PDA

View Full Version : Luke on the Dark side info......

Mockadane
Oct 30th, 2002, 03:34:22 AM
What was the name of the book or books that the resurected Emporer had Luke as his right hand man??

Jedieb
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:42:08 AM
The comic was called Dark Empire.

Hart
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:23:05 PM
I need to read that too. I think I saw it once on a bookstore shelf, but I didn't have time to read it.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:46:51 PM
No, you dont need to read it. It's not good. Not IMO anyway

Hart
Nov 1st, 2002, 12:15:07 AM
Well, I've basically given up on EU anyway. So I probably won't. Not until they bring back Chewie and have a storyline where they kill off Stackpole. We'll see how HE likes it.

Jedieb
Nov 1st, 2002, 10:20:10 AM
You guys are pretty harse on Stackpole. Not that he's my favorite EU writer, but it wasn't his fault Chewie died. It's not any EU author's call on whether major characters live or die. Sadly, it's mostly marketing.

Let's see, let's kill off a major character to stir up interest... who can we pick? We'll Chewie can't talk, and we don't spend much time writing dialogue in for him in the EU so let's kill him. Tell Stackpole to drop something heavy on him.

Let's see, the guys at Lucasfilm think it'll be too confusing to have 2 Anakins running around saving the day, so let's kill the EU one. But let's not drop something heavy on him, that would be redundant.

As for the DE comics, they'll looked great, but the storyline was rushed and it had to be tied up with the rather week 2 parter Empire's End (I think it was called). If you don't want to spend the $15 or so to buy the compilation then just read some of it the next time you go to Waldenbooks. You'll make up your mind pretty quick whether it's worth the money.

Nupraptor
Nov 1st, 2002, 10:24:59 AM
Luke looked really cool in that black armor, I thought. :)

Jedieb
Nov 1st, 2002, 10:28:51 AM
The action figure they made from the comic looked great also. It's one of my favorite Luke figures.

Sene Unty
Nov 1st, 2002, 10:35:40 AM
Sure Luke looked cool, but the Comic had no style whatsoever. The comic was complete trash. I didn't even bother to look for the 2nd and 3rd parts.....

Doc Milo
Nov 1st, 2002, 01:05:41 PM
Stackpole didn't even write the novel where Chewie died. RA Salvatore did (Vector Prime.)

Stackpole wrote the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron series.

IMO, it was good to have Chewie die. It brought a sense of danger to the EU and the NJO. You now can go into a novel not sure whether someone is going to live or die -- you don't expect everything to turn out well, where things are returned to their "normal state" by novel's end. And this is a good thing.

Hart
Nov 1st, 2002, 05:22:18 PM
oh. I only bought one NJO book and it was written by Stackpole. In that case, Salvatore must go. AND Stackpole, for the awful way he portrayed Luke in I, Jedi.

Tyreal Dalarsco
Nov 2nd, 2002, 09:57:40 PM
But he also did X-Wing!

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:49:44 PM
I have said it before, I will say it again. I only read EU books without the main charachters from the movies... or if they are a side charachter. I mean, Corran Horn is Stackpole's creation, and they screwing him over in NJO (Not really, just, Corran Horn is my Favoritist EU Charachter)