PDA

View Full Version : Light Saber Parts

Oriadin
Oct 31st, 2002, 04:16:24 AM
Ok, I have been asked to start constructing my lightsaber and I want to make the thread as realistic as possible. I wasnt given any parts so where would a Jedi go to get the right bits? I really have no idea.

Thanks in advance!

ReaperFett
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:55:50 AM
I, Jedi is the best help you can get. £5.99, available in all good bookstores, and some bad ones too :)

I'll search for more info.

Maximas
Oct 31st, 2002, 06:22:18 AM
:lol

Oriadin
Oct 31st, 2002, 07:12:51 AM
Cheers Fett.

Hart
Oct 31st, 2002, 09:21:35 AM
Ah, don't bother with it. Just do this:

*I collect the parts and lay them around me. With the assistance of my holocron, I begin, reaching for the first part.....

*One week later.*

.... the final peice clicked into place.... Now to go drink at the bar.*

Leeloo Mina
Oct 31st, 2002, 09:23:43 AM
:lol Hart

There you go, good idea!

No need to describe anything :lol

Oriadin
Oct 31st, 2002, 09:38:23 AM
Couldnt do that. Id like to go into it as it makes it more real, and more interesting. Besides, the building I can do. The getting the parts is the hard part!

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 31st, 2002, 12:44:03 PM
Basically, you need to have a power unit, a lens/focusing unit, a crystal, a case, and something to turn it on and off with. Some people have more than one crystal, but that is personal prefrence. Lightsabers can also have other bits, such as a belt loop/hook, a recharging socket, and an external focusing switch.

Here's how they work, or as much as I have been able to gather. Power from the power unit is stored in the conduit, then when turned on, is forced through a superconductor, then through the cells. The blade is not actually a straight line that stops, but actually a very controled pair of arcs that form a tight loop, which makes them unable to be broken by, say, another lightsaber.

Also note that lightsaber construction is not a purely mechanical thing... you must also use the force to bind your components together, and it can take up to a month or more to complete the process. Hope this helps!

Hart
Oct 31st, 2002, 08:18:51 PM
sure... if you want to be a GOOD roleplayer...

hey Ryla :)

Oriadin
Nov 1st, 2002, 03:21:17 AM
Ok thanks Ryla, but where do I get the parts?

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:07:25 AM
Mail order. Page 33-34, right before the industrial hair dryers. *duh*

;)

I suppose we could organize a shopping trip sometime.

Shabu-Shabu
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:51:46 AM
Don't you get the crystals on some special planet?

*has been reading SW info site*

I was looking for Kryat (or however it's spelt) Dragon info, and found out about this planet that the Jedis find the crystals on.....I forget the name tho!

Leeloo Mina
Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:33:42 PM
Yeah, I think she's right.. you can only get the crystals from a certian planet.

But of course.. with all these Jedi running around, they might have a light saber parts wholesaler :p

Kyle Krogen
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:40:08 PM
Well I got all my parts and crystals from my master ans i build it in likw two hours

hehe I guess im just better then all you haha

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:54:24 AM
**It's crazy eddie's lightsaber bargain bin!**

But seriously... it takes about a month to build one for a first-timer. Yes, I'd assume there is a store on coruscant that sells general parts for weapons, lightssaber included. Add that to the fact that, if you ask nicely, I'm sure someone will give you their spare/unused parts.