PDA

View Full Version : Want to Learn Something New (OPEN)

Oriadin
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:14:20 AM
The new training facilities on Coruscant were very impressive. Maybe not as big as they were on the Jedi's previous home but they were newer and of much better quality, in Oriadins opinion. Different sections had been designated to different things being taught.

Oriadin had gotten up early and made his way to the 'Control' section of the Academy. He was looking through the doors to see if there was a knight he could interupt to see if they had time to show him a thing or two. Telepathy wasnt something Oriadin had really done before along with things such as Force heal. Oriadin also heard that it could be possible to make someone do something, or not see something by using something called a Jedi mind trick. He had heard it would only work on the weak of mind though but never the less, it could prove invaluable.

Would anyone be out and about at this time? Oriadin hoped so.

Sene Unty
Nov 1st, 2002, 11:10:23 AM
Sene had been walking the halls of the new faciltiy on Coruscant just familarizing himself with the layout. It was early sure, but now was as good a time as any....

As he walked down the hallway he spotted Oriadin looking into the Control section. Smiling he approached his fellow Jedi.

"Hey. Kinda early to be up and about. What are you up to?"

Oriadin
Nov 1st, 2002, 01:16:36 PM
Oriadin smiled as the familiar person approached.

--Ah, Sene. I guess it is a little early but, the early bird catches the worm.--

He spoke jokingly and let out a small chuckle.

--I guess im just checking the new facilites out and seeing who's about. Im actually looking to see if there is a knight or a Master about so they could teach me a thing or two.--

Sene Unty
Nov 1st, 2002, 01:32:36 PM
Sene smiled. Indeed the early bird did catch the worm.

"What do you want a Knight or Master to teach you exactly?"

Oriadin
Nov 4th, 2002, 03:17:34 AM
--Im not sure really. Something new. Id heard of abilities such as Force heal, mind trick telepathy, things like that really. They are things I havent really learnt yet.--

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:53:07 AM
OOC : Logs post for certain Jedi Warrior to look at tomorrow

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:28:24 AM
I poked my head through the door, hearing a familiar voice.

"Hello. What are you up to.... and who is this? I dont believe I have had the pleasure to greet your compaion Oriadin"

Oriadin
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:59:49 AM
Oriadin spotted his master poke her head round the door.

--Ah, Master Q'Dunn. This is Sene. A friend of mine here at the Jedi Order.--

Oriadin didnt bother to tell Sene who Helenias was. Her reputation was such that she needed no introduction.

--I was just telling sene that was looking around and seeing if there was someone about who could teach me something new.--

Sene Unty
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:56:59 AM
Sene smiled as he bowed in Master Q'Dunn's direction.

"Your reputation precedes you Master Q'Dunn, I did not expect you to know someone like me."

"Oriadin was just looking around and I saw him, so I thought I would come over and see what was up. To tell you the truth, I too want to learn something new."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:44:11 AM
I smiled, then bowed slightly to acknowledge Sene

"So, you want to learn somethign new? What is it you would like to know?"

Oriadin
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:34:07 AM
He thought back to what he had just said to Sene.

--Id heard of abilities such as Force heal, mind trick, telepathy, things like that really. They are things I havent really learnt yet. There are probably loads more but those are the ones I know about.--

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:57:33 AM
Good requests. I approved of them.

"Certainly. What would you prefer, Mind tricks or telepathy?"

Oriadin
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:09:11 AM
--Which do you think would be more usefull, master?--

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 13th, 2002, 02:26:40 AM
"Telepathy, for in reality, Mind Tricks are but a subset"

Can you hear this Oriadin? I mentally projected.

Oriadin
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:23:57 AM
Oriadin nodded. He had recieved words from people before but didnt know how to do it back. It was always a strange sensation. Like someone was putting thoughts into your head and saying, think about this.

OOC: Sene, you still here?

Sene Unty
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:55:28 AM
Sene watched Oriadin nod at Helenias. Apparently she was sending him a telepathic message, but Sene couldn't pick it up.

"I have actually never been that good at Telepathy....I too would like to learn this."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 21st, 2002, 01:06:55 AM
Do not speak to me in words Sene Unty - instead, make your thoughts known. Form them in the Force and direct them to me.

Even while I was telepathically speaking to Unty, I nodded to Oriadin. "Now, know you anything of replying in The Force?"

Oriadin
Nov 21st, 2002, 03:23:20 AM
Oriadin shook his head.

--Im afraid not Master. I have always been able to recieve messages through the force but I wouldnt know where to begin in replyin.--

Sene Unty
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:57:20 AM
Sene took the words that were spoken in his mind to heart. Nodding he closed his eyes and let the force envelope him in it's cool waters. With his eyes still shut, he allowed words to form into his mind. He let them sit there for a second, before he focused the force towards Helenias. It was difficult, and Sene could feel sweat begin to bead on his brow, but he did not stop. He let the words travel over the invisible distance and hopefully into her mind.

"I....s.......th.....i.......s.......ri.........ght .........?"

Sene knew the words were jumbled and maybe unintelligable, but he sent them never the less.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 24th, 2002, 05:16:41 AM
Sort of Padawan Unty. Your trying too hard. Speaking via the Force is only like thinking to yourself. When I speak like this, it is simply like that, except I will allow my mind to direct tmy thoughts. Think of this... your thiking to yourself, but but in your head. Your thinking two steps to the right. Does that sound illogical? Well, it is, but when you give the matter some thought, that is precisely what you do.

And for your Oraidin, it is the same for you. Just think to yourself, I will be able to hear. In fact, when you are unskilled, all Jedi can hear. The real control is to make sure your thoughts are readable or hearable to the person you want them to be. Your minds are resonably open to me - and of that little excursion to the bars of Coruscant with Padawan Haversh, we will speak of later.

So really, this is the easiest of skills to learn. What you will need to learn is control, to shield your mind.

Sene Unty
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:06:29 AM
Sene closed his eyes once again after listening to her words. It seemed as if it was more simple than he had thought. With his eyes still closed shut, he formed a few words in his head. He simply let himself think. He allowed Helenias to pick up the rest.

"How is this?" The words were easier now. He was confident that she had heard.....

Drake Lonerunner
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:30:06 PM
Drake entered the room

"Can someone teach me basic Jedi techniques??"

Oriadin
Nov 27th, 2002, 05:41:07 AM
Oriadin began to try and project his thoughts. He took a deep breath and focused.

"I am tieing to prdect my thots to eryone in the rom"

Was the message that got transmitted. He looked up at helenias to see if she had recieved it. Although Oriadin was just trying to say it to his Master, Sene also recived the message. As well as the new character that entered the room.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 27th, 2002, 06:06:44 AM
Relax Oriadin... dont try so hard. Be natural. And yes I did indeed hear. Keep talking to me mentally

"Good day to you" I said audibly to the newcomer. "Might I ask whom you are....?"

Oriadin
Nov 27th, 2002, 06:16:57 AM
Oriadin nodded and tried to relax somewhat. Then he tried again.

"I am tryeing to prject my thouts to evryone in the room"

Again, the message was transmitted to everyone in the room.

Drake Lonerunner
Nov 27th, 2002, 04:48:37 PM
Drake nodded his head

"I am Drake Lonerunner and i seek training but not a master.....yet"

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:58:17 AM
"Dont seek a master....?"

What an odd statement.

"But it is beginnings where it is more important to have a Master! How else will it be that you will have your stengths assessed and your weakness made known, then something done to make your strengths moreso and to train up your weaknesses, so that they too become strengths"

Relax more Oriadin. Just relax some more

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2002, 05:14:32 AM
Oriadin also thought the strangers statements were slightly odd. It broke his concentration for a second before he shook his head and got back to work.

"I am trying to project my thoughts to everyone in the room"

Drake Lonerunner
Nov 28th, 2002, 06:24:35 PM
"I have a master in mind but he hasn't been knighted yet, but wile i wait for him i would like to learn something"

Sene Unty
Dec 4th, 2002, 09:08:50 AM
Sene held back the laugh that threatened to emerge itself from his throat. He was really trying not to laugh at the giberish that Oriadin was sending out to everyone, but it just sounded so funny to him. Finally Oriadin got it right and Sene smiled. It was perfect and Sene was happy for him.

The new comer startled Sene back into reality. He apparently had no master but still wanted to learn something. Sene nodded a hello at the man before closing his eyes. He would let Helenias talk to him while he practiced the new technique....

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 12th, 2002, 04:41:20 PM
Drake sat down, cleared his mind and began to meditate. He thought of nothing but the force.

Oriadin
Dec 16th, 2002, 03:51:47 AM
Oriadin smiled after he had finally got it right. He sensed that Sene found it funny so Oriadin glanced over at him and gave a bit of a goofy looking smile. He could see the funny side of the gibberish he'd been coming out with.

He focused his attentions again. This time he just wanted he project his words to Helenias.

"Helenias, are ou etting dis?"

He sent out. Unfortunatly, once again it went out to everyone in the room.