PDA

View Full Version : What five films do you most look forward to in the next 14 months and 3 days?

ReaperFett
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:15:08 PM
Thats until the end of 2003, thus making Marcus' top two obvious ;)

Mine, in this order:

5. X-Men 2
4. Hulk
3. Kill Bill
2. Once Upon a Time in Mexico
1. Daredevil

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:18:09 PM
5. ST Nemesis
4. Matrix/es
3. RotK
2. TTT
1. X-men 2

Wik Tayl Doon
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:45:17 PM
5. Star Trek Nemesis
4. X-men two.
3. The Hulk
2. TTT & ROTK
1. Matrix 2 & 3

There about four or five more.

JonathanLB
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:48:10 PM
Not really sure...

At least the two LOTR films, of course, and The Matrix films. I suppose X-Men 2...

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:58:00 PM
TTT
ROTK
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions

Darth Viscera
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:58:04 PM
1. Return of the King
2. The Two Towers
3. Matrix Reloaded
4. Matrix Revolutions
5. Star Trek Nemesis

Nupraptor
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:11:49 PM
I'm not really going to make a top 5 list. But in addition to the LOTR / Matrix movies, I'm also sort of looking forward to the Harry Potter movies. I rather liked the first one.

Levi Argon
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:15:09 PM
The Two Towers
Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
X2
Star Trek: Nemesis

BUFFJEDI
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:50:18 PM
Could careless until 2005 , maybe X-2. Other than that knitting socks will be more entertaining:x ;)

ReaperFett
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:51:33 PM
pfft :)

Taylor Millard
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:00:10 PM
In any order (I'm lazy I know):

Kill Bill
X2
Star Trek: Nemesis
The Two Towers
DD

BUFFJEDI
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:04:20 PM
pfft :lol :lol

Figrin D'an
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:04:28 PM
Speaking of the Harry Potter films... I wonder who will play Dumbledore now that Richard Harris has passed on.

No list, but most of the films people have mentioned here I am looking forward too. :)

darth_mcbain
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:30:47 PM
TTT
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
ROTK
X2
Nemesis

Even though I'll end up going to see them, but I'm not really looking forward to the Matrix movies all that much. Who knows, maybe I'll really like them, I'm just not all that buzzed for them.

JMK
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:04:08 PM
TTT
ROTK
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
X2

Levi Argon
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:14:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth McBain

Even though I'll end up going to see them, but I'm not really looking forward to the Matrix movies all that much. Who knows, maybe I'll really like them, I'm just not all that buzzed for them.

My thoughts exactly.

As for Dumbledore, I haven't the faintest idea. Ian McKellen perhaps? :)

It's such a shame because Richard Harris will be remembered as Dumbledore to younger generations, I mean a headline on the front page of a newspaper here said: "Dumbledore's dead". I think that's in poor taste too if you ask me. But Harris was a real actor, a fine one at that. Hopefully they will find a fitting replacement that will do him justice.

JonathanLB
Oct 28th, 2002, 07:05:47 PM
I can't wait until Harry Potter is nude on screen and the movie gets an NC-17 rating, which is exactly what will happen if the rumors are true of that HACK director who made Y Tu Mama Tambien directing that sequel. Man that would be funny. There goes that franchise. Worst. Director. EVER.

Buff, there will be plenty of good and great movies in the next few years. Every year there are a great number of worthwhile films that come to theaters, you can't just be closed minded and assume that nothing good is going to arrive. A lot of the best films will be surprises.

This year, I've seen ten films worthy of 4 stars, and I've seen just as many (slightly more) worthy of 3.5 stars, so lots of really good films! Of course, there are always more duds and mediocre films than really good ones, but they are there.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 28th, 2002, 08:24:37 PM
In Chronological Order
The Two Towers
Daredevil
X-Men 2
The Hulk
ROTK

As far as Harry Potter, well I had read they had a look a like they used in some of the shots, in the HP 2 and they were thinking of using him in Hp3 if Harris was too sick, still not sure if they should go that way, they need a better actor, Mckellan would work, not sure if he would do it.

JonathanLB
Oct 29th, 2002, 02:58:52 AM
The era of the superhero movie is upon us...

dbn
Oct 29th, 2002, 04:00:03 AM
x2
Kill Bill
TTT
RotK
ST:N

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 29th, 2002, 04:07:40 AM
Lord of the Rings:TTT and ROTK
The two Matrix sequels

Sanis Prent
Oct 29th, 2002, 09:14:03 PM
1. Nemesis
2. Die Another Day
3. Junction Boys
4. X2
5. TTT

I am totally unpsyched for the Matrix sequels, as I think the concept of Matrix sequels is absurd.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:42:18 PM
Well according to some rurmors Christopher Lee might be replacing Harris in HP 3, now that would be cool, in that he will be in the 3 biggest fanasty series ever, but he is older than Harris and how could he play Dumbledorf past 3 unless he lives for another 10-15 years, but heck he is already 80.

JMK
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:57:17 PM
He is in staggeringly good health for an 80 year old, I'm hoping he gets in his Ep3 lines.

It would be quite an accomplishment for him though. He's been relatively unknown to a couple generations, and for him to get into all 3 series' with major roles would be incredible!

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2002, 03:33:21 AM
I personally think it's a bad choice.

Hed start in book 3, and go through to book 7, IIRC. By the time he finished filming, hed be 85. Bit of a risk, IMOI.

Sene Unty
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:57:17 AM
5.Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions
4.Harry Potter
3.The Hulk
2.TTT/RotK
1.X-men 2

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:52:36 AM
Instead of a top 5, I will just make a top 2 :p

1. TTT
2. ROTK

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2002, 12:05:28 PM
Borrrrrrrrring ;)

Sene Unty
Oct 30th, 2002, 01:39:23 PM
:lol yeah man there has got to be more....don't hold out on us!! :D

Figrin D'an
Oct 31st, 2002, 12:50:56 AM
I don't think Christopher Lee is a good choice for the HP sequels, not because of his age. He just wouldn't fit the part... after having played Dracula, Count Dooku and Saruman, could anyone here honestly see him as a kind old teacher at a magic school? Ian McKellan could work, but who knows if he would want to do it...

Sean Connery maybe?

The choice will be interesting.

The Matrix sequels... I'm kind of iffy on them. I mean, I honestly could have handled just the first film with it's open-ended conclusion. It had a nice touch to it. I'll likely see them, yes... but I have no where near the same anticipation for them as I do TTT, ROTK, X-Men 2, ST: Nemesis, or Terminator 3 (I'm surprised no one has mentioned that one yet).

James Prent
Oct 31st, 2002, 01:33:03 AM
T3 seems way to "borg queen" for my tastes. I'll see it, but I'm not esp. looking forward to it. :D

ReaperFett
Oct 31st, 2002, 04:10:30 AM
Ian McKellan would be good, but has one problem. Like Lee, he is a real scene stealer. Is that good fro a supporting cast member?

Oriadin
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:22:31 AM
Nemesis
TTT
The Matrix 2&3
X Men 2
Harry Potter

----------------------

Im very excited about the Matrix films but im also worried that its not going to be anywhere near as good as the first. My fingers are crossed.

Levi Argon
Oct 31st, 2002, 07:03:56 AM
I was joking when I said Ian McKellen as a suggestion for Dumbledore. I think the pointed wizards hat for Gandalf was enough for him and it's likely he would cringe at the thought of playing that character. It's too campy for want of a better word.

Leeloo Mina
Oct 31st, 2002, 07:50:22 AM
Originally posted by Oriadin
Im very excited about the Matrix films but im also worried that its not going to be anywhere near as good as the first. My fingers are crossed.

Yeah.. I really hope they don't screw with them and mess them up.. :x

My top five... No order

Matrix 2/3(like I said above.. I really hope they dont mess up on these :( Those dreadlock guys look stupid :cry)
TTT(This has GOT to be good.)
ROTK(ditto)
T3(I'm not sure about this.. I want to see it, but I dont know much about it except the liquid-cop-guy-metal-stuff forming a T ^_^;)
X-men 2(It had better be good, or I'll KILL people!)

ReaperFett
Oct 31st, 2002, 10:30:45 AM
To support my #1 choice btw, I've read a fair couple of script reviews for Daredevil. One was so-so, the rest have all been good-excellent. Sounds like its down to the acting and Direction :)

JMK
Oct 31st, 2002, 10:36:45 AM
after having played Dracula, Count Dooku and Saruman, could anyone here honestly see him as a kind old teacher at a magic school?

And McKellen, who's played a nazi, Magneto, etc. would be so much better? ;)

:lol

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:39:40 PM
"HARRY POTTER! Do not mistake me for some conjurer of cheap tricks!"

I could well imagine the producers of HP would want either McKelland or Lee - although Lee would be better as Voldemort IMO.

BUFFJEDI
Nov 4th, 2002, 08:05:11 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
I can't wait until Harry Potter is nude on screen and the movie gets an NC-17 rating, which is exactly what will happen if the rumors are true of that HACK director who made Y Tu Mama Tambien directing that sequel. Man that would be funny. There goes that franchise. Worst. Director. EVER.

Buff, there will be plenty of good and great movies in the next few years. Every year there are a great number of worthwhile films that come to theaters, you can't just be closed minded and assume that nothing good is going to arrive. A lot of the best films will be surprises.

This year, I've seen ten films worthy of 4 stars, and I've seen just as many (slightly more) worthy of 3.5 stars, so lots of really good films! Of course, there are always more duds and mediocre films than really good ones, but they are there. You maybe right BUT right now nothing catches my attention.But in a few months who knows:)