PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't already...

Nupraptor
Oct 28th, 2002, 07:29:25 AM
I reccomend going out and renting Amelie. I just got around to seeing this one, and I was very impressed. The direction is nothing short of amazing, the unconvential humor is great and it's actually kind of touching. It's definitely a date movie, so if you have someone you can go see it with, do so with all urgency.

Sene Unty
Oct 28th, 2002, 08:30:35 AM
I loved Amelie Nup....Definently a movie everyone should see. While it was obviously foreign in every ascpect, I thought it was absolutly fantastic...

Nupraptor
Oct 28th, 2002, 08:39:48 AM
Ah, I think I just found out why the direction was so well done: It had the same director as Delicatessan and City of Lost Children. Both were excellent films, as well.

Katina Van-Derveld
Oct 28th, 2002, 11:04:32 AM
It's such a beautiful movie. :love

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2002, 02:45:22 PM
I have... and I totally disagree. I thought Ameile was only worth flushing.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 28th, 2002, 02:48:07 PM
Haven't seen it, haven't seen it anywhere to rent either :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:17:03 PM
I really enjoyed this movie. :) I'm glad I bought it.

Nupraptor
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:29:49 PM
Please... if you didn't at least get a consistent laugh out of the lawn gnome bit, then it must be nigh-impossible to make you laugh. I saw it with Morgan, his sisters and their friends, and we were all roaring with laughter. I definitely plan on buying Amelie the first chance I get.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:40:15 PM
It took me a minute to understand how she did it, but I loved that part.,..you're right it was funny :D

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:43:18 PM
I'm struggling to remember the lawn gnomes. The only parts clear in my memory right now is Ameile looking at herself in a mirror, a scence where I think it's a storekeeper gets laid in a bathroom and the ending 10 minutes. Probably by any lawn gnome scene, I was bored and not really paying attention anymore. That's really what I found, it just plain bored me.

JediBoricua
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:04:43 PM
I agree with Nup, it's a great movie to see with a girl. Smart, funny, just good feeling movie.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 28th, 2002, 07:04:02 PM
You must not have been paying attention to the super camera work or the excellent use of color. You could watch the movie with the sound/subtitles off.

Same with Mulholland Drive.

I loved the quirky, excentric characters. The score was perfect. I really can't find any way to knock the movie.