PDA

View Full Version : A snooze cruise

Zeke
Nov 2nd, 2002, 05:41:32 PM
Zeke sat chilling aboard a luxury cruiser, taking a well deserved break from the life of the Jedi. He was en route from Coruscant to Arcan, going back to where he'd first been taught to use the Force. His head nodded, the hum of the ship and the passing of stars lulling him asleep.

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 3rd, 2002, 06:49:33 PM
Alana moved up next to the sleeping Jedi and sat down. She had been following him for some time. He was an interesting enigma. He seemed to be far to happy for his own good. Alana had decided to cast a little shadow on his life.

Reaching out she placed her cool hand on his arm. As a lover might to a sleeping lover she did not wish to awaken. She entered his untroubled mind and began to chant. He was immediately held in her snare. Alana had perfected her dream walking long ago, and took great pleasure in weaving her charms around her prey.

A soft breeze washed over Zeke as he walked in the forest setting. The sweet soft sounds of a bird could be heard. Suddenly sharp scream cut the air. Zekes head turned, and his eyes settled on a disturbing sight. A beautiful lady, one that defied description, lay torn and bleeding. Two men stood over her, both obviously Jedi Knights. They taunted and hurt the young girl. Her beautiful green eyes were wide with horror as she spotted Zeke. Thinking perhaps he was here to hurt her also.
"PLeaseeee. Help me." She cried out. Her torn dress hung open revealing all her charms. The Jedi men leered and pulled at her already torn dress...

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2002, 06:56:00 PM
Zeke was there in a flash, his Force Pike at the ready, He swept it in a large arc, catching them and throwing them away. He interposed himself between the woman and the knights.

"Some kinda Jedi you are...back off..."

All of this with his unwavering smile.

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:22:15 PM
The girl backed up against a tree her mistrustful eyes looking at all the men. "All Jedi are like this." She sobbed brokenly. "They come and protect our township and exact payment from us like this. It has always been this way. The Jedi know they have us under there thumb and there vengeance is terrible if we do not give them what they want." She clutched her torn dress to her. Her hurt eyes looked at Zeke.

"You all say you stand for peace and justice, and my people suffer under you hands."

The two Jedi that had been hurting her laughed coldly. "You owe us your lives. Is it so much to ask for small favors in return? Look at her Jedi," one of the tormentors said to Zeke. "She is a sweet morsel, and look at all we do for people. They offer us no thanks, no gratitude. The masters condone this as payment." They leered.

The young girl looked at Zeke, her eyes bitter and hurt. "Take what you want and leave." She had given up and Zeke could see it was something she had suffered many times before at the hands of the Jedi.

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:24:44 PM
"Nuh uh! That ain't right! Protecting others for the sake of self is wrong."

Zeke stood his ground.

"You're no Jedi if you believe all things should serve your ends! That's a Sith talking, not Jedi!"

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:39:18 PM
The young girl stood up and passed a shaking hand through her hair. She could see this one appeared to be different. But her eyes still remained mistrustful. "They are Jedi all right, they come and offer protection and take what they want. It has always been this way. Even in my grandmothers generation. All Jedi think they are owed something. You are deceived If you think any different." Her beautiful green eyes scanned Zekes face. A look of hope had come into them.

"These two have been here often, my little sister died because of there demands. She was to young." She cried out in accusing tones. The two Jedi knights laughed. "She was as her sister." They leered.

"Come on kid, you can have some of the village women to. They are all just as beautiful as she is and all with sweet charms. We share with our fellow Jedi and as we said the masters condone this payment." They said in wheedling voices to Zeke. Suddenly the girl was jerked from Zekes side and into the arms of one of her tormentors. His hands fumbled with her dress and he ripped it from her body.

The girl cried out as he yanked her back and placed a kiss on her protesting mouth...

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:45:27 PM
Zeke's eyes grew wide, this was wrong, he would not allow this, nor would he participate in it.

"You are not Jedi. You are pretenders. This shall not pass."

The man was flung apart from the girl by way of the Force, and Zeke stepped forward, Pike in hand.

"I'll protect this girl from you. And I'll do it without reward."

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:12:35 PM
The two Jedi backed away from Zeke. "We will not fight you, you are a fellow Jedi." They both turned and left. "

The woman looked at Zeke in shock. "I didnt think a Jedi would ever help me." She whispered. She watched the retreating forms a sad smile tugged her lips. "They will return though."

She moved closer to Zeke. "I do not know how to thank you. This means more to me than you could ever know. Please will you walk me to my village?" Her beautiful eyes pleaded for his protection. "It would be a pleasure to have you for dinner." She pulled at her torn dress, trying to cover her exposed flesh.

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:14:09 PM
Zeke shucked off his own shirt and handed it to her.

"It's long, it'll do the trick."

He bowed politely.

"Name's Zeke. Lead the way, m'lady."

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:38:41 AM
The girl grateful slipped Zekes shirt on. She smiled at him and nodded her thanks. "My name is Nala, it is a... Pleasure to meet you Zeke." She paused slightly.

"My village is not to far away." She gestured through a small standing of tree's. "How is it that you are so different from the other Jedi Zeke?" She blurted out. A blush heated her face. Her beautiful eyes skipped away from his.

Zeke
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:46:28 AM
"Ah, being the norm's never been my style. I just do what comes naturally...I grew up under the idea that everyone should be happy...means doin' stuff and not expecting a reward. Like what I just did for you."

He turned his head toward her and smiled.

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:56:00 AM
"I see... So you know of the Jedi's corruption then?" Nala asked softly as they walked. Se looked sadly at him and then back down. "It seems that no matter ow hard we try they are there to make it harder. We need there help but their price is to large. My sister was only fifteen ... it doesn't matter anymore I guess..." She trailed off.

"How long have you been a Jedi Zeke?"

Zeke
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:04:43 PM
"I...I'm sorry...I didn't know there were people such as them amongst the Jedi. I've been a Jedi for a few months, couldn't tell ya for certain how long. Was Knighted a little while ago..."

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 4th, 2002, 05:36:44 PM
"As far as I have seen, they are all like that Zeke. Except you. When we get to town you will see the fear on the faces of the villagers. The fear of generations. We have always paid the price of the Jedi helping us, there s called protection." Nala's face darkened as she spoke.

They entered the town and what was very noticeable was the silence. There was no happy laughter of children though they could be see. The voices were hushed and fearful. The chatter was kept low and the faces held a look of worry instead of happiness.

Nala led Zeke to her house. People looked at him with mistrustful eyes. Kids ran crying from his path. "Nala shook her head sadly. "It is as it has always been." She opened the door and gestured for him to enter.

Zeke
Nov 4th, 2002, 05:41:14 PM
"They're all afraid of me! How...why?"

Zeke stepped inside, unsure what to make of this.

"Jedi aren't always a welcome sight in places, but I've never seen such a reaction..."

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:05:36 PM
Nala closed the door softly behind Zeke as he entered. "It has always been this way Zeke." She moved further in to the small room calling out to her parents. Se did not want them to walk in and be shocked and scared by having a Jedi in there home.

"Mother, father we have a visitor." Her parents entered the room. Her mother wore her perpetual sad frown. Her fathers worry lined face peered at his daughter. He had seen her taken by the two Jedi. There eyes widened at the sight of Zeke, her mother gasped and dropped into the chair that was thankfully next to her. Nala father, once a strong proud man, fell to his knees and trembled.

"It's ok he helped me, mother, father this is Zeke." Nala's eyes pooled with tears. It hurt her to see her once strong, and happy parents reduced to this. She motioned for Zeke to sit down. She did not know how to lighten the sad situation.

Zeke
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:11:01 PM
Zeke grinned broadly, his most winning, contagious smile.

"Hi. M'name's Zeke...but then she told you that already...Anyways, found Nala gettin' jumped up in the forest. I saved her from them, and she brought me home..."

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:32:20 PM
Nala's parents watched Zeke with mistrustful eyes. Her mother flinched and looked away from him. "Father..." Nala pleaded softly.

"Well, I guess thanks are in order... Have a seat Jedi," her father said gruffly. Nala smiled at him.

"I am gong to the well and get some fresh water. I won't b long. "She said as she grabbed the bucket and headed for the door. "Please talk." Her parents mouths had dropped open at the thought of being left alone with a Jedi.

Nala made her way to the old well that served as the towns watering hole. She bent over and dipped her bucket in. A pain sliced through her side. A scream erupted from her mouth. She turned and saw quiet a few Jedi surrounding her. "She cried out the name of the only one she thought could help. "Zeke..."

Zeke
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:32:11 PM
Zeke sat down, on edge, ready to argue his case to them. It seemed the parents didn't like him.

"Well...I..."

A shout from outside drew his attention. Nala was getting attacked by Jedi...AGAIN. He threw open the door and stepped outside.

"Jedi, are you? Your actions are those of darksiders. I am a true Jedi, I will not fall to your level, and I will save this girl, without any reward or payment for services rendered.

He took a stance, holding the Pike before him.

"Defeat me, and you can do as you please."

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:12:02 AM
Familiar face turned toward Zeke. The Jedi he challenged, were the friends he knew and loved. Pulled from his mind by Alana.

"She is a darksider Zeke. She and her family have betrayed us, the Jedi, you. She knew the pact this town has with us and they turned there backs on it." The Jedi spoke, there faces filled with disdain.

"It is a lie Zeke. I have betrayed no one." Nala cried out. Her hand clutched to her side. Blood pooled and poured from her fingers. "They are the ones who have done wrong."

Zeke
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:10:19 AM
Zeke hesitated, one brow raised in slight confusion.

"Pact? I've never known Jedi to make deals...and even if she is a darksider, your actions make you no better than you claim she is!"

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:18:46 PM
The Jedi Zeke new all to well turned to him in confusion. "You would choose the side of a darksider over us Zeke? Your trusted friends? This town has received our help many times and still they remain foolish and uncooperative." They turned back to the girl and stepped towards her.

"Nala you have been found guilty, and will pay for you crimes as a darksider."

Nala cried out and fell to her knees. "I am no darksider. It is you who has committed sins against us."

Zeke
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:25:56 PM
Zeke stepped forward, blocking them from her. He looked from one face to the next, registering the faces of his friends, but refusing to believe them.

"This is not how we do things...this isn't at all like you guys to act this way..."

Something wasn't right...Zeke could feel it. But deep inside, he began to feel a bit doubtful. Some of what they said made sense.

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:52:37 PM
His friends approached. There faces sad, hurt by his betrayal. "Zeke why would you go against us, we are your family. You can't mean to stand in the way of justice to a darksider." There voices pleaded.

In the background the wrenching sobs of Nala tugged at his mind.

Zeke
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:57:25 PM
Zeke hesitated.

"If she is a darksider, and you are lightsiders, then you certainly can't tell by looking! Your actions label you darksiders, her actions label her a lightsider."

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:01:50 PM
"It is what is in your heart Zeke. You know us to be your friends. You know we would do nothing against what is right. Why would you doubt us? Have we not time and again proven our love for you? She has taken your mind over. You cannot see what the truth is." There voices pleaded.

Zeke
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:08:11 PM
"The truth? And what is the truth, then? That lightsiders may behave as darksiders if it benefits their ends?"

At least that's how they seemed to be acting...

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:09:50 PM
"Zeke we do not act as darksiders. Why can't you see this woman has you fooled. She and her family are the darksiders. She must pay for her crimes." His friends pleaded.

Had Zeke glanced back for a moment he would have seen a darkness fall over Nala's eyes before returning to the pleading blue ones he had seen before.

Zeke
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:12:31 PM
"What proof do you have?"

Zeke was shaken by this, to say the least. He just wasn't seeing it, how she was of the dark...especially after seeing her town, saving her from those who had attacked her. What he knew from experience and his current situation clashed, Zeke didn't get it.

"It doesn't make sense..." he said quietly. "It just doesn't...make SENSE!"

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:26:07 PM
"Zeke you are confused. Go back to the Jedi Order and rest. Let us take care of this problem and then we will explain to you. Trust us, we are your friends." They asked.

Nala's voice pleaded dimly in the background. Her hands clutched at his legs.

Zeke
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:29:17 PM
Zeke vibrated visibly, unable to make a decision. Yes, they were his friends, but they had never done such as this...it wasn't at all like them! This new person, Nala, she seemed nice enough...but if his friends could change so radically, who's to say she couldn't too? What if they were all darksiders? What if there was no difference between light and dark? In the end, it's all the same...isn't it? ISN'T IT?

Alana Stormcloud
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:14:24 PM
Alana could feel Zekes indecision as she sat next to him. Her soft hand caressed him. Her mind invaded his. Leaning close she began to chant. The dark mists surrounded Zeke's mind fully, making him feel it was more of a memory than a dream. "Remember Zeke what you have seen, what you have felt. There is no difference between light and dark. In the end it is all used to suit the needs of the wielder." Lies mixed with half truths filled Zeke's mind.

"I will come back." It was Nala's voice and face he saw before opening his eyes. Alana was no where to be seen.

Zeke
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:19:16 PM
Zeke sat up.

"WHOOAAA!"

He gasped and put a hand to his head.

"What a freaky...dream...right?"

He breathed heavily, drenched in a cold sweat. No way...there's no way that can be right...there can't really be no difference between light and dark!...can there? He tried to focus, collect his thoughts, but it made his head hurt.

"I guess...there really is no difference...in the end..."