PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a mind reader for crying out loud!

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:49:51 AM
Wei sat in the Academy, reading a document on how to tell other people's emotions and intentions. Wei had never been very perceptive about things outside of combat. He had gottne into many fights that could have been avoided if he could have found out his enemy's intentions before hand. The village by the waterfall and his recent run-in with Sieken Kasstra came to mind as he turned another page.

"I don;t get it." Wei set the book down and relaxed a little. He found that most written things about the Force were not the best things to learn from. He needed someone to help him out.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:34:07 PM
Xazor wandered into the training hall designated for mind control: her specialty. She smiled as she spotted a single figure reading over documentation of some sort and it sparked her curiosity. The Knight made her way to stand beside Wei and looked over his shoulder. Ah....sensing others intentions.... She thought to herself.

"Good day Wei......mind control is such an interesting topic. I'm a mentalist, did you know that?"

She questioned, closing her eyes. She focused deeply upon the Force and suddenly she was floating beside Wei in a crosslegged sitting position.

"You seek to learn these things.....don't you. You......you wish to know what others intentions and thoughts are....I shall help you."

It was second hand for her to do these things when she knew that she was not prying into others personal business. She would gladly give him her help...

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:42:20 PM
Wei looked over at Xazor. "Hi Master Xazor. I sort of figured you knew about these things, sincce you usually greet newcomers. I've been in so many fights because I can;t tell is someone is lying to me or not. In fights people are open books, but outside of that, I can;t tell anything. Vega van Derveld and Sieken Kasstra have both tricked me like that, and I figure it is high time I figure out how to tell a truth from a falsehood. Could you help me please?"

Xazor Elessar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:51:32 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded to herself at his words. Indeed, she was very good at this and it was one of the first things that her Master had taught her.

"Yes, I shall help you with this, Wei. First thing is first. You know how to speak through telepathy, yes? Okay.....you do so by moderatly entering the other's mind and placing a message inside. This is the same concept when reading others thoughts and feelings. You want to look into their mind....dig deeply and find out their true motives."

She paused slightly and opened her eyes as she floated herself to sit in front of him in the air still. The young woman smiled to herself and took a deep breath before continuing.

"The Force lets us know through our danger sense if something is not right. I am sure you have felt that before....but you've not always known what was amiss. Many times the other could be lying and that is what you want to know. Loose yourself in the Force and probe my mind for what I am about to be thinking...."

Xazor thought about the book she was reading this morning. She pictured it in her mind and even thought the name of it over and over again. Meditations For The Soul it was called and she put a slight barrier upon these thoughts.....then nodded for him to try the new exercise.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:02:53 PM
"Ok."

Wei relaxed his entire body and slipped into the Force as Navaria had taught him. Wei thought it was funny how everything built onto one another. Then he entered Xazor's mind and began to look about. It was not too hard to find what she was thinking about. It sort of stood out because she was thinking about it. But something was there, like a wall or something. Pages, words...

"A book," Wei said. But there was more to it than that. Wei needed to get around that barrier, but he didn;t quite know how.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:18:17 PM
Xazor nodded gently and smiled to herself, keeping the image in her mind as well as the mental block around that image. It was not a strong barrier.....for she could block out her whole mind and every thought from anyone if she so chose, but this time she was teaching and could not.

"Now....as I'm sure you have noticed, there is a barrier within my mind that you cannot get past. There are ways around this though. Perhaps you need to distract me to break the barrier....or perhaps you need to create something within my mind that would cause me to drop the barrier as well. Pain is used oftentimes to make people forget other things, for when in pain, it is easy to only focus upon that. Within ones mind there are sensors that you have easy access too. All you need to do is pinch one of those sensors and it will create pain to as much as you need. Something all the way from a pin prick....to the feeling that ones arm has just been hacked off are able to be accomplished using this method. Now, you try to get around this barrier in my mind...and do not worry how you do it...I can take much."

She smiled reassuringly and nodded, signalling for him to continue on with this learning experience.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:25:37 PM
Wei thought about what she had said. Pain didn;t sound too good to him. He hated hurting people. So he would try something else. Wei tried making Xazor feel an itch on her back. It was a bad itch, one that jumped from one part of your body yo the next whenever you would try to scratch it. If an itch was bad enough, it could distract you from anything.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:42:55 PM
Xazor couldn't believe what he was doing. He had altered the pain sense and used it in another way....this time as an itch. She had forgotten to mention that type of thing and was amused that he had figured it out on his own. Smiling, she couldn't help but itch it....and it was getting quite annoying. Her concentration broke and she dropped the mind barrier as was his goal. Now he could plainly see the name of the book and even see the book itself within her mind.....

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:01:23 PM
"Meditations for the Soul" Wei said with a grin. "That's the book, Master Xazor."

Xazor Elessar
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:58:58 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled brightly.

"Very good Wei.....that's it!"

She exclaimed and promptly thought of something else to trick him with. After thinking a moment, she concluded. She created in her mind a 'mask' in which read the facts she was about to give to Wei. He would need to see past that 'mask' to tell what the truth was.

"I have been struggling with the realization of something lately. Wei.....Verse Dawnstrider is not my real father. I do not know who my real Father is and so we have severed all ties to each other, though we grew close and he was my Master. Marcus and Helenias Q'Dunn have adopted me......"

She said softly, covering up the fact that indeed Verse was her real Father....and Helenias was the one to adopt Xazor. Her ties to Marucs were extremely close, though she did not call him 'Father' he was like one to her. Smiling, she looked at Wei for a moment, wondering if he would decipher her lies from the truth.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:31:16 PM
"Wait a bit..." Something was not right. Wei entered Xazor's mind, and nothing about what she said seemed to stick out. But she would never just outright say something like that. Wei made her itch again to see if anything changed.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:44:02 PM
Xazor felt the annoying itch again and frustration set it. Her mind shield was beginning to weaken, but then she did something sneaky. Entering Wei's mind as she tried to block out the itch, she tapped his sensory glands and thus, created a terrible itch too. Soon he was unable to keep her scratching and now she regained control of her mind shield, reinforcing the facts she had just laid out in front of him.

"Sorry about that little outburst of information....I just had to get that off my chest while we're here....."

She lied again, this time not even appearing as though she was telling a fable at all. Smiling, she let the itch on Wei decrease as she braced herself for another of her own....

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:38:38 PM
Wei set his jaw. this was going to be harder than he thought. But maybe if he...

"Master Xazor, who did you say your real father was?" he asked her and then waited for her to answer. The minute he saw her begin to form the words on her lips, he'd make her itch. Being distracted during the telling of a lie made it hard to keep straight.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:53:24 PM
Xazor indeed opened up her mouth to speak.

"I don't kno......"

Suddenly an overwhelming itching sensation came over the Knight and she completely let down her guard to scratch the annoyance away, nearly forgetting that Wei had just pulled that trick.

"Hey!"

She said as she scratched uncontrollably.

"That's......nnnnnnnoot, fair!"

She cried through her itching ordeal. It was quite a sight and he would surly get some laughs from it.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2002, 03:03:57 PM
"Silly banana." Wei giggled. "Your dad is too Verse Dawnstrider." Wei could read her mind clearly now, and burst into a fit of laughter, breaking his concentration and making Xazor stop itching.

Xazor Elessar
Nov 20th, 2002, 05:46:52 PM
Xazor couldn't contain her laughter as the itching stopped and Wei continued giggling.

"Guess you got me there....you're getting this almost naturally, ya know?"

She laughed once again, thinking of how great his itching tricks would work on others. Boy would they be shocked.....

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2002, 07:06:40 PM
Wei smiled. "Thanks, Master Xazor. Like Grandpa told me, if I just let it come to me and don't try too hard at it, everything usually turns out pretty well."

Xazor Elessar
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:50:12 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"Is that all you needed.....or would you like to keep going with this and try more?"

She questioned, wondering if he would like to try this on his own now or continue with her longer....

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:05:53 PM
"No ma'am, I think I got it. If I have any other questions, I'll find you, though. Thank you for your help."