PDA

View Full Version : The First Day

James Prent
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:52:10 PM
James opened the doors to the Academy, feeling clean and freshly laundered. She was not wearing Jedi robes, but had managed to get to her apartment on Coruscant before the Blood Carver she rented from had auctioned off her belongings. She was wearing a jogging suit, not the best quality, but reasonable.

She stretched slowly, and then began to run down the hall. On Coruscant there weren't many places to run, and the halls of the Academy seemed ideal for her purposes. Without a master, but wanting to stay, James needed a way to pass the time.

She passed a few rooms full of tiny padawans with practice sabers, but didn't stop, turning a corner and falling into a steady pace.

James Prent
Oct 30th, 2002, 01:15:49 AM
She jogged up and around the entire floor of the Academy several times, and then found her way into the emergency stairwells. James ran in place as she opened the door, and then slipped into the stairwell with a careful look to either side.

She didnt' want to get into trouble, but nothing kept you in shape like running stairs. And there were an awful lot of them here. She jogged up, beginning to feel a light burn in her thighs.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:25:21 PM
Some guy came out of the doorway and was cleaned up by someone running the stairs at high speed. The datapad he had been reading flew away and hit a wall, breaking.

James Prent
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:26:04 PM
James dodged as a door opened before her, and brushed against the man's arm. She heard something break, and stopped quickly, turning back, to the man. "I'm so sorry! I didn't think anyone would be using these stairs...." Her voice trailed off apologetically.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 31st, 2002, 04:52:21 AM
He picked himself up, before looking at the pieces of the pad. Bending down to check the reader assmbly, he saw it was busted, but the datachip itself was untouched.

"Don't let it bother you.... I was off with the fairies reading and not paying attention. Readers are cheap, it's the datachip that means something..." Pulling the chip out of the reader, he lifted it for view. "Letter from my wife. I believe we have met? James Prent, correct?"

James Prent
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:29:12 AM
She was flushed from her exercise, and nodded, "Yes, we met at th' Bar and Grill, last night." James ran a hand through her short hair, and grinned, "Didn't mean to be taking the stairs like gangbusters, but I used to be a long distance runner in my schoo days. Don't like to let that get rusty, y'know?"

James shifted weight from one leg to the other, and added, "Still, sorry about the padd."

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:26:19 PM
"Oh, dont worry about the data pad, they are easy to get. It's the chip I would be unhappy if it were damaged. We're so far apart in our normal days, it's hard to talk and ... well, I gues you might understand. So, your clearly interested in this Jedi stuff, are you?"

James Prent
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:30:41 PM
She shuffled her feet on the step she was perched on, and sighed. "I just wanted to know what was wrong with me. And now that I know...I'm a little scared, I guess. Y'know? Its a big world that's opened up to me, but I want to do my part."

James rolled her eyes and grinned, "I guess I gotta beat down my fear and give into the calmness of the Force, eh?"