PDA

View Full Version : X-Wing the Show

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:54:05 PM
I heard rumors about this about 2 years ago... suddenly thought of it. So, why didn't Lucas ever make the show? Just X-Wing, and use Stackpole's Charachters? Why? TELL ME DARN YOU!!!

It would of been better then some Star Trek shows... Sheesh!

I would start Rogue Squadren the TV show right after Yavin, and show what happened during the months that followed... wait, that wouldn't work. At the time Luke was in Charge... Hmmm, maybe just start it where Stackpole did. Follow the books closely, but add in a dozen more missions, all leading up to Coruscant, which can be captured the same way. Over about 5-6 episodes. 1 hour long episodes. Season Finale can be Corran being captured. That would leave people wondering for about a couple months. (Thats if they didn't read the books)

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:10:15 PM
Are you talking about X-Wing the book Series? The one where they had about 3 books of Wraith Squadron? They should have done more with Wraith Squadron, Gosh darn it! That would be soooo cool to see tha that on TV!

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 01:43:46 AM
Maybe it's something Lucas can look into for after the PT. I prefer to have SW on screen stop there, but if he had the right project on the the burner and it didn't revolve around complete 100% CG then I'd be all for it.

Tyreal Dalarsco
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:43:27 AM
I love X-Wing. Sadly, I have the urge to read it in order, and someone lost the copy of one of them in my school library.:cry

JediBoricua
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:27:16 PM
X-Wing it's the greatest series of SW books period.

If they did a TV show I'll be the happiest SW fan this side of the unknown regions.

Sene Unty
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:05:56 AM
I would love this so much, but I think they would botch it if they did it with live action. I think it would need to be animated, that way they could show all the glorious battles in full color glory.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 16th, 2002, 01:38:06 AM
American Animation? Have you seen that lately? We make good, short, hilarious cartoons, but real action? Nope, it sucks.

But if the Japanese get a hold of it, they will mutate it into another DBZ or Gundam Wing off.

I mean, have you seen the Jap version of Transformers? IT IS STILL A GUY CONTROLLING ROBOTS!!! He becomes a Robot himself and then jumps into a BIGGER robot and controls it.

JMK
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:29:19 PM
*pukes*