PDA

View Full Version : One Chord to Another (Nemesis)

Dae Jinn
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:38:37 PM
Daetana Jinn walked into the dingy bar, her long black Sith robes trailing behind her. Her eyes were hidden behind the red tinted lenses of her sunglasses, they were tired of the light, tired of crying. It had been one week since Jeran had left her for the second time. Now it was her turn to search for him.

Her contacts had heard nothing about the where-abouts of Jeran, but they had told of someone who would know. A member of "The Plague", the darkside hunters, Jeran was one of them, and this man was their leader. Or so she had heard. The man whom she had gotten her information from had been tight lipped, but a pair of pliers had loosened his tongue.
So here she was. In a stinking bar full of low lifes. She stalked over to the bar.
"I'm looking for the one called Nemesis." She told the bartender. "And you're going to tell me where he is."

Nemesis
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:29:13 PM
"There's no need to threaten the poor man, madam." A daunting masculine voice called to Dae from a booth just behind her. "I've been expecting you."

Twin bone white eyes burned against a midnight body, while the outstretched glove ran an impatient finger around his empty glass.

Dae Jinn
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:57:45 PM
She turned, looking over her glasses at the man in the booth. She smiled, taking a seat across from him.
"Get me a vodka, bring the bottle. And whatever my friend here wants..." She yelled over to the tender. She returned her gaze to the dark figure that sat across from her.
"Been expecting me, eh? Then you should know why I'm here."
A nervous waitress brought over her drink and a fresh glass for Nemesis. Dae took the top of her bottle and poured herself a drink." Well?"

Nemesis
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:06:45 PM
Unquestionably, the hunter was surprised to hear a word like "friend" used by the female Sith. However, Nemesis was preoccupied with a more vital question.

"Yes, I know why you have sought me out, Ms. Jinn. The fact that one such as yourself would go to great lengths to find a man whose sole purpose is to see your kind eliminated was in and of itself reason enough for me to come."

Taking a leisurely sip from the fresh glass of green tea, he noticed the obviously shaken waitress who trembled where she stood beside their booth. With his free hand he waved her away, supplying the frightened woman with enough courage to make a hasty retreat.

His watch returned to Dae as he continued, "You've gone to a great deal of trouble and taken a potentially fatal risk in your search for Jeran. You are either hell bent on murdering him or..." his words trailed off. The assassin's eyes seemed to probe Dae's for the understood answer.

He lifted his drink once more, this time indulging himself with a longer sip before completing his open statement, "Well, let us hope that your reasons do not lie with the former, for your sake."

Dae Jinn
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:33:34 PM
The corners of her mouth turned down, and she removed her glasses, her sad eyes staring straight at him, unwavering.
"I would never harm Jeran, ever. My reasons for wanting to find him are of a personal nature...." She looked down at her glass. "But if you must know...I have very strong feelings for him, I love him, and I don't care that he hunts Darksiders. I just want to find him and make things right between us again...."

She wouldn't go into the details of their last meeting, him leaving her yet again, her yelling after him, telling him to never come back. She regretted it now; her heart ached for him everyday. Her eyes rose from the glass to stare back at Nemesis.
"I promise you I will never let any harm come to Jeran. I just want to find him and talk to him....."

Nemesis
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:08:21 PM
His glass slowly descended to the table. Nemesis meticulously weighed her response within the recesses of his mind. An almost unending flood of questions were raised then swiftly answered, all the while he remained silent.

Finally, the tense silence was broken. "I understand your desire to make amends with the one you love, but one dominating factor lies unanswered: Does Jeran want you to find him?"

A brief pause halted his speech, allowing him to collect his thoughts as well as permit her time to understand his position.

"Your informants were able to track me down easily enough, but I did not attempt to elude them, either. They're inability to locate him, leads me to believe that he does not wish to be found. I'm afraid I can not take you to see Jeran until I am certain that he would agree to such a meeting."

Dae Jinn
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:30:38 PM
Her lower lip quivered and she looked back down sighing. Running a finger down her own glass, she looked back up at him.
"You're probably right...He found me twice, I figured I should be the one to look for now...But there's no point...." Her voise cracked. She struggled to hold her emotions in check. Rising from her seat, she tossed enough credits to cover her drink, and several more of his onto the table. She slipped her glasses back on, tears sliding down her cheeks. She sniffled and smiled half-heartedly.
"Sorry for bothering you..." With that she turned and started for the door.

Nemesis
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:48:03 PM
"Wait." With an extreme rarity, the man's voice softened.

Nemesis rose from his seat, straightened his form into the typical rigid military stance, and hardened his tone once more.

"Meet me here again, in seven days. In that time I will find Jeran, speak with him, and; if he consents; will arrange a meeting between the two of you."

He scooped her money from the table, replacing it with his own, then pressed the credits into Dae's palm.

"Keep your money."

Dae Jinn
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:58:11 PM
She looked up at him, and nodded. "Seven days it is...." A soft smile lit up her face. "Thank you."

She turned again, walking away, disappearing out the door and into the dark.