PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty of the Night (open)

SashaKovalev
Oct 29th, 2002, 06:38:08 PM
He loved late nights and early mornings. These were his favorite times of the day. There was something about the silence, and those he often found also awake at these times that was intriguing to him.

This evening, he wandered through the halls of the castle, marveling, still at the beauty of it. The ornate decorations, the fine hand carvings along the banisters of the stairs, the height of the windows.

He stopped to gaze out one of them. It was open slightly, and a soft breeze ruffled the curtains. He could feel the presence of another approaching, and a slight smile appeared on his features.

Oolana Taine
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:02:31 PM
Oolana loved the night, wandering the halls freely was something she had always snuck out of the slave quarters to do. Freedom, her self-won gift, was something thatwas taking some time to get used to.

As she was staring up, admiring the ceiling of the great halls, she felt a presence somewhere nearby. She kept walking, but advanced slower, not because she was shy, just cautious. She saw the man looking out the window and stopped.

SashaKovalev
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:59:59 PM
The knight turned to the woman who had approached. Her footsteps had been quicker, and then slowed, as if she did not wish to disturb him.

"I thought I was the only one awake to appreciate the beauty of tonight." He stated quietly.

Gently, he used the force to find her name. They had not met before, this, he knew.

"I dont believe we've met....Im' Sasha." He offered.

Oolana Taine
Nov 24th, 2002, 09:52:26 PM
"I'm Oolana. It's a pleasure to meet you Sasha." She sighed and gazed at the beauty outside the window.

"Night is the best time...quiet, gentle. I don't see how anyone could sleep now. They'd be missing so much."

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:57:33 AM
**A soft breeze ruffles Dyzm's robes as he sat cross-legged on one of the palace's high towers. The air about him crackling with the dark side energy. He often had ventured up to the towers to practice. Tonight was no different. He let his senses expand, allowing his awareness to cover the entire sith structure. He could feel the sleeping thoughts of some of the apprentices, the restlessness of the Dragon, and the predatory thoughts of the Panther and Wolf. Yet, his mind was drawn to other sith, who like him, ventured forth in the dead of night. Two of the minds he recongnized easily, Oolana, his current apprentice, and Sasha, a former apprentice before the lady Vader took him out of Dyzm's hands. Dyzm had no regrets, the Lady Vader could teach so much more to the young man then Dyzm himself could. With a deep breath, Dyzm pulls his thoughts back to his own body. Raising a hand, he summons the force. Black tendrails of Force Lighting spark to life and dance in his hands as the practice continues.**

SashaKovalev
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:21:38 AM
Briefly, after Oolana introduced herself, Sasha felt a familiar presence. It was there for only a moment, touching his mind without pain before it disappeared. He glanced back at the window, and high above, across the palace grounds atop the towers, force lighting could be seen rippling through the night. He smiled at this, thinking that he wold soon pay a visit to his former master. Dyzm was a talented force user, and though the young knight had Lady Vader as a mentor, he did not overlook the fact that there were others out there that could still teach him much about all that he had yet to learn.

He turned back to her and nodded in agreement.

“Early mornings are similar…” He offered.

“If you’ve never been down to the beaches of Coronet, you should go. If you get there just before dawn, no one is there, and its only you and the waves coming in from the sea.”

His cheeks might have flushed slightly in embarrassment. He did not share this with many, for the notion of peacefulness was not something the Sith code embraced. According to the code, there was no peace, only anger. Admittedly, he could not live with constant anger, and was sure that if he did, he would destroy himself. So sometimes, as he did tonight, and early mornings, he sought a moment of peace to restore and clear his mind.

“Have you been with the order long?” He asked quickly after, changing the subject in an effort to conceal the side of himself he had just revealed to her.

Oolana Taine
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:28:12 AM
Oolana also felt a faint familiar presence, but her talents were not that focused yet so she ignored it and listened to Sasha's words.

“If you’ve never been down to the beaches of Coronet, you should go. If you get there just before dawn, no one is there, and its only you and the waves coming in from the sea.”

"I'll have to go there someday." She smiled "I find the water very enjoyable, very calming." Oolana stopped there not wanting to go further on the subject because she could tell something about it bothered him. She had just joined and knew the gist of the Order's principles and standards, but not the full idea of them.

“Have you been with the order long?” He asked.

"Not really. I am new to the order and I've just started training under Lord Dyzm."

SashaKovalev
Nov 25th, 2002, 10:54:34 AM
Something in his violet eyes lit up at the mention of Dyzm being her master.

“You’ll learn a lot from him.” He stated, remembering very well one training session in particular. Dyzm had taught him to use pain to fuel his strength in the force, had taught him to use the force to shove things, to destroy things – these first lessons were the basics of force use, and Sasha had used them often since then.

“He used to be my master…” He added, as if to add something to his previous statement.

“Have you met many of the others here, yet?” He asked. He had been so busy working with his apprentices, that he had not had much time lately to wander about and meet the newer members. But he remembered well what it had been like when he had been a newly arrived apprentice. He had been somewhat lonely, and had been glad when he’d finally met others like himself.

Oolana Taine
Nov 25th, 2002, 01:13:45 PM
"No I haven't really met many people yet. Only some other apprentices that I met in a training session lead by Gouyen." She smiled as she remembered tormenting the little furballs mind's. "It was rather amusing."

SashaKovalev
Nov 25th, 2002, 02:07:30 PM
At the mention of Gouyen, a broad grin settled over his normally serious features. He was very close to her – so close that she was like a sister to him, despite the fact that they shared no blood in common.

“Well if you’re ever looking for company, my room is at the end of the third floor hallway. And when Im around, my door is almost always open.” He replied, letting her know that if she needed a friend, or just someone to help with something, he was easy to find.

And then, as if he remembered something rather important, his expression sobered slightly.

“You were given warning not to walk in the gardens at night, werent you?” He asked.

Though Shenraun could be friendly to visitors, it was best that she not take the chance. Not at first.

Oolana Taine
Nov 25th, 2002, 02:32:06 PM
"Thank you, maybe I'll come by sometime." Oolana smiled, so far she hadn't met anyone that wasn't willing to help her fit in.

“You were given warning not to walk in the gardens at night, werent you?” He asked.

"No....why is that a problem?" she wondered. She hadn't been in the gardens yet and was considering checking them out later tonight.

SashaKovalev
Nov 25th, 2002, 02:43:25 PM
No....why is that a problem?

Sasha shrugged.

“Well, Shenraun lives there. He’s a dragon, and the gardens are…well at night they are his and his alone. Occasionally he’ll permit visitors, but you would be wise not to offend him in any way….” He explained.

He smiled slightly, picking up on her thoughts that she had planned to walk in the gardens later that night.

“If you’d like, I can walk there with you.” He suggested. Shenraun had befriended him, and allowed him to walk in the gardens. The dragon understood the restlessness of the young knight, and permitted him to find peace in the evening air of the gardens.

Oolana Taine
Nov 25th, 2002, 09:44:09 PM
"Yes, that'd be wonderful."

"A real dragon?" she thought, "How beautiful." Exotic creatures have always intrigued Oolana, and connecting with them through the force had always been a favorite skill of her's.

SashaKovalev
Nov 26th, 2002, 09:40:34 AM
He nodded, as if accepting that she wanted to go, and then he motioned for her to follow. From where they were, they had only to head down the wide, spiral marble stairs down a few floors to the main level. From there it was only a short walk down a stone path to the gardens.

“Have you seen the gardens during the day?” He asked as he pushed open the gate. He could have used the force, and sometimes did, but for the most part, there were some things he just preferred to do manually.

Oolana Taine
Nov 26th, 2002, 10:28:02 AM
"I've only glimpsed through them during my free time, but I prefer seeing things through the darkness. It takes away the complexities of the images and makes things beautiful through their simplicities. At night everything has the same shades, and only those with true beauty stand out through their basic design."

Oolana paused were she was and just took in the sights around her.

"On Ryloth it was always to dangerous to go above ground at nite. But when I was sold, I had the oportunity to see many beautiful gardens. The first being my masters, in his main residence on Nar Shadda." She stopped there, those memories were still fresh and painful and she did not wish to focus on them.

Changing the subject she asked, "So where is this dragon usually found?"

SashaKovalev
Nov 26th, 2002, 12:49:32 PM
He understood, in the few sentences she spoke about how her life had been before she had joined the order. More than this, he noticed how quickly she changed the subject, and so he did not pursue it. If she chose to speak of it, he would prefer she did so on her own wishes.

His violet eyes flickered to her not in pity or contempt, but in, perhaps, compassion. This was brief, and then he answered her question, changing, as she had, the subject of discussion.

“As these are his gardens, I don’t go in search of him.” Sasha answered.

“If Shenraun wants to be seen, he will make his presence known.” He added. He had felt the presence of Shenraun often when he walked in the gardens at night. Sometimes the mighty dragon would come to him, and other nights, would leave him to himself.

“Have you met a dragon before?” He asked as they continued to walk, the bushes and flowers around them growing thicker and thicker.

Oolana Taine
Dec 1st, 2002, 04:58:20 PM
"The only thing close to it that I've seen are the ones on Tattooine. I think they were called krayt dragons." Oolana replied.

SashaKovalev
Dec 1st, 2002, 05:26:26 PM
Sasha nodded.

"Id never met one before Shenraun." He replied easily as they walked.

"Do you have an interest in dragons...?" He asked, thinking that if she did, and they did not see Shenraun this evening, perhaps he would seek him out another time to tell him of this one.

Oolana Taine
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:04:47 PM
"Any exotic animals have always been special to me." Oolana smiled, she thought it was funny that she loved the beauty and life of nature almost as much as the darkness that flowed through her.

"Being able to 'talk' to them, connect with them through the force along with their beauty is just wonderful."

SashaKovalev
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:25:55 PM
For Sasha, a lot of creatures had been exotic. Until he had joined the order and had a chance to travel, he hadnt seen much of the galaxy. Hed been limited to what he found in books, and to him, it just wasn’t the same thing as seeing it for real.

His violet eyes stared ahead as they walked. The garden had a life of its own, flowing with the pull of the darkside, and surrounded on all sides by living creatures, big and small that called the garden home.

E breathed this in. Whenever, it seemed, he was confused or unsure of something, the garden was the one place he could go, besides the lake or the ocean, where he could find steady ground once again. Where things became clear to him.

As he walked with Oolana, breathing in the dark side, he did not doubt the reason for dedicating himself to the order. Slowly, the serious expression on his face faded, if only slightly.

“Have you traveled much?” He asked. She had mentioned Ryloth and Nar Shadda earlier in conversation, and had changed the subject rather quickly. He wasn’t sure if asking this would bother her or not, but as she was his sister in the order, he wanted to know more of her.

Oolana Taine
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:06:39 PM
"I did accompany my master on many trips because I was a favorite of his. He took me along to show off to his associates like I was some prized pet. Tattooine, Coruscant, the Hapan worlds, all very beautiful.... and unforgettable. " She glared at the memories. They hurt but it was easier to tell then to contain them.

"He tried to make me more then a pet, his concubine, but that didn't work out as planned because I fought back." Oolana smiled, "On top of wanting my freedom, the anger of trying to be used like that helped me to feel the power inside which I used to kill him and escape."

That was her story, plain as that. There were many others like her who could easily do the same, yet they remained as slaves. She did not understand their reasoning, but she also did not feel sorry for them. She had changed her future and if they didn't want to there was no reason for sorrow because their enslavement was there choice.

Her past had been hard but it allowed and prepared her for her current position of Sith apprentice and she was not sorry for it. She was proud to be treated as an equal among the Sith and walking in the gardens with one of her many new brothers was a precious experience.

SashaKovalev
Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:10:06 PM
He had not known her story until now. Though he’d had no reason not to respect her before, this story did perhaps serve to garner more respect.

“I hope the order can help you realize the potential within you.” He replied, the tone in his voice carrying perhaps a hint more of warmth than it had before.

They continued to walk in silence for a bit longer, and then finally, he turned to her.

“Did you ever know your family?” He asked. It was personal, he knew, and if she didn’t want to answer it, he figured that she would tell him so. But he was a kid who, until recently, had not known his, and so he felt, in some way, that he was ok in asking. It wasn’t anything he wouldn’t have answered about himself.

Oolana Taine
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:28:49 PM
Oolana stopped for a moment and looked down, "I never met my mother and my father only used me to make some extra credits."

She felt comfortable there in the gardens, and she knew the memories wouldn't go away so why not let them out. And so she decided to look back to her days on Ryloth.

"My mother was a Twi'lek concubine, and when she became pregnant with her master's baby, the clan shunned her. Her master found it a disgrace as well and once I was born he had her killed. He only let me live because I could give him some profit. Twi'lek human mixes are looked down on by Twi'leks, but they're seen as "exotic" to others."

"He paid my mother's clan to look after me and teach me to be a dancing girl, but they never showed me any love because I was different. Later when I was old enough and ready to sell, they collected their profits and sent me away. I haven't seen any of them since."

SashaKovalev
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:31:04 PM
As Oolana stopped for a moment and looked down, Sasha, too, stopped. Violet eyes flickered with sympathy, perhaps.

“Im sorry…” He replied. Not for what had happened to her, for there was nothing he could do about it, and he understood, though she didn’t say it, that she didn’t need sympathy. He was sorry, instead, because he knew she was uncomfortable speaking of it.

As a knight, he could easily feel her discomfort.

“I hope youre not offended that I asked such a personal question…” He added.

Oolana Taine
Dec 4th, 2002, 10:38:50 PM
"No, not at all." Oolana responded. Then said quietly, "It is hard to talk about, but no one's ever cared to ask before. Since you were the first, I figured I must."

She paused and added, "Plus it is alot harder to keep inside then to let out."

SashaKovalev
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:43:30 AM
His head might have canted slightly at the fact that he was the first who had ever cared to ask. For a moment, he was almost disappointed in himself for having had enough heart to do such a thing. But he quickly reconciled this. He was a Sith who just happened to have the ability to care about others – others with the same goals that he had.

“I guess I do the same thing..” He stated in thought.

“Keep it all inside…” He added to clarify.

He shrugged.

“I suppose maybe it all gets easier in time. Time seems to be the answer to most everything, it seems…” He added, a wry expression in his voice. His eyes might have flickered with amusement, for he was an impatient kid, and waiting for time to pass was not an easy thing for him to do.

“So what else is there to know about you…?”

Oolana Taine
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:24:18 AM
Oolana caught something in his eyes that made his statement seem ironic. Patience was a hard learned quality of hers, but it allowed her to earn her freedom.

“So what else is there to know about you…?”

"That's probably about it. But one warning definitely is never try to enslave me. You'll end up dead." She laughed. "Being evil is so much fun."

This night, this converstation helped her to realize everything she had found when she joined the Order. Her past was there but it did not seem to hurt so much any more and for once, when thinking of the past, her mood was incredibly lighter.

SashaKovalev
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:58:13 AM
That's probably about it. But one warning definitely is never try to enslave me. You'll end up dead. Being evil is so much fun.

He had laughed with her at this.

“I’ll keep that in mind, for sure…” He replied easily. Enslaving women wasn’t exactly his thing.

“So do you have a favorite planet or city that you’ve visited?” He asked as they began walking again, the mood around them light once again.

Softly around them the creatures of the evening moved and communicated. The moon shone down upon them, illuminating the path that they walked.

Oolana Taine
Dec 5th, 2002, 10:30:15 PM
"I'd have to say the Hapan worlds. Unlike the others, it was not mainly city oriented, it has retained its natural beauty. Tattooine is to desolate and dry, and Coruscant is nothing but buildings. The ancient buildings and landscapes really set them ahead of the others."

"What about you?" Oolana asked,"Have you been anywhere interesting?"

SashaKovalev
Dec 6th, 2002, 08:47:11 AM
I'd have to say the Hapan worlds. Unlike the others, it was not mainly city oriented, it has retained its natural beauty. Tattooine is to desolate and dry, and Coruscant is nothing but buildings. The ancient buildings and landscapes really set them ahead of the others. What about you? Have you been anywhere interesting?

He considered her words on the Hapan worlds. He had never been to them – at least…not that he knew of.

“Well, I come from one of the planets on the outer rim, and I hadnt ever traveled before I joined the order, so pretty much everywhere I visit is interesting to me. I recently went to Bespin with Malice….”

He quickly corrected himself.

“Master Draclau.” Malice did not like for Sasha to call him by anything but Malice when they spoke, but when speaking of him to others, he felt he should be more formal.

“I didn’t care much for the city in itself, but I did admire the concept of a floating city.”

He reflected again on her comment about the Hapan worlds.

“So you prefer the lesser settled planets….?” He questioned.

Oolana Taine
Dec 6th, 2002, 01:59:24 PM
"Kind of. Places that focus on natural ways seem more instinctive and more carnal, technology can add to it, but many places have go too far. "

"Take Kashyyyk for example, a completely natural world made of forests. There society lives in the tree tops and the actual planet surface has been left untouched and is actually very dangerous, even to a full grown wookiee."

SashaKovalev
Dec 6th, 2002, 03:10:22 PM
He considered this and nodded I acceptance at her words.

“I agree with that, I suppose. There is something very carnal about a place where only the strong, intelligent, or fit survive. And this, certainly, is alluring.”

“But I go back and forth on which I like better. At times, I love the city. I love how every city has its own feel. I love the undercurrents. Theres always action, always an adventure to be found if you want it.”

He shrugged, his thoughts going briefly to his trip to Naboo with Feliciana.

“But theres also something about peace and quiet. Sometimes its nice to get away from the strain of everyone’s thoughts, and force signatures. Its nice to get away where theres little around to cloud your visions through the force…”

His voice sounded faintly wistful. He loved being a Sith, but it wasn’t always as wonderful as everyone thought it was. Sometimes it was nice to get away from it. Sometimes, it was necessary to refocus.

“But I suppose you don’t quite have that feeling just yet….” He commented, referring to the fact that she was just beginning her exposure to the dark side and all that it had to offer.

Oolana Taine
Dec 7th, 2002, 06:55:09 PM
"Yes, everything seems so new and wonderful now, compared to what I'm used to. But I understand that things can get old after awhile." Oolana said.

So far she loved her training, her freedom, everything about the Order just seemed so new, and wonderful.

SashaKovalev
Dec 8th, 2002, 11:56:37 AM
Sasha nodded as they continued to walk.

His first few weeks at the order had been intimidating for him. He hadnt been fully aware of the darkness that existed. And he had learned quickly - Mu Satach had been sure of that lesson.

But he had come from much different circumstances than Oolana had.

"So how did you decide to come here to Corellia to join the order?" He asked.

He smiled slightly.

"I mean, of all the options in the galaxy, why join the Order?"

Oolana Taine
Dec 8th, 2002, 05:01:09 PM
"That last trip, when I gained my freedom, was actually here on this planet. I knew I had potential with the darkside, I had felt it when I killed him, and the Order seemed like the perfect place. Here I've found refuge, teaching, even a family. It was one of the best decisions I've made."

SashaKovalev
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:21:55 AM
He nodded.

"I hope you still feel that way after your training really begins..." He commented, knowing how frustrating, and at times, painful, training could be.

Some did not realize what they had gotten themselves into until it was too late.

"What is it you wish to do with the skills you will learn?" He asked, glancing behind him, an eyebrow raised for a moment as he reached out through the force. And then he looked back to her.

Oolana Taine
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:31:33 PM
Oolana noticed his actions, but decided to respond to his question rather than ask about them.

"I'm not really sure. Wreck havoc, kill things, you know the usual darkside tendencies." She paused, and really considered his question.

"Seriously, I don't think I've thought about it. I guess I don't know what my options here are."

SashaKovalev
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:43:52 PM
He shrugged.

"Your options are virtually limitless. Beyond training, it is your responsibility to find something that suits you. Some choose to train only, and then wander the galaxy wreaking havoc. Others..."

He began, thinking more along the lines of what he had chosen to do.

"Others need more than that and make a career for themselves. The order is more than just a place to learn the teachings of the Sith."

"Its up to you to decide what you want to do with your life. Can you be content just wandering?" He asked.

Oolana Taine
Dec 9th, 2002, 02:10:18 PM
"No, I don't think so. As appealing as wandering can be, I just think I need something more. I don't know exactly what it is yet, but I know it's out there."

"I may just stay here and pass on what I learn, letting others benefit from my past. Or try to recruit others that come from similar situations as I did." She shrugged her shoulders and let the many options for her future flow into her mind.

"It's so confusing yet so exciting at the same time." Oolana said not really to Sasha but more in response to the thoughts that filled her head.

SashaKovalev
Dec 9th, 2002, 02:31:11 PM
"Dont let it confuse you. For now there is only one thing you need to worry about, and that is your training."

He smiled faintly.

"Dyzm is a fair master, but you would be wise not to make too many mistakes. Do not be distracted in your studies with him. There is much he can teach you, and as you learn the ways of the Sith, you will perhaps also learn more about yourself, and what is it you desire out of your life."

He grinned, lightening the mood.

"Besides, you dont have to decide in one day." He added.

Oolana Taine
Dec 9th, 2002, 02:50:57 PM
"Yeah, yeah, I know." Oolana replied.

"Well, now that you know my reasons, what are yours? Why did you decide to join the Order?"

SashaKovalev
Dec 10th, 2002, 09:34:48 AM
He shrugged.

“It just seemed like a place where I’d fit in.” He replied quite simply.

“There was no overwhelming lust for blood, no desire to kill aimlessly….just….anger, and no acceptable outlet for it anywhere else.”

He was quiet for a moment. His answer was simple, but there was so much more to it. So much more that he shared with very few people.

“Its given me more than an outlet though. Its given me training I never knew existed, a family when I didn’t have one, a way to create a life for myself when I didn’t think that one really existed.”

“I consider myself fortunate to have been allowed beyond the gates surrounding the palace.” He added.

“What did you want to be when you grew up?” He asked.

“You know, when you were just a child?” It seemed to come from out of no where, and it did, perhaps. He had never grown up wanting to be a ‘sith’. But it was what he had become.

Oolana Taine
Dec 10th, 2002, 09:18:09 PM
Oolana thought for awhile before answering Sasha's question.

Laughing she said, "I think I actually wanted to be a dancer. It made me happy and used to be one of my favorite ways to play as a child."

"And having that as a favorite made those teaching me happy, because the quicker I learned the quicker I was no longer their resposibility."

SashaKovalev
Dec 13th, 2002, 11:13:10 AM
He smiled faintly at this and nodded.

“Do you think its something you’d still pursue?” He asked, thinking more in terms of a hobby than a career, perhaps, but it was her life, and she was free to do with it what she chose.

“I mean, is it something you still enjoy…”

Oolana Taine
Dec 16th, 2002, 11:58:09 AM
"In some ways yes. I don't think I'd ever be tired of dancing but also I see it more as an amusement then an occupation. Also many painful memories are connected to it. Those often are what hold me back." Oolana considered her words and smiled.

"It wouldn't hurt too much to pursue it and it'd keep me agile and in shape for combat. Hmm...I may have to look into that." She laughed, finding it funny that she actually was looking forward to doing what she had done for so many years during her enslavement.

SashaKovalev
Dec 16th, 2002, 12:38:01 PM
He smiled at her reaction and the fact that she did seem to be excited about something. It was interesting to him that most who seemed to join the order all had some sort of tragic tale of woe that followed them. It was like a shelter for those who needed it. A place where they could weather the storm and learn how to grow strong enough to create their own.

He grinned.

“You can teach it as a class here…give everyone a way to relieve stress or something…” His voice was gently teasing as he spoke.

Oolana Taine
Dec 16th, 2002, 11:30:21 PM
Oolana smiled, "I can see it now the SODC~Sith Order Dance Company. Ballet with bloodred lightsabers, could be interesting."

SashaKovalev
Dec 17th, 2002, 02:22:03 PM
He chuckled at this, but the thought, in all reality, horrified him. Ballet wasn’t exactly his thing. Not that he wasn’t for culture, or cultured events. He could sit through them if need be, and perhaps even find a way to appreciate them, but it wasn’t the first thing he would choose to do if given a good block of free time.

He was too impatient, too aggressive, and would have preferred to be doing something along those lines instead.

“You know…” He stated, “Entering the order doesn’t mean you have to give up the dreams you have of becoming whatever you wish to become. Being a Sith is a way of life, a way of thinking. Theres plenty who pursue something other than just training others…”

He said this only because he could see that the thought of dancing made her happy. And happy with their lives was what he felt everyone had a right to be.

Oolana Taine
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:52:47 PM
Happiness was a new found goal for Oolana. She had never really had a choice what to do, or even how to go about doing it. Freedom, decision making, was all new to her and as the possibilites grew with every passing moment, she found herself almost as a child again. Life was new to her and she had many things to relearn.

She looked up at the night sky and sighed. "Yes, I'm starting to realize that the possibilites are endless. Who knows what I'll end up doing, because there is so much I've never really had the pleasure to enjoy."

SashaKovalev
Dec 20th, 2002, 08:55:57 AM
I'm starting to realize that the possibilities are endless. Who knows what I'll end up doing, because there is so much I've never really had the pleasure to enjoy.

He nodded at this.

“I know what you mean…” He replied.

“I spent most of my life focused on taking care of my mother. It was only when I finally came here that I realized I could actually live my life for me, for once…” His violet eyes looked away for a moment, and then back to Oolana.

“Is there something you’ve always wanted to do, but never could?”

Oolana Taine
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:43:56 PM
"This is one of them." She looked at their surroundings. "I was always followed, watched, could never be left alone," she smirked, "they thought I would run away. Being able to walk around free, just enjoying the night is something I've always wanted."

"But something else I've always wanted to do was learn to fly a ship. Space travel was always calming, but I never got to get near the cockpit. I know it's kind of childish, but I'm just curious and would love to learn."

SashaKovalev
Dec 31st, 2002, 11:10:04 AM
Sasha grinned at her last wish. Flying. It had always been one of his dreams as well. He’d wanted to be a fighter pilot for as long as he could remember and as soon as he’d been given the chance, he’d learned how to fly.

Captain Parr of the High Roller had been the one to make it all possible, and the young knight felt indebted to him for having opened the doors to a whole new world.

And now he was in a position to do the same for someone else.

“Are you sure its what you want….?” He asked with a lazy grin.

“Because I can teach you…” He added.

Oolana Taine
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:36:23 PM
“Because I can teach you…”

Oolana turned and faced Sasha. Trying to verify that the words she had heard were true.

"Really? Teach me how to fly...You would do that?" Oolana was shocked, but also pleased by his offer.

SashaKovalev
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:02:50 AM
Sasha nodded, his grin growing a bit.

“Well, yeah, why wouldn’t I?” He asked, a slightly puzzled expression crossing his features. It was his belief that as a member of the order, he should do whatever he could to help another to learn and to grow stronger. In doing this, the order itself would become stronger.

And he remembered quite easily how badly he had always wanted to learn to fly.

“Maybe you could talk to Dyzm and get a few days away from the castle and training….” He suggested.

“The Saiatah has a few simulators in it and would probably be a better place to start than a real ship….”

He glanced up at the sky then, confused, for he had just felt what seemed to be a raindrop. As a few more fell and his thoughts were confirmed, he turned to Oolana.

“If he’s ok with it, we’ll take a couple days on a Saiatah cruise and then come back and try out one of the ships here….”

Oolana Taine
Jan 4th, 2003, 12:10:04 AM
"Alright, I will ask. He has given me an assignment, but I should have some freetime when that is finished." Oolana replied. Her training had been going well, and she was excited for her coming task.

She smiled as the rain fell upon her, it's cool touch felt good, but as the rain increased so did the chill.

SashaKovalev
Jan 6th, 2003, 11:11:54 AM
Alright, I will ask. He has given me an assignment, but I should have some freetime when that is finished.

He grinned and found that he was looking forward to the opportunity. Anything, really, to distract him from the heartache he had been feeling. It had made him listless at times, and angry and ornery the next. But distractions were good, and he was glad of this opportunity.

As the rain began to fall harder, he gave Oolana a slight shrug and and grin and glanced up at the sky, as if to say, of course it would rain.

He noticed her shiver slightly in the chill of it. The temperature had indeed dropped a few degrees, and snow, possibly would come, if only in flurries for a brief time.

“Maybe we should head back…” He suggested, though it was obvious from his tone that it wasn’t at all what he really wanted to do.

“So whats your assignment?” He asked as they began to retrace their steps through the garden.

Oolana Taine
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:38:03 PM
Oolana followed Sasha as he retraced there steps but could tell that he did not want to go in just yet. She spotted a dry area under a tree and headed that way.

"I'm supposed to go out and challenge a padawan, then Dyzm said he would come and teach me how to break whomever I capture. Sounds like an interesting assignment to me and I'm excited for it."

SashaKovalev
Jan 10th, 2003, 09:40:09 AM
He followed Oolana as she moved off of the path and came to rest beneath a large tree. Its full branches protected them from the rain and wind and it was a comfortable place to relax. A fallen branch provided a suitable seat,.

I'm supposed to go out and challenge a padawan, then Dyzm said he would come and teach me how to break whomever I capture. Sounds like an interesting assignment to me and I'm excited for it.

He chuckled.

“Yes, it does. So where do you plan to find this padawan…?” He asked her.

Oolana Taine
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:51:26 PM
"Well I was planning on an open challenge in one of the surrounding cities. Or maybe by threatening to harm an innocent to entice one to come and fight. Any suggestions of what may work best?"

Oolana knew that she could learn much from those more experienced in the Order and was not too proud to ask for advice, especially since it could only help her.

SashaKovalev
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:28:59 AM
He smiled.

“Those tactics will lure a jedi out, that’s for sure.” He was silent for a brief moment in thought.

“But if you’re looking to lure a padawan, your best bet might be to play the part of the one who needs help. Go to Coruscant, and wander the streets. Put yourself in a position where you’ll be attacked by someone off the streets and allow the padawan to come to your rescue. When they do, give them a sob story and get them to warm up to you. When you’ve gained their trust, they’ll let down their defenses, and you’ll find it easier to capture them.”

He shrugged, a shy grin on his face.

“I think its more fun to beat them physically and mentally.” He added in way of explanation for his more creative method of capturing a padawan.

Oolana Taine
Jan 14th, 2003, 07:36:00 PM
"Yes that defintely would be more satisfying." She smiled thinking of the possibilities.

"But I have a feeling that the coming mission that I've been hearing about may replace my assignment."

SashaKovalev
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:05:15 PM
He nodded.

“It might, though, practice never hurt anyone…” He grinned.

“Well..usually it doesn’t….” He added with a wink.

“So what have you heard about the upcoming mission…?” His head tilted slightly, and violet eyes gazed at her with curiosity. He’d heard rumors as well. It seemed that the halls couldn’t keep themselves from whispering secrets.

The planning involved the masters. He wanted to be involved, the begin to prove his worth to the otder, but knew that sometimes, some things were better left to those with experience.

Oolana Taine
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:49:16 PM
"Oh not much really. I've just heard that some big mission is in the works, so I've been keeping an ear out for any info on it."

This would be an important mission for her because if she passed she would be on her way to being a Sith knight and she was looking forward to the challenge and the promotion.

SashaKovalev
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:33:32 PM
He nodded.

“I’ve heard a few thigns here and there, too.” He admitted. He reached for his saber, playing for a moment with the hilt.

“Have you ever been part of a big mission like this one?” He asked her. He’d fought many battles in his short life, but none of them had been on as grand a scheme as he was being led to believe this mission would be.

He was excited about it – for he felt battle ready – but a part of him, like any young soldier going into war, couldn’t help but feel a small hint of anxiety.

Oolana Taine
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:26:09 PM
"I attempted one before Dyzm accepted me, but it ended weird and I never really figured out what happened. Hopefully this one will turn out much better."

Oolana was excited, but also a bit nervous. Her training so far had been short, and though she was happy with the control she had found, she was still a little unsure of herself.

SashaKovalev
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:05:11 AM
He nodded.

“Yeah…hopefully.” He replied, his thoughts on the mission and the possibilities it left open.

“Do you feel like you’re ready for this one…?” He asked.

Oolana Taine
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:18:10 PM
"I think so," Oolana replied a little hesitant. Then with a little more confidence she added with a smile, "Of course I'm ready, I'm a Sith."

SashaKovalev
Feb 4th, 2003, 03:04:51 PM
He chuckled.

"Thats the attitude, I suppose...." He replied.

He gazed out from under the shelter of the tree at the rain that had begun steadily to fall.

Involuntarily, he shivered. It was a mixture of things. Of the cold seeping in, but more from the emotions brought on by rain. Memories of rainy days inside with those who had long left the order, or his life completely.

He sighed softly.

"We should go inside..."

Oolana Taine
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:40:01 PM
Oolana heard his sigh and felt something behind it.

"Is something wrong?"

She could tell something was troubling Sasha and was nervous to ask, but he had already helped her so much. The least she could do was offer to help him with whatever seemed to be on his mind.

SashaKovalev
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:13:37 PM
He didn’t respond at first. He wasn’t one for telling just anyone the things that troubled him. But Oolana had managed to catch him at a vulnerable moment and drawn him out.

Slowly, he nodded.

“Sort of. I was just thinking of how much things have changed over the years that I’ve been here.” He replied.

“I thought I could just let go of the past, but I guess Ive got a sentimental side…” He admitted, glancing away, as if ashamed of admitting this. As if it were a weakness.

Oolana Taine
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:59:04 PM
She could easily how he felt about these thoughts, but did not see any real harm behind them.

"Looking to the past isn't harmful is it? Remembering good times in your life and enjoying them can't be all bad."

SashaKovalev
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:09:02 AM
"No, I dont suppose there's harm in remembering good times - but I dont think that as a Sith I should be overly sentimental." He replied, his voice hardening slightly.

Not because he was angry, but because he was forcing himself to uphold the ideals of the path he had chosen to follow. A sith did not waste his time being sentimental.

He shrugged and sighed.

"Im not very good with change...." He admitted, his expressioning softening once again and a small smile being allowed.