PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this?

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:28:04 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24418

it be an invasion thread

Zeke
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:43:31 PM
Does anyone around here have a starship?

Xazor Elessar
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:18:49 PM
*checks pockets*

Nope, not on me! ;) :D Okay, kick me.....thought it was funny. *sniffle* I'm sick today anyhow.

Hmm.....an invasion thread? I have an X-Wing! ;) :lol Anywayz...What are we to do? I'll help in any way that I can! :D

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:30:02 PM
I always wanted a TIE Defender, but I don;t know how I would RP Wei getting one.

Evil Hobgoblin
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:20:10 PM
In ancient times, automatically owning a starship was considered permissable for new characters, so long as the method by which they came to possess it was feasible, given their backstory.

I actually did an RP about how Pierce came to acquire his current freighter, the Long Shot I and some of its' special qualities, but no one seemed to care, so I aborted it midway through.

Alpha
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:47:51 PM
Uh, I still have Tolaria, which is a heavily modified Nova Cruiser. I also have my personal ship, Black star, if any of those help. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:01:00 PM
Oh for crying out loud.

* Is in a <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing bad mood now *

Did this clown think to chat to someone with interest in the planet first?

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:23:07 PM
I know nothing of the defenses.. that is why I posted this for you and the others that do know so you can email this guy .... :\

Sejah Haversh
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:57:02 PM
I think it's funny. First off, how he treats his own men, and second, how he almost knows it's a futile shot.

That's what is going to make this oen fun, we don't have to worry about huge weapons, or massive death counts, only the cunning of a rather amusing character. Why do all invasions have to be bad? I mean, this looks great to me. Kudos to Wolfgang for having the guts and funnybone to attempt this. What would make it even better would be if it were a group of Padawans who takes him down.

Why do we always jump down each otehrs throats here? Let's let this one go and see how it turns out. I looks like a Spaceballs type invasion squad to me, so, what threat do they really pose? Nah, I want to see how this turns out.

Zeke
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:05:11 PM
::has a brilliant idea:: Let's just get Lillian to sic Reason on him! Think Reason could take him out?

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:17:32 PM
Reason! Reason! Reason! Reason!

seriously. Let's have some padawans kick some serious behind here! It's the Padawans' perfect chances to actually win for once and no one bust them for God-moding! I'm going in!

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:46:11 PM
Sejah ... you weren't around when fleet stuff was horrible -_- we all have been damaged by the experience ... hence my wariness towards it and Marcus' response :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:49:24 PM
Damaged? Man, that's an understaement. Fleeting was about as welcome as.... as...... Iraqi leaders in the White House. And about as plesant as root canal without anesthetic

Zeke
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:55:34 PM
That's why we have Reason.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:15:14 PM
Well, there sure as hell were no reason in Fleet threads not long ago -_-

Sejah Haversh
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:34:42 PM
Well, he admitted he had no fleet and no uber weapons, so, that's why I thought it was fun.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:35:31 PM
it can be, not saying it won't be but I can't get rid of the scars Sejah :cry

Sejah Haversh
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:38:44 PM
Have you tried Doc Schmappy's Scar Cream?

Zeke
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:51:28 PM
Just get his ship within the atmosphere. Reason can take it from there with ease.

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:38:57 AM
@ Mark:

WHAT UTTER ROT!

:mad

Come off ze paradigm right this instant, and see a RP chance for what it is.

/rant

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:00:53 PM
lol...Lion's got an 135 meter long cruiser, the Black Dawn, and a mon cal thingy, if the NR will let him pull it out of the stardock...:lol

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:10:24 PM
If we can just get him in the atmosphere, or get Reason out into space, we can sit back and let it do all the dirty work FOR us.

Sanis Prent
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:35:37 PM
Personal assets are supposed be be below 100 meters, to my knowledge.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:41:03 PM
I want a TIE Defender. HEY! Sanis is rich. Maybe he would buy one for Wei because he is Nav's favorite student and Nav would love for Wei to have a TIE Defender for Christmas!

Verse Dawnstrider
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:22:21 PM
Ok, stupid question time for teh person who has had little time to learn what is goin' on at the moment.

The hell is Reason?????

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:28:46 PM
Behold, Reason. (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24277)

James Prent
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:11:07 AM
I wonder if Wolfgang has a......cat!

Looks like a good thread to ME, but then, I never understand why people get all uptight about RPing anyway. Ok, I know I've fallen victim to that a few times myself, or rather, have subjected people to ME being uptight. But, honestly, lets just RP and have fun.

shhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee!

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:04:18 AM
no personal asset...NR cruiser...as for the Black Dawn, that's chartered to the NR...

imported_Lance Stormrider
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:46:26 AM
Verse let's beat the sh-t out of Reason!!! :p

Woha an invasion? o_o.....Damnit I hate this -_- I can't participate ;______;

Zeke
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:02:42 PM
Sucks to be you Lance. And as for you two beating Reason? You'll be hard pressed to do it.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:51:30 PM
...who gave them clearance to do this, anyway?

Sanis Prent
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:43:17 AM
you don't need clearance to fight, silly!

Morgan Evanar
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:50:10 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't see Reason taking an Impstar and pair of Victories.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:37:36 AM
Naw, lol, I mean to invade Arcan...that's like, the headquarters of Drunk, Shopping Jedi...

And he's gonna try to invade the planet with (1) Star Destroyer?!?!

In Palp's days, it took 6 destroyers and their attending fleets to take planets.

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:26:56 AM
1 Impstar
2 victories
and a dozen smaller supporting capital ships

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:15:13 AM
Even Thrawn needed three Star Destroyers and almost 30 Katana Dreadnoughts to capture Ukio's shields intact, plus an insane jedi master, plus cloaking technology, plus multiple companies of the best Imperial Stormtroopers...

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:21:34 AM
No one else is going to agree with me here, I bet, but I think we should just let him take the planet. Arcan is in no state to defend itself, and a mecha (which I refuse to believe could take out the GE's fleet) plus a small number of Jedi alone isn't going to repel huge starships.

Send a transmission to the command ship and propose a treaty of some kind whereby the Galactic Empire gains Arcan IV, on the conditions that a Jedi Ambassador (possibly a small group of them) keeps an eye on how the planet is being run.

What the Order really wouldn't need is hostilities between it and a group with a sizeable fleet, especially since our own fleet/NR is out of action (i.e. it's dead due to inactivity) at the moment.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:26:25 AM
I think this is a great idea. It's far, far more believable than watching one robot and a few jedi fight off an entire army. Besides, if the army lost (which is unlikely), couldn't the Starships just bombard the planet from orbit? Especially the Victory Class, as those ships are capable of actually penetrating INTO the atmosphere...

...this is yet another reason why we kinda need the New Republic. I created this thread in the new OOC part of the Temple Avalon, just come and see if you agree or disagree:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24758

Zeke
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:39:24 AM
Thought he only had one...new plan then...What kind of ship stuff have we got? Lion and Alpha's ships, Xaz's starfighter...we're so screwed.

imported_Akrabbim
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:32:40 PM
Well, who said we had to take them on in full force? I could prolly make my way onto a ship... and I could take a couple with me. With a little luck, we could take command of one of 'em, have it shoot the one next to it. Or, if nothing else, make it splode.

Zeke
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:11:42 PM
How do we expect to get ON one of these ships though?

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 9th, 2002, 09:04:15 PM
Given that a Star Destroyer's normal complement of men is 32,000, as well as the 20 AT-AT walkers and the thousands of Stormtroopers, there is no way that we're taking any of those ships with only 6 or 7 people. Even the smaller ships, which I assume are around Strike Cruiser size, have crews in excess of 1000.

imported_Akrabbim
Nov 9th, 2002, 09:16:15 PM
Well, to get on the ship, unless I'm mistaken, can't a small ship, moving at slow velocities, get through a shield? If not, I know there's SOME way to pierce one. Second, once we're on, no one will notice us. I can make us look like anything, including the captain. Then, go smite the captain, and have him target a second ship. I would assume standard imperial adherance to rules would make them listen to orders, no matter how crazy... so, there ya go. At least, we could cause quite a bit of bedlam.

Or I could just make 'em see a fleet comin after 'em. And before you call that moding, there was, in one of the books, a single Sith who caused a whole fleet to appear to be there. Even Jedi saw this illusion.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 9th, 2002, 09:26:21 PM
Yes, and that sith had an amazingly massive amount of power. We don't have Imperial codes, uniforms...nothing that would get us aorund those ships. Besides, a Star Destroyer can be shut down from many parts of the ship, which is why the "pretend we're the crew" thing won't work. The captain would surely notice if his destroyer began tearing apart the rest of his fleet. Also, there is no way we can RP this without them noticing us. It gives us borderline Invulnerability...

...sorry, but I think most ways of turning this assault back would be considered 'moding.

imported_Akrabbim
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:20:27 AM
Hmmm... well, the uniforms wouldn't be important... my illusions are quite strong... it's basically all I can do, so I can make rather good ones. Not to mention, these guys have almost no resistance to the Force, so it wouldn't be nearly as hard to make them see what I wanted them to. As for getting on the ship, wouldn't they have bays open for the ties to exit? I just make a small ship invisible, and we go in where the ties come out. If nothing else, couldn't we at least blow up some important bits? We may not stop anything, but we could possibly cripple one ship long enough for reinforcements to arrive. They may even take the planet, but they'd be in sore shape when an opposing force arrived.

And was I correct about getting through a shield?

And I thought that the Sith in question was not really all that powerful... about Knight level, just skilled in illusions.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:25:41 AM
Yes...but, even if we got rid of the captain, and the ship...there's still another dozen or so out there...:lol

imported_Akrabbim
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:01:08 PM
Yeah... but we take out the biggest one... don't they have only one SD?

Jackson DeWitt
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:50:06 PM
Correct.

imported_Akrabbim
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:45:37 PM
Well, there ya go. Cripple that one cruiser. No need to actually win. We just make it much more difficult to HOLD the planet.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:24:38 AM
They are not going to hold the planet. I'm not even sure they are going to want to stick around for long either. There ae ways and means.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:49:06 AM
True...whoever set up this thing is off his rocker, though...

Besides, he kinda forgot his own RP...:lol