PDA

View Full Version : here this weekend the stupidist trade ever made in the history of football comes back

sirdizzy
Nov 1st, 2002, 05:56:20 PM
to haunt the freaking morons who traded him

we all know that new england traded a probowl franchise player (hell he is even in the running for league mvp this year) for 1 first round draft pick not even in the current draft year but in 2003

so now ya have traded away a player got nothing for it this year improved the team so when you do get your 1 draft pick it is much lower

and then here they come bledsoe all fired up having his best season since 1996 when he led the pats to the superbowl has a chance to and most likely will the ruin the pats post season hopes

when i heard the pats traded bledsoe for such a shitty deal thats when it dawned on me they were a fluke, no good team would make the most idiotic blunder ever in the history of football

where was cincinnatti, washington (spurrier would cut his own arm off for a real Qb), dallas,

why wouldn't the pats call up the bungles and say we know ya need a Qb we got one here cheap as hell all it will cost ya is your 1st round pick in this draft, the bungles may be idiots but they would have to be complete morons to pass up that deal

so on that note go Bledsoe show us what idiots the pats are knock the stupid bastards out of playoff contention hehe

JMK
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:01:24 PM
I don't like either team, but I do hope that Bledsoe gives them a whippin!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:07:03 PM
I think you are confused about the running back because there is no way that Martin will win MVP this year. Holmes now is a running back who might but it was Baltimore who messed up there.

sirdizzy
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:15:02 PM
i wasn't talking about martin (who was traded to the jets 3 years ago by the pats) i was talking about Drew Bledsoe who right now is in serious contention for league mvp

and every single team messed up on holmes all 31 teams (he went undrafted)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:24:51 PM
I am sorry I thought you meant the running back they traded, I just misunderstood what you said. I think Bledsoe is a canidate, Holmes is too, if he keeps it up he will have over 30 touchdowns (rushing and recieving) which would be a record, of course the Chiefs will have to make the playoffs I guess for him to do it.

JMK
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:59:38 PM
I think that 30 TD's total is good enough to win the MVP whether you make the playoffs or not. If you're head and shoulders the standout player of the year (which Holmes would be if he reached 30) then he should get it even if the Chiefs don't make it in. Like A-Rod, there's no way he shouldn't have won MVP even though the Rangers were basically eliminated from contention like, April 5th or something.

Figrin D'an
Nov 1st, 2002, 07:38:01 PM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
where was cincinnatti, washington (spurrier would cut his own arm off for a real Qb), dallas,

why wouldn't the pats call up the bungles and say we know ya need a Qb we got one here cheap as hell all it will cost ya is your 1st round pick in this draft, the bungles may be idiots but they would have to be complete morons to pass up that deal

The Pats DID contact a lot of teams about Bledsoe. That wasn't the problem. Simply put, nobody wanted him. No one wanted to absorb the rest of his contract, and no one was willing to give up anything significant to get him. The only team that put together any offer with higher than a single second round draft pick was Buffalo. As much as people will say that it was stupid to trade Bledsoe (and I guarentee that very few Pats fans thought it was a dumb move after Brady lead them to a Super Bowl victory), and as much as people now complain that getting only one first round pick for him was a rip-off (again, not many people were complaining this past spring when the deal happened), New England did the only thing it could. Think about what the other scenarios would be:

1) The Pats keep Bledsoe as a backup to Tom Brady for the '02 season. It worked last year when Bledsoe was injured and Brady had to play, then earned the starting job away from Bledsoe. This year, with both QB's healthy, there would be major team chemistry issues. Drew was quiet and a team-player last year... to do so again would be very tough on him, knowing that he could be starting elsewhere in the league. On top of that, they'd have the most expensive backup QB in the league.

2) The Pats keep Bledsoe, and he earns his starting job back for the '02 season. This would be a disaster. The moment the team starts to struggle, even if Bledsoe plays well, the fans would be screaming for Brady, the Super Bowl MVP, to be put in. Belechik would not have been so stupid to allow this to happen.

3) The Pats cut Bledsoe. They get nothing for him, he signs with another team (probably Buffalo), and we're back to the current situation, except the Pats are out a first round draft pick in '03.

New England had, essentially, no choice. They couldn't keep Bledsoe, and to get nothing for him would be almost as bad. The only good offer comes from the Bills, a division rival. What do you do? Say no because its the Bills?

Hindsight is 20-20 in this situation, and there are a lot of sour grapes by Pats fans because suddenly, New England looks like a basement dweller, and Buffalo is starting to hit their stride for a potential playoff run. We can say it was a dumb move by the Pats now, with half the season in the books and the teams headed in opposite directions. 6 months ago, though, it seemed pretty equitable.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 1st, 2002, 09:36:47 PM
I actually think the Holmes thing was worst because Baltimore got nothing for Holmes and wasted there first round pick on an injury riddled Running Back.

sirdizzy
Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:44:13 AM
i thought it was a stupid deal even before he has been rejuvenated in buffalo this year (i think a lot of his success this year is due to the new venue and feeling he was short changed by the pats making him want to play better)

honestly if your the bugles or washington or dallas ya have say he is still fairly young, hes got talent, hes a proven veteran (i still don't see how people didn't see his worth after he came off the bench in the AFC championship game and led em to victory, the pats don't even make the super bowl without bledsoe), and we need a Qb why not take a chance

yea i know he had a big contract weighing him down in the deal but still bufallo took a chance with him and they may turn around a 3-13 season last year to a wild card or even divisional spot in the playoffs

as for holmes, KC would have made the playoffs had it not been for the new divisions that will allow somebody from the south and north to make the post season instead of just 1 team had they remained the central division

but if KC's defense starts to play like they did last week, watch out every single team in the league they could win all 8 of their games to finish 12-4

hell i think if they even get a subpar performance from their defense they can go 6-2, that offense is explonsive and dangerous just like the rams when vermeil was in charge there (and just like the rams they have no defense to go with it)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:22:49 PM
They sure have a winable schedule, just have to see how there defense does. One thing they could get in a wild card right now the AFC west could easily send three teams, the North and South will only send one (the only team that could challenge for the playoffs is Cleveland and I am not sure about them) then there is the AFC East, you got Buffalo and maybe New England (if they can turn it around). In the AFC West San Diego and Denver should make the playoffs, baring a collapse. Oakland I am not sure about they seem to be getting old fast. So KC has a shot then.

Taylor Millard
Nov 4th, 2002, 02:01:03 AM
I still say the Bledsoe trade wasn't a bad trade at all. They got a first rounder out of him, and Buffalo did need a QB.

Dallas wants to stay young and build a QB, like they did with Troy Aikman.

Cincy...I won't say anything.

Washington...IMHO, Spurrier wants to make it the U of FL, so I doubt he'da taken Bledsoe.

Hopefully this win by the Pats will turn them around, I still think they can repeat if they keep doing what they're doing.

As for Bledsoe, he's working real well with Buffalo...they'll be a playoff team this year.

Jedieb
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:47:29 AM
I was STUNNED that the Bills came out so flat for that game. I was sure Bledsoe and Co. were going to trash the Pats and end their season, but NE lives.

As for the trade, Dallas should have done whatever it took to have gotten Bledsoe. Yeah, they've got money issues, but the real reason for Dallas not making a play for Bledsoe is Jerry Jones' ego. He thought he'd made a "brilliant" decision in taking Quincy Carter with a second round pick. He thought he had a diamond in the rough. What he had was a QB that no team would have shown any interest in until the 4th or 5th round. He'll be out of the league soon enough. With Bledsoe and the current crop of Dallas receivers the Cowboys would be in contention for the NFC East title. Stupid Jones....

I would say a candidate for stupidest trade ever would have to be the Dallas & Minnesota trade for Hershel Walker. Thank you Vikings! That trade helped Jimmy Johnson build his Cowboys dynasty.

JMK
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:18:34 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Quincy Carter in the CFL within the next couple seasons! :lol

Taylor Millard
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:25:54 PM
Quincy Carter's done in Dallas. I think Chad Hutchinson's the QB of the future.

Once they fix that injured Offensive Line.

jjwr
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:39:27 PM
Wow, how did I miss this thread earlier........first off let me say I'm most likely the biggest Bledsoe fan on this board. I've been a Pats fan all of my football loving life and Bledsoe has been my favorite player since he was first drafted in 1993, so don't get me wrong, he's still my favorite and I watch the Bills games to see how well he does.

Now onto the rest

we all know that new england traded a probowl franchise player (hell he is even in the running for league mvp this year) for 1 first round draft pick not even in the current draft year but in 2003

Franchise player? Possibly, but not for New England. The teams are far too different and Bledsoe needed the change of scenery.

when i heard the pats traded bledsoe for such a shitty deal thats when it dawned on me they were a fluke, no good team would make the most idiotic blunder ever in the history of football

The Pats are a fluke because they traded Bledsoe? Brady led them to the Superbowl. Your last line looks like something Jonathon would say while bashing something he knows nothing about.

Bledsoe is a classic drop back passer, he needs time to throw and recievers to throw it to. The line of Patriots hasn't been good enough to give him the time he needed to throw the ball. Put very simply the personel the Patriots have wasn't suited to Bledsoe's play style. He tried the first few games and had decent games but the Pats lost.

Where indeed. No one wanted Bledsoe. He was seriously declining his past few years in New England. He was taking a constant beating from a lack of a line or a running back and it was taking his toll. He got nervous in the pocket and would start to seriously force things, he needed the Change of scenery, if you had him in the Patriots roster this year he wouldn't be having the kind of year he is.

The Bills have better recievers than the Patriots do, that is one big part of his success. The Patriots can't match Price & Moulds, simply put the Bills have better offensive personell and it has really helped Bledsoe as it plays to his strength.

so on that note go Bledsoe show us what idiots the pats are knock the stupid bastards out of playoff contention hehe

Belechik has always done well against Bledsoe and it showed again on Sunday. I think it was 2000, Bledsoe and the Pats started off hot. 6-2 in the first half and they were running rampant. He had 2,400 yards through the first 8 games. Sounds familiar? The Pats had a bye and came back against the Jets, Belechiks defense tore Bledsoe apart and laid down the blueprint for the rest of the teams against Bledsoe and they finished the season 2-6 and Drew threw for only 1400 yards in the last 8 games.

Bledsoe had to be traded, there wasn't room for both on the team and the team wasn't built to Drew's strengths. Brady was the better QB for the team the way it is now. It still pains me to admit that as I like Drew better but its true. If the Pats had kept Drew it would have tore the team apart.

The team did Drew a favor and traded him, him and Kraft had a great relationship and the team did him a favor and traded him, he even had some say in where he could go. He didn't want to play for the Bengals so discussions weren't held. The team did right by Drew and by itself.

Drew is one of the classiest guys in the NFL and I think he'll be a Hall of Fame QB before he's done. I really wanna see him win a Superbowl on his own.

Ok time for bed now :)

jjwr
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:40:14 PM
Oh, and Curtis Martin wasn't traded to the Jets. He was a Restricted Free Agent and the Jets signed him and the Pats couldn't match it. They had a particular clause in the contract that was put in specificlaly to stop the Pats from matching it and it worked.

sirdizzy
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:05:09 AM
well the pats proved they got life left in them and which chicago next week they could get a 2 game winnign streak going

i am just glad miami and san diego lost since i am a denver fan and

jjwr
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:54:28 PM
Ah Denver, big game against Oakland next week, I think your catching Oakland at the right time and should be able to take care of them. As far as the Pats are concerned I'd like to get as many different potential Wild Card teams removed as possible, so go Bronco's! :)

BUFFJEDI
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:22:35 PM
I would say a candidate for stupidest trade ever would have to be the Dallas & Minnesota trade for Hershel Walker. Thank you Vikings! That trade helped Jimmy Johnson build his Cowboys dynasty.

That so is True EB(s)

I'm glad it did happen, but even at such a young age I knew something was just not right about that. I really think jerry jones paid the owner a HUGE sum of money that was never talked about to get a deal like that. Hey I really liked walker and he COULD have been one of the best ever . But that trade was just stupid. what 16 players for 2???