PDA

View Full Version : I can still see to shoot, I think! (Dasquian)

Chance
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:26:48 PM
Chance sat out in the clear jungles on Arcan IV, where some of the Jedi Order’s facilities remained after the move to Coruscant. Personally, Chance dislike being in the new environment, but that wasn’t his problem at all.

He had learned somewhat on how to use a sword, the particular tool being bound in a leather sheath on the hard boulder that Chance sat on. The gleaming hilt glittered out when the ‘sun’s’ rays could reach through the dense canopy.

Earlier, Chance had sent a note to the Jedi Knight, Dasquian Belargic, and requested of his presence in the area Chance sat in. The Blind Knight wanted to learn how to properly use a compound, long, or short (in any order) bow in situations where a lightsaber or blaster were of no use..

Quietly, Chance rested in the monotone black and white brushstroked world which he saw…

Aevenon Cloak
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:52:59 AM
ACK Delete me :|

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:54:07 AM
The walk through the forest land had been a long one, but finally he’d found what he sought. Across the clearing from where he stood, pushing back into thicker tree’s, the Blind Jedi Chance sat. Dasquian regarded him for a moment before speaking up.

“Good day, Chance.”

Belargic gave a curt bow, and then looked back up with a smile.

“You wished to see me?”

Chance
Oct 31st, 2002, 02:54:48 PM
Chance perked up as Dasquian spoke, turning his head in the Knight's direction with a smile.

"Good day to you as well," He replied to the greeting, bowing slightly as he could sitting, "And yes, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind instructing myself on the use of one of those?--" He pointed a finger at three types of bows..

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:49:42 AM
Belargic glanced down to the array of weaponry and nodded. A long bow, something he was adept in from birth virtually and could wield to the highest of accuracy. A compound bow, something he favoured less yet could probably handle if needed, and finally the short bow, his least preferred of the three. Naturally, he lifted the long bow to inspect it, and traced a finger over the wood and then twine.

“Certainly, Chance.”

He had no bow or quills on his person, so simply held the long bow out to Chance. Once he had it, he glanced about a bit surveying the area.

“How much experience do you have already with a long bow?”

Chance
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:43:52 AM
Before responding, Chance slid his fingers up and down the bow's (http://www.martinarchery.com/bows2002/bowpics/trad/vision.jpg) length.

"I've drawn one twice, but I've never actually shot at anything.." He then responded looking up at the Knight who seemed to be searching for the quivers, "I bet I'm missing something?"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:40:41 AM
“Ah, so fairly inexperienced.”

Glancing down at Chance, puzzled for a moment, he then realised what his second statement had been in reference too.

“Oh yes…shots. I’m afraid I’m not carrying any arrows with me at this time.”

Chance
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:27:44 AM
"Oh frell," Chance groaned, slapping his forehead, "I knew I'd forget someting!"

Musing for a moment, Chance thought about how to remidy this problem..

"Think it would be effective to make a few arrows?"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:53:09 AM
“I suppose you could try,” Dasquian said, then adding, “It’d be a chance to try out some precision work with your saber, if you don’t have a knife or dagger at hand.”

Chance
Nov 4th, 2002, 04:22:12 PM
"I do have a knife on me, but it's not sharp enough to do much good," Chance replied, standing and loping down to the soil below.

Calling Solidis, the longsword, to his hand Chance gave a quick strech before looking to Dasquian, "Lets begin, I suppose."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:41:03 AM
With a glance about he sighted suitable tree – it was small and had a thin trunk, and looked as though it was still in its infancy. It could be replaced and re-grow quickly and thus seemed a good choice. Both moved to stand by it, and Chance began to carve carefully away at the bark, whilst Dasquian held the long bow, testing out the aim.

Chance
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:52:32 PM
Chance sliced the trunk of the sapling with one swift strike, then he sat on his haunches with the sword at his feet. Unclipping the blue etched saber given to him by Xazor, Chance flipped the switch and began to sear away the bark as the blade hummed.

Glancing every few moments as Dasquian let the bow twine snap from a experimental pull, Chance continued working delicately on the arrow shafts...

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:59:07 AM
Looking down to Chance, he watched as the Knight effectively skinned thin pieces of wood. After a short while it looked like he had a few makeshift arrows and Dasquian nodded for him to stop. He took all the shots but one and handed Chance the longbow.

“Alright, slip in the bolt. We’ll try some posturing and short range targeting first.”

There were tree’s at intervals of 20 or so feet from where they stood, and Dasquian imagined these would made good targets.

Chance
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:42:13 PM
Doing has told, Chance knocked the arrow and held it agains the twine with the fletching held firmly between his first two fingers with the thumb pressing down slightly over his index...

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:47:29 AM
“Alright, good carriage. Now, try a test shot. Don’t mind where it hits, I just want to see your basic aim.”

Chance
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:18:56 PM
Nodding, Chance lifted the bow and drew the string back. Closing an eye, Chance took aim torwards one of the trees and let the twine loose. The bolt popped from the bow and off to the left, bouncing across the ground...