PDA

View Full Version : New here. Yep. *eyes shift*

Checkerboard Vexation
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:13:22 PM
Hellooooooooooooo! I'm hoping there are plenty of nutters here and from what i've seen, this promises to be very interesting...

MUWAHAHAHAHA *cough hack cough*....hahahah.

Yes, anyways, i'm not quite sure how to start out here and was hoping I could get a bit of advice as to where I should begin. o_O

Dae Jinn
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:20:24 PM
Decide how you want your character to be and be it. :lol Be Jedi. Be Sith. Bounty Hunter, whatever.
*gives him welcome to the board cookies* :D

Gurney Devries
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:22:54 PM
Well, that all depends on why you've come here. :) The two major sections are the Box Office Discussion, and the Roleplaying sections.

The Box Office forum is for talking about movies: What movies you've seen recently, how much money they've made so far, etc.

The Roleplaying sections are a bit more complicated. If you want to post a discussion, do so in the "OOC" (or, Out of Character) forum. Try having a look at the Roleplaying FAQ (http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52). Also, it helps to "lurk" - that is, to read some of the threads that are already posted and get an idea of what goes where before you post.

Welcome aboard.

Checkerboard Vexation
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:34:20 PM
Well thankies for the welcomes!

Yep I'm here for the roleplaying and was also wondering about the 'Rogue Jedi'

Are they considered on the Dark or Light side? What would be a general trained Jedi's view on a Rogue?

*stares at the board cookie, pulls out a wooden stick with a glove on it and points at the baked confection.*

COOKIE!!! *point point* Meet Mr. Slappy, the pointing stick. He points. Yeah.

Gurney Devries
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:52:11 PM
Rogue Jedi? I don't know of any. There are Dark Jedi, who believe in using the Dark Side of the Force to dish out their own twisted brand of justice.

There are also the Lost Jedi, but well... they're off in the middle of nowhere, doing their own thing.

James Plainsrender
Oct 30th, 2002, 07:28:19 AM
*dances*

I recruited someone!

Oh and just start posting somewhere and hope others show up Checky!

Oishii Sakana
Oct 30th, 2002, 10:12:31 AM
OK, Checkerboard. If you are going to be Rogue, you can choose to be lightside or darkside. If you are going to go Rogue and be A Jedi, then you would want to appear border line Lightside/Darkside in your RPs, I would think.

Leeloo Mina
Oct 30th, 2002, 06:18:44 PM
I just wanted to say hi.. Welcome to the board :)

Bit Severus
Nov 1st, 2002, 08:48:32 PM
hello checkerboard. (I know HER in real life.) the character is a boy but SHE is a GIRL. Just to clear things for ppl. I am also new. I got an account! YAY!!!:D
I'm sorry. I'm spontaneously nutter...
yeah.
(I do that too)
FUNNY->:x

Dae Jinn
Nov 1st, 2002, 09:04:21 PM
hahaha. I know someone you know then :mneh :crack

imported_Terran Starek
Nov 30th, 2002, 04:26:44 PM
Howdy and welcome! One thing about the Rogue Jedi--

The Jedi (I think) know there are rogue Jedi out there. I am assuming the definition of a rogue Jedi is one who practices the light side of the Force but is not affiliated with the Greater Jedi Order. If you are dark side, well then you are a dark Jedi. Basically, the Jedi are concerned with keeping the peace. So, for those that want to do their own thing, it's not really a problem. So long as they aren't darksiders. Then, the Jedi are concerned. Does that make any sense?

Example: A guy who is trained in the Jedi arts is named Bob. He was trained, for whatever reason, and he is not in the academy. He is a bounty hunter who uses the Force to track bounties and his lightsaber to 'detain' them. That would be a Rogue Jedi type that doesn't go into the darkside realm--he is not killing or maiming or causing chaos.

Also, the hard part you run into is how did he get his training and at what level is he. If you start a character out as some kind of all-powerful Jedi Master, you are gonna have serious problems with legitamacy. People will not like you for what is called 'god-moding,' or being invincible. Especially when your character has just been started. Also, the GJO may not recognize your power, because it is not legitamate.

Does that make any sense? :D

Silus Xilarian
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:03:54 PM
and if you happen across me.......run ;)

:p

Welcome to the boards :)

JMK
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:56:01 PM
Hope to see you in the Box Office forums sometime too.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:11:21 PM
No, if you see me , run. If you see Silus....point and laugh. He likes that.

:mischief

Silus Xilarian
Dec 2nd, 2002, 03:24:19 PM
*draws sabers* >D

Dae Jinn
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:06:25 PM
No, only point and laugh if you see Silus naked :mischief :lol

Ishan Shade
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:13:56 AM
*Steals one of Dae's "Welcome to the Board" cookies*

Mmmm....cookies.

JMK
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:03:13 PM
I want a cookie too!

Ishan Shade
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:12:38 PM
*Hoards cookies to himself*

mmm...

JMK
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:12:47 PM
You bastard!

:lol

Silus Xilarian
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:35:53 PM
*hands JMK a cookie*

I managed to swipe a few while he was distracted by Dae's avatar ;):)

Kaytor Surna
Feb 5th, 2003, 11:57:31 PM
Um right you guys are going to scare the poor peeps away.

*Walks up behind them and puts her arms over their shoulders.*

Welcome to the board

*Extends fangs and gets a boot to the head. Someone shouts out No Biteing. She sulks off into her corner.*

Mneh.

RogueLeader
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:12:57 AM
Hello all,
I'm new here too. My name is Jesse. I love Star Wars and have many other interests (see my profile). Hope to meet new people and lifelong friends here.