PDA

View Full Version : A different kind of Solitaire

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:44:41 AM
Jackson was off work for once...but he still spent his time in the B&G. It was only natural. Somehow, he felt a little taller, a little better...in the company of such amazing people. Though now wasn't the time to sit and gawk. Even though he was off-duty, that didn't mean that Jackson wasn't working.

Ordering a beer, he sat alone at a table in the back, and pulled out a pack of cards from his jacket. With a little smile, he shuffled them up to his heart's content, and set the deck face-down, in front of him. As his beer arrived, Jackson took a deep breath, and closed his eyes...hand coming to rest on top of the cards. A finger tapped idly on the top of the deck, and Jackson's mind's eye strained to see through his eyelids, through the glossed paper.

"Jack of diamonds."

He flipped the card over, and opened his eyes. It was the eight of clubs. With a small frown, he took a sip from his beer. Well...you had to start somewhere....

Oriadin
Oct 31st, 2002, 12:29:26 PM
Oriadin had been watching Jackson quietly from the bar. Now he decided was a good time to pop over and say hello. He picked up his glass of ice water and made his way over to where the young man sat, with his deck of cards.

--Having fun there Jackson?--

He asked politely with a smile.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 31st, 2002, 12:35:45 PM
"I suppose so, Oriadin."

Jackson smiled as the padawan approached.

"I'm just playing my own little brand of solitaire I guess. I figure I'd better start small."

He smiled, closed his eyes, and flipped another card up. Opening his eyes, he sighed.

"Oh well. Its a start."

Oriadin
Oct 31st, 2002, 01:21:06 PM
Oriadin smiled. Jackson had a heart of gold and he just wouldnt give up. He couldnt help but worry that Jackson wasnt strong enough in the force to become a Jedi or if he infact wanted it for the right reasons but he couldnt help but like him and want to help him.

Oriadin took the card that Jackson flipped up and put it back on the deck. He shuffled it, placed it back down on the table and thought. He closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again.

--Three of spades--

He flipped over the top card and there indeed was the three of spades.

--May I take a seat?--

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 31st, 2002, 07:01:52 PM
"Sure...go right ahead"

Jackson gestured to the seat opposite, grateful of Oriadin's company. He smiled as the Jedi showed his prowess.

"I've read books...and they say that you've gotta stretch out with your feelings, and trust your instincts. But...its all so vague. I guess at that stage, an apple can be another person's orange."

Oriadin
Nov 1st, 2002, 05:21:45 AM
Oriadin smilled. Jackson wanted to be a Jedi so badly.

--Indeed thats true. You do have to stretch out with your feelings and trust your instincts. There are other things you have to learn first though.--

Oriadin thought for a moment. He didnt want to land into any trouble by seemingly giving Jackson some tips on becoming a Jedi. It hadnt even been determined if he was force sensative or not.

--When I try to perform a task like this, it is not enough to simply reach out and trust my instincts on what this card is. There are signs telling you what card is on top. Its knowing how to read those signs that gives you the answer. Knowing that te signs are actually there. Midichlorians, I assume you must have heard about them, will tell you. I have to quieten my mind so I can hear them talk to me.--

Oriadin hadnt given any instructions to Jackson and hadnt given him any false hope of becoming a Jedi by making that statement. He was simply explaining a bit more of how he worked.