PDA

View Full Version : Like A Rose...(Lilya Goldberry Training I)

Xazor Elessar
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:27:32 PM
Xazor sat atop a large boulder in the middle of the Training Room. Her legs were crossed over one another like a Pretzel and her hands rested upon her knees, palms facing up toward the ceiling. She breathed in deeply and exhaled several times as she cleared her mind and felt the Force flow through her body. Though her eyes were closed, she could still 'see' all things around her and feel her surroundings. One thing in particular she was waiting for was her new Padawan, Lilya. The girl was sweet and mild mannered, and eager to learn the ways of the Light. This day would commence her training...and so Xazor awaited her student.

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:59:40 PM
Lilya walked silently into the training room, her hood pulled over her head. She smiled at her teacher and bowed as she reached her.
"Lady Dawnstrider."
Her teacher still radiated light, Lilya could feel it, almost see it. The young woman lowered her hood, ringlets falling down her back, and she pushed her hair behind her ears out of habit.
"I'm here for my training."

Xazor Elessar
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:01:07 PM
Xazor grinned to herself, though she did not open up her eyes. She had not taken a student in a long time and was anxious to get back into training once again.

"Greetings Lilya....I am glad that you have arrived. Now, sit down here....."

She said softly and with her eyes shut, she pointed to a place on the floor in front of her.

"Now tell me of yourself. I wish to know your name in full, your age, your homeplanet, and what you think the Force is."

With those questions asked, she nodded and then opened her eyes, feeling refreshed and ready to begin her lessons.

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 9th, 2002, 04:58:05 PM
Lilya sat down in front of her teacher, kneeling with her hands folded on her lap. Her face was serious as she answered Xazors' questions.
" My name is Lilya Aemilia Goldberry, I am 19 years old and I come from a planet which has no name..." She frowned." And I don't know what to tell you of The Force, since I have only just found out about it."

Xazor Elessar
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:47:56 PM
Xazor nodded gently and smiled upon her Padawan.

"Well, there are two sides of the Force...the Light Side and the Dark Side. We are Jedi and we are of the Light. The Sith and Dark Jedi are of the darkness. Our goal in this Galaxy is to protect those who cannot protect themselves and to help all we can...even the Dark Ones. They feed off of emotions such as hate, malice, greed, and lust. We are of love, joy, peace, and patience. We know self-control and we have indomitable spirits. Do you understand so far or do you have any questions before I continue?"

She questioned curiously, wondering if Lilya would be able to grasp that information so quickly. Though it seemed like a lot...it was quite minute in the whole picture.

Lilya Goldberry
Nov 20th, 2002, 09:36:17 AM
Lilya nodded. What Xazor had said made perfect sense to her, since she was taught that there was Light and Dark in the world. She smiled softly as Xazor explained all that the Jedi were.
"I understand..."

Xazor Elessar
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:55:37 PM
Xazor smiled and took in another breath before continuing on.

"The Sith manipulate the Sith for evil purpose....they believe that they are the Master to the Force and they bend the Force to do their will to gain power. Indeed, this power is gained quickly but it does not last and it ruins those who use it. On the otherhand, the Jedi are simbians to the Force...we are both its Master and also the Learner. We call upon the Force to help us in defense of freedom and all that is good. That is why the Dark siders kill and the Jedi do not. Killing is a mark upon one's soul...a transgression to the Force."

She said softly, thinking of how she did not particularly agree with that, but her student had to be taught that lesson anyway. The Knight's other duties could not come before true Jedi training. Sighing, she continued...

"The Force flows through everything....you, me, the rocks, the trees, the birds and the grass. It is what binds and holds together all galaxies...universe's and life itself. Midichlorians live inside of our cells and they are also simbians with us, telling us the will of the Force. Without them, life itself would cease to exist and we would know nothing of the Force. Do you understand?"

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:02:09 PM
Again she nodded, still looking to Xazor, waiting for her to tell her more.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:46:06 PM
"Now, you know what the Force is.....I want you to really experience it. I want you to know it. Close your eyes and relax, then reach out with your senses and feel for a deep flowing, continuous river. You must silence your mind and be completely still to hear it calling to you. Once you do, grap onto it and hold tightly with your mind. That, Lilya, is the Force. Now, feel it."

She smiled and closed her eyes, then fell into the Force immediatly, knowing it was quite easy for her to tap into this river, but with each of her students it was differernt. She waited to sense her Padawan through the Force for the first time.....

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:11:47 PM
Lilya shut her eyes tight, letting herself relax, reaching out. She could feel...something. Very faintly, but she kept reaching. Lilya concentrated solely on this "river" of the Force, untill she finally felt it. A small smile crossed her lips, and she held onto this feeling. It was...strange, new, very different from anything she had experienced before.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 14th, 2002, 01:55:53 PM
Xazor felt her Padawan touch the Force for the very first time. It brought a grin to the Knight's face as she gently reached out with her mind and connected with Lilya.

Now, speak with your mind, using this river to carry your words. This is called telepathy and is a good form of speech used by Force users. Go on, try it.....

The Knight's words were soothing and furthered the bond that Lilya had on the Force.

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 14th, 2002, 09:15:57 PM
Her hands clenched slightly, she concentrated. Trying to send a message to Xazor, she wasn't sure exactly how.

Can...you hear me? Her voice flowed softly into Xazors' mind, and Lilya's smile widened. I think I've got it..

Xazor Elessar
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:52:37 PM
Xazor smiled as Lilya's words touched her mind. Though quite faint like a whisper, the Knight had great confidence that her Padawan would be able to strengthen her mind's voice with time.

Very good! I can hear you perfectly well! Now, the question is, is can you at least send one more message to confirm that conversation is possible for you through the Force? If so, we shall move onto more challenging things.

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 28th, 2002, 12:28:47 AM
Alright, can you still hear me?"

She laughed out loud, then stiffled it with a hand. She didn't want to break her concentration, but she was so surprised, and happy with what she had just done.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:43:30 AM
Xazor nearly laughed, but to save Lilya from breaking her concentration, the Knight held it in.

Yes! Very good! Now to move on, stay connected to this river, but open your eyes and look at the rock I am going to be holdilng in my hand right in front of you, okay?

With that, Xazor took a rock in the palm of her right hand and placed it before Lilya....waiting.

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:25:02 AM
Lilya slowly opened one eye, then the other. She could still feel the link with the "river". She stared hard at the rock in Xazors' hand. It began to tremble, only a little. Her smile started to fade, as the rock started to move. It rose only a few centimeters, but that was enough to scare her. She jumped back a bit, nearly severing her link with the Force.
"The rock is moving! But how? Rocks can not move!" She whispered softly, eyes moving to Xazors' face. The rock fell back into her masters palm. "Mani marte?"

Xazor Elessar
Dec 30th, 2002, 05:41:06 PM
Xazor nearly jumped for joy when her student began lifting the rock from the palm of her hand. Grinning still, she tried to answer her Padawan's questions.

"Young one....the rock can do whatever you wish it to. You just used the Force in a method called Telekenisis. By manipulating the Force around the rock, you allowed yourself to calm your mind and call the rock up off my hand. This is a great step you have taken. Now, focus on it once again and call it to you....that's all you need to do. Don't worry if you don't get it the first time...you're still learning."

With a nod, the Knight let her Padawan continue this lesson.

Lilya Goldberry
Dec 31st, 2002, 09:19:41 AM
Lilya raised a single brow in disbelief, but settled back down, closing her eyes for a moment. She breathed in deep, opening her eyes and concentrating on the rock. It sat in Xazors palm, not moving, for a long while. Lilya's lips turned down into a tiny frown, but she kept concentrating -- the rock quivered, slightly, starting to lift.....then fell. She sighed heavily and started over.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 31st, 2002, 01:04:32 PM
Xazor smiled to herself as she watched how hard her Padawan was concentrating.

"Try again....you'll get it! Just concentrate the deep river around the rock and let it lift it for you. Just tell it what to do. Fill yourself with joyful thoughts and do it!"

With a nod, she allowed her Padawan to continue these first delicate steps.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:01:04 PM
She nodded, focusing all her energy on the tiny rock. The rock again rose, slowly. It hung in the air, floating up and down, before starting on a shaky path towards Lilya.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 6th, 2003, 05:29:59 PM
Xazor watched on as the young Padawan called the rock to her and it began moving to her hand. She grinned and nodded.

That's it.....now just extend your hand and command the rock to meet it!

She spoke softly in Lilya's mind, hoping not to completely throw off her concentration.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:50:24 PM
She held up her hand and watched as the rock continued slowly, unsteadily towards her, before dropping into her palm. She laughed out loud, clutching the rock to her.

"That was......incredible! I can't believe it......!" Her voice spoke into Xazors mind, with-out Lilya even realising it. She blushed a deep red. "I am sorry, I shouldn't do that, it's rude of me."
She laughed again, holding her hand out to try to move the stone again.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:29:41 PM
"That was great!"

The Knight clapped for her student with approval shinging in her eyes. She looked to another rock and picked it up in her hand, then set it before Lilya.

"Now, try it with two stones -- make them orbit around one another if you can. Stretch yourself and have confidence -- you can do it!"

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:49:39 PM
Lilya concentrated hard on the rock that sat in her palm. Slowly it raised into the air, and then she concentrated on moving it to the other rock. It stopped, floating wobbly above the other stone. Her focus turned to the new stone, and it began to tremble....

Xazor Elessar
Jan 31st, 2003, 06:44:05 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled gently, prodding her student along.

"Yes -- that's it -- just keep your focus completely on these things. This will help you multi-task other Force powers later. Keep in mind that they only need to circle on another and not by a great distance or speed. This all takes time."

She spoke softly and calmly as to not break her Padawan's concentration.

ooc: Sorry it's taken me so long, I've been swamped. :(

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:14:46 PM
ooc. no worries, not in a posting mood lately anyways :)

Lilya nodded, and the stone on the ground trembled, lifting. It floated above the other, and started a slow orbit around it.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:34:33 PM
Xazor watched and smiled gently, then clapping was heard as she applauded her student's efforts.

"Good young one! Now what I want you to do is a bit more challenging but you have the basics. Lift a rock with your mind and throw it up into the air. Don't worry about where it lands though -- I've had plenty a rock fall upon my head."

She laughed to herself before giving the go ahead to her student.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:56:37 PM
She laughed, and the rocks went flying. One upwards and the other down. The higher of the two went up several feets, before landing and skittering to a stop at Xazors feet.

"Oopsy." Lilya blushed a little, laughing softly.