PDA

View Full Version : Ready to learn, in need of a teacher

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:23:30 PM
Kirrto wandered into the training centre, speederboard under one arm.

he looked around, to see if there was anyone there to help him begin his training as a Jedi.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:54:13 AM
A hand fell onto Kirrto’s shoulder from behind.

“Can I help you with something?”

Kirrto McKavity
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:56:46 AM
Kirrto almost jumped a mile, he wasnt used to people being able to move around without him noticing it.

"Huh?" he mumbled, startled, then registered the man's words,
"Uhh... yeah. I was just wondering how I started training, y'know. where to buy the..."

he indicated the rack of training sabres, then decided to show off, lifting a sabre out of the rack and trying to hover it into his hand. His plan backfired, and it shot across the room like a missile, before clattering to the floor.

he picked it up like he had really meant to do that all along, and finished his sentance,

"the kit. Clothes and stuff. And how to learn to use this Force-y thingy."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:38:10 AM
Dasquian laughed quietly as he watched the learner attempt a Force trick.

“Well…you don’t buy robes, they are provided as a standard item. Lightsaber parts are available for a small amount if you wish to buy them, or you could take one of the training sabers – though I would advise against that. It is far better to construct your own, so it is the best shape and weight for your needs.”

The Knight folded his arms behind his back.

“As for learning… I could teach you, if you tell me what you know at this point.”

Kirrto McKavity
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:09:50 AM
Kirrto scratched his head,and said:

"well, I can move things... a bit," indicating the sabre on the floor, "And i can make people do things sometimes by thinking loudly...." he thought back to the days in the store, then shook his head quickly.

"Thats about it really. I've trained with regular swords and stuff too, but ive heard that that isnt usually much help."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:01:55 AM
“Any form of combat training is useful. Though the lightsaber is a more delicate weapon, proficiency in a sword will give you the basic prowess needed to wield it will.”

Folding his hands behind his back, he added, “Do you have any preference as to what you’d like to learn first…”

His voice trailed off, and he suddenly realised something.

“Sorry, I don’t believe I know your name.”

Kirrto McKavity
Nov 4th, 2002, 02:08:04 PM
Kirrto smiled. "Kirrto McKavity" he introduced himself.

"I presume you're Sir Dasquian..." he hazarded, he recognised the Knight, but wasnt sure how to adress him... the title "Sir" never went amiss though

He shrugged, and said "I'd quite like to learn how to use a lightsabre," he said, hoping that he didn't sound too rash, but he really wanted to have a try of one of those things!

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:43:11 AM
“Dasquian suits me fine, Kirrto. I’m hardly worth of a prefix like Sir,” he replied with a slight smile.

“And lightsaber skills sounds fine.”

He turned and looked about the training room for the crate that was present in each one. With a motion of his hand the lid half slid away, and a cylinder lifted itself out and jumped to Dasquian’s hand. He gripped it for a moment, testing the weight, before holding it out to the Padawan.

“Here, use this to begin with. Get a feel for it, have a … bit of a swing,” he added, laughing to himself.

Kirrto McKavity
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:09:46 PM
Kirrto inspected the cylinder, scratcing at the chrome surface for a second, before slowly and deliberately turning it the right way around, and igniting the blade.

the blade flickered into life, and Kirrto smiled, staring mesmerised into the blue light.

"This," he thought, "i understand."

he drew it back, into a half remembered Duellist's salute, then moved slowly through the first few movements of a kata, one of the things he recalled from his training. the training had been... basic, to say the least, and quite informal, learning with a class of others at his school, then simply by observing the various travellers through his village.

"what was it again? salute, back, forward, off the kill line, ready and thrust th-en back, up guard ...." he half-thought, half mumbled as he slowly paced through the motions, speeding it up gradually as he repeated it over and over.

"its lighter than a broadsword, isnt it?" he remarked casually, "Nicer balance."

he turned to an imaginary opponent, cutting low, and parrying imaginary strikes with a barely-supressed energy, losing himself in the whirr of the blade, almost completely forgetting about Dasquian's prescence.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:51:31 AM
The blue beam was met with an orange, echoing its hum and hissing as the two blades touched. The Knight knocked the tip upwards, so that Kirrto’s eyes followed. He took a step backwards and assumed a light guard, again gesturing the tip of the weapon towards himself, motioning for the Padawan to attempt an attack.

Kirrto McKavity
Nov 13th, 2002, 02:26:54 PM
Kirrto looked startled for a second, then brought the blade down toward Dasquian's head, only at the last second jerking it off course, so that it arced in towards his knees.

it was an old trick, but one he had practiced well.