PDA

View Full Version : Player Killing on Group Boards

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2002, 12:38:04 PM
There is a discussion in OOC about this, but in the end, its your boards, your policy. First off, does your Group have a separate FAQ from the rest of swfans? If so, where is it? Are you making one?

Secondly, do you have the "post at your own risk" rule, or not? And why.

NOW...go! :D *waits for responses*

Nupraptor
Nov 1st, 2002, 01:17:54 PM
There is a discussion in OOC about this, but in the end, its your boards, your policyWhile this is largely true about most things, that's not 100% correct. If a group said "We're going to allow our members to infiltrate locked forums", that is something that's not allowed at SWFans, and is a bannable offense. The only real rules at SWFans are "Do not kill, do no maim, do not infiltrate and do not god-mode". Up until this discussion was brought up, I was under the impression that all of the groups associated with SWFans abided by these same rules. The groups may be seperate boards, but they still RP in this Universe. What's done there affects the rest of the Universe, as well.

Don't make claims when we haven't decided our official stance on it yet.

ReaperFett
Nov 1st, 2002, 02:38:30 PM
Erm Nup, she was making a general comment, that was pretty obvious. It IS your board your policy, but Infitrating would affect SWF, hence get you a ban.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 1st, 2002, 02:53:16 PM
I do not really like the direction the debate in OOC seems to be taking. I am beginning to get the feeling that some may just want these separate rules to count board wide so that they can have a license to kill player characters without permission.

No it hasn’t been abused in the past, but also it wasn’t widely known (I was one that didn’t know), which this debate in OOC is now doing, making it widely known. It really is starting to smell to me like opening an opportunity for abuse. One that could make our jobs (Staff of the SWFans RP forums) much more difficult.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:19:01 PM
Yes I agree with swfans, the discussion is making this policy (of TSO's) more open, and now people may lure posters to TSO just so they can kill them.

I wanted to open this up to discussion with TSO's moderators, so we can come to a solution. I meant "your board, your policy" because its not up to everyone in OOC to figure out and tell TSO what to do. They are mature adults (we hope!) and I think that RP staff and group mods can privately also discuss this in a saner fashion.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 1st, 2002, 07:57:36 PM
I was very surprised to read TSO had a allowed kill policy - it really was my impression all SWFans affiliated groups ran the three basic rules.

It is my opinion that all groups at the very least hold those rules to stop what Mr SWFans hinted at. I was here when PK was allowed and it sucked.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2002, 08:17:03 PM
Then TSO needs to change, or at least amend its policy? To what, I dunno. It would help if they would post here. Charley I know you're online all the time, where are you?

Xazor Elessar
Nov 1st, 2002, 08:19:05 PM
I too was under that impression, Mark. It's disappointing to know that not everyone is playing by the same rules. I don't want to RP at TSO now for fear that my character will be overtaken and killed or something. It would be a shame and I'd be pissed because of how hard I've worked on making Xazor a success.

I think that everyone should follow the same pattern and not kill/maim unless given permission by the person who plays that character. Otherwise, it just isn't fair and I can see a possibility for a good deal of dissension among the groups then....and that would be a sad thing. :(

TheHolo.Net
Nov 1st, 2002, 08:20:42 PM
Here is what I am considering adding to that thread in OOC as the official stance of SWFans.Net staff.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
After discussing this with other staff members and reading over the points in this thread, I think it best to stick to the SWFans.Net Forum rules as they read.
b) Maiming and Killing - this is related to God Moding. You are not allowed to ever kill or permenantly maim (cut off body parts) another character without their permission. Many roleplayers have spent a lot of time developing their characters and don't appreciate their character being killed or losing an arm by another roleplayer.This does not mean that killing and or maiming cannot occur at group boards if it is allowed in their rules. What it does mean, is that such maiming or killing that may take place at group boards would not apply to the whole of SWFans.Net RP forums unless it was with the permission of the player affected.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 1st, 2002, 08:27:21 PM
I 100% agree.

Nupraptor
Nov 1st, 2002, 10:34:06 PM
Agreed. While the group boards may be their's to run, what happens there does affect the rest of the SWFans Universe.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 1st, 2002, 11:27:04 PM
A few more comments of approval from the staff and I will go ahead and post it in the thread in OOC.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2002, 11:35:11 PM
Makes sense, I'm agreeable.

Figrin D'an
Nov 1st, 2002, 11:36:08 PM
That seems very reasonable, and fair, to me.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:47:06 PM
I agree as well

Sanis Prent
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:27:29 AM
:thumbup

Morgan Evanar
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:05:36 AM
It makes no sense to allow pking in the first place.

Taylor Millard
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:54:57 PM
I agree with what SWF wrote.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 4th, 2002, 01:52:03 PM
Good thing, because he already posted it. ;)

ReaperFett
Nov 4th, 2002, 03:00:21 PM
NOOOOO!!!! DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Es ist sehr gut mein herr

(I think:))

Lady Vader
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:25:38 AM
OK, I know this is somewhat old, and most likely taken care of, (and I'm starting to think I should check this forum more often *bangs head on a wall*)...

Anyways, I just wanted to say a few words...

In all honesty, I wasn't fully aware (I really did forget) about said "allow killing" rule at TSO. It was only when Hollie mentioned it that got me thinking back to that time. And of course, I had to say what she said was true, because, well, it was, and the rules haven't been changed in eons.

And, to tell ya the truth, after the thread in OOC and Hollie's post reminded me, I really didn't like that rule at TSO. To me, it just seems somewhat counter-productive. And until that thread was brought up in OOC, NO ONE at TSO even knew or remembered about that rule (most ppl having left the group since that time... I think the only originals that remained were myself, LW, Dyzm, and Charley... and from what I could tell, none of them really remembered or knew of that rule.)

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, I for one am abolishing that rule from TSO (yeah, maybe that sounds a bit dictatorshippy, but even I wouldn't want to post there with a rule like that). I don't want ppl afraid to post there (hence the counter-productive statement). And if any sort of drastic steps in a RP WERE to be taken, all would be discussed with the person/ppl involved, and if they didn't like it, then so be it. It's their character and their lives, and who am I or any of TSO to play God.

Aaaaaanyways, I just wanted to throw in my thoughts about this whole thing, even though it's been resolved and yadda yadda.

:)

Master Yoghurt
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:41:31 AM
Thank you Lady Vader, that was IMO a good move :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:04:20 AM
^_^; when you almost lose a character to that rule, you tend to remember, I guess. ;)

Lady Vader
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:38:12 PM
:)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:36:08 PM
Yes, Lady Vader, I recognize that smug smile. ;)

AmazonBabe
Nov 12th, 2002, 12:18:43 AM
What about this one?

:D