PDA

View Full Version : Logical Fallacy: Non Sequitur

Reason
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:30:45 PM
Reason was out with Lillian and a group of her Jedi friends. They were out to eat, and had happened upon a fairly decent restaurant. Inside, they pulled up several chairs around a large table. Reason stood aside, behind Lillian, sensors wary for any sign of a threat.

Lillian Snow
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:33:58 PM
Lillian was having fun for once. Reason was there, but hadn't bristled or threatened anyone yet. It stood behind her, unmoving, and she found it easy to ignore the hulking droid for once.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:39:03 PM
Wei sat down at a table with his neighbor, Lillian Snow. "This is a nice place, Lillian."

Reason stood behind her. "How is Reason doing?" He asked the droid, even though he knew Reason would not answer.

Rognan Dar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:49:42 PM
Rognan strolled into the restaurant and saw Wei and Lillian sitting at a table.

"Hows it going Wei, Lillian?" Rognan bowed in greetings to the pair, when he saw reason standing still behind Lillian. "Does he ever talk?"

Reason
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:53:24 PM
Reason ignored both comments, though something beneath the surface of its programming was stirred by them.

Yeah, it talks.

Reason didn't say it out loud. It echoed through its logic program, throwing off its AI. Reason didn't move, nor did it show any sign of being bothered.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 3rd, 2002, 10:25:09 AM
Wei smiled. "So, Lillian, how have you been? You haven;t been too sick have you?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:21:05 PM
"No, lately I have been fine..."

She looked back at Reason.

"Even Reason seems to be more at ease..."

Rognan Dar
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:23:56 PM
"He doesn't look much eased, but you would know better then me about it anyway." Rognan said sitting down in a chair next to Wei.

Reason
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:17:00 AM
Reason shook its head, almost bored, then moved to sit at the bar a few tables down. Needless to say, this drew surprised looks from the entire restaurant.

"Hey...we don't serve droids," said the barkeeper.

Rognan Dar
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:09:29 PM
"So, how did you two get together Lillian?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:24:54 PM
"I was out one day and Reason simply...appeared...I was attacked by Sith, and it saved me."

Reason walked past the table, drawing Lillian's attention.

"Where is it...it's sitting down...at the bar..."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 4th, 2002, 07:07:42 PM
Wei smiled and nodded. "It must have taken my advice," Wei said jokingly. "I told it it was too anal retentive for it's own good."

Reason
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:55:53 PM
Reason took the bartender by the collar and dragged him up in its face. After a moment of glaring, it released him. The barkeeper stopped hassling it.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:21:44 PM
"Wooooooo doggie, look at him go."

Wei was good at guessing people's next moves, even before he had known the Force. He could only usually do it on the battlefield, but sometimes he could do it out of battle.

"50 credits says he bad-mouths the next person that speaks to him."

Rognan Dar
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:57:55 PM
"Ok, I'll bet against that, 50 credits." Rognan said smiling at Wei, then looked at reason to see what would happen next.

Lillian Snow
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:31:50 PM
Lillian watched with surprise.

"Why would Reason do that? I don't understand!"

A group of thugs approached Reason.

"Oh no, they're going to attack it!"

Reason
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:56:14 PM
The leader tapped Reason's giant metal shoulder.

"No droids at the bar...and that's MY seat..."

Reason simply turned and glared.

"You best recognize! I'ma cap you!"

Reason raised one palm into the guy's face.

Glock glock.

It fired, charring a neat little tunnel in the man's face.

Logic
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:00:17 AM
Yeah, that ROCKED.

Logic surfaced within Reason, dictating the droid's actions. It grew on Reason's AI like a plague, taking control at odd moments, overriding Reason's programming and contorting its AI.

Who else wants some?

Logic spoke aloud, taking control even of Reason's speech functions. The giant droid's own programming was fighting back, combating Logic as if it were a virus. Logic folded in upon itself and disappeared into the operating system of Reason. It would come back whenever it so desired.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:33:56 AM
Wei smiled. "Pay up, Rog. The robot just bad mouthed the whole place with that 'who else wants some' act. You know it and I know it."

Wei held out his hand to recieve his money.

Rognan Dar
Nov 6th, 2002, 07:04:52 PM
"Ok ok, you win. Here you go." Rognan said readhing into his pocket, pulled out some credits and counting them, handed them to Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 6th, 2002, 07:07:42 PM
Wei took the credits from Rog and watched Reason some more. "Lillian, this is the first time he has acted like this hasn;t he?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:16:21 AM
"I...I have never seen Reason act this way..."

The girl sat in total shock. Reason's actions made no sense...

Rognan Dar
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:16:09 PM
"Your right, its wierd that he's acting like this. Should we do somehitng about it, or let him go on a rampage?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:23:33 PM
"What can we do...Reason is too strong for three of us...maybe it will calm down..."

Reason
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:14:48 PM
The droid turned to look. Lillian was under no harm. It stood to standby position, blocking the bar. It seemed it was over as fast as it had started. Reason hummed, then spoke aloud.

Diagnostic indicates system anomaly.

It bristled fully, and the restaurant cleared in a panicked rush.

Weapon systems scan...no anomaly detected...

It covered its weapons and continued to run its diagnostics.

Rognan Dar
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:22:18 AM
"Whats up with him?" Rognan said to Lillian. "He needs his hardware checked, before he does somthing else.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:25:06 PM
"that's what he is doing." Wei said. I bet it's that attitude that was the problem.

Lillian Snow
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:28:30 PM
"I've never seen this happen to Reason..."

She stood and walked over to the droid, looking at it with worry. She'd come to accept Reason's presence, as not only a guardian but a friend. She pulled lightly at Reason's arm.

"Let's go, Reason...maybe we can find someone who can figure out what's wrong."

She led it out the door and started back to the Jedi Order. Someone there could help her.