PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Jesus it doesn't get any better than this!

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2002, 11:56:07 AM
This weekend can't be any more totally rad than its already been, and I've still got the better half of a sunday to go through.

Friday -

After finding out the previous night that I have <a href=http://www.ring-themovie.com>seven days to live</a>, and kicking the stuffing out of an accounting test, I was itching to have a good weekend. I earned it. I know whats coming. The Tennessee Game. I hate Tennessee. I hate them so much I can taste it in my balls. There is nothing uglier than that shade of orange. I forced my sister's boyfriend to take down his tennessee flag if he wanted to see my sister. I hate Tennessee. I hate Rocky Top, and all their craptastic hillbilly shenanigans. Don't bother asking my "special lyrics" to Rocky Top. They make sailors blush. We've lost to them for seven years straight, but its the nature of the rivalry to win or lose in long streaks. The first time I ever saw Tennessee beat Alabama was in 1995, when Peyton Manning let loose an evil passing barrage. I remember I was at a girl's halloween party. I haven't been to a halloween party and a Tennessee game at once ever since. Until this year. Seven years later. Lucky seven. I feel the need to scratch a seven year itch, and I can feel this win in my bones.

After class, I hurry from T-town to B'ham, making my high school's homecoming game, and the first game I've seen the Cougars play in 2 years. They trounced a cross-town rival, and played one of the best games I've seen in high-school ball. I talk with old friends, and remember the old days. All is happy. Suddenly, I'm invited to not one, but two halloween parties...one happening after the game. So why not...I truck it on over to the ghetto, and enter my friend's mad house. Black lights, fog machines, strobes, bubble machines, disco balls, and more seizure-inducing eye candy. I drink, I chat, I am merry. The cops crash the party. Hello Mr. Cop, I am 21, go away. Cops leave. We sing karaoke...badly. After the buzz fades, I drive home, and sleep.

Saturday -

I go to my friend Drew's house, to watch Auburn beat LSU. No, not beat them...annihilate them. Unranked nobody Auburn, dismantling number ten LSU. Bad day to bet on football again. Fortunately I'm too poor to bet. I pull for Auburn, because I humor my best friend, since he's an Auburn fan. Deep inside, I'm frowning. Oh well. Notre Dame versus Florida State. Dear God, who do I hate more? Maybe I could convincingly pull for one if they were playing Hitler...but I am confuzled. Maybe a Goodyear blimp will crash on the field...maybe. I hate FSU because they're FSU. I am genetically engineered to hate Notre Dame. All my friends are Catholic, and I am converting. They tell me this presents a problem...because you just don't pull against the Irish. But I am an Alabama fan...this means I cannot like or forgive the Irish for their 1966 robbery. Also they are one national championship away from tying our record. I wouldn't mind the Irish placing 2nd this season...but God don't let them be number one. In spite, I pull for the Hurricanes as they trounce West Virginia. I need a bath...I feel corrupted. The games end and me and my friend go costume shopping for the party. He is a vampire. I am a werewolf. No suprise there.

I end up missing the first half of the Bama-Tennessee game, so I can drive my friend to Saginaw, so he can get the rest of his costume. We listen on radio...and I am speeding. My blood is pumping and I am into the game. Gerald Dixon makes me take back every ill word I've spoken of him. Go Watts. Go Croyle. Roll Tide Roll! We finally make it to the party, and I pop my fangs in, which are adhered to my teeth with chewing gum. Take that, MacGuyver. Applying some fresh fake blood to my lips and face, I howl to a moon that isn't there. A buddy of mine is dressed as a Catholic Cardinal, and throws "holy water" on Mat...we all laugh...and go to watch the 2nd half of the game.

Ladies, ladies, everywhere. I get into character, which involves pawing backside, growling, and sniffing. Woof Woof...and I'm a hit. One girl is dressed as a snow bunny. She gets it bad, but she loves it.

Back to the game. 14-7 at the half, but the Tide steps it up. Clausen can't pass. He's sacked, hurried, and picked. They get one more touchdown, but its too little, too late. Bama wins, 34-14! The Seven Year Itch...scratched! Roll Tide Roll! I eat a bag of orange cheetos. Go to Hell, Tennessee! Now...I'm ready to party. Line me up tequila shooters, even if I hate the worm juice. Blarg @ Montezuma. I chase with whiskey from my flask. The cops arrive...again! Hello Mr. Cop, I'm 21. Go away. They leave. We party. Dance, howl, grope...maybe. Beer me. Hunch Punch me. I've waited for this day for seven years! Girls get trashed. Snow bunny gets skinned. AwooOOooo....

Sunday -

I wake up, face down on the beanbag...again! Sometime during the night, I washed away my makeup. Yay me. I pack up my gear, and head home.

Sweet Jesus, it doesn't get any better than this!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:04:35 PM
!!!!!

omg I wish I was there ^_^

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:13:32 PM
I got a picture of it ^_^

Morgan Evanar
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:19:10 PM
You win sir.

Figrin D'an
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:23:36 PM
Congrats on the victory over the Vols. I watched most of the game... although I kinda fell asleep for about a half-hour in the middle of it (long day yesterday... don't ask)... I had a feeling that it was Bama's day to take out Tennessee. Good job. :)

Sounds like a hell of a party... hope you can spend most of today recovering. :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:25:44 PM
Pretty much. I have a day of being pampered by the family, and well-fed. Then I steal all their groceries, go back to campus, cause I'm chairing a committee meeting tonight. Back to the old grindstone, but what a way to go :)

Ishan Shade
Oct 27th, 2002, 01:38:35 PM
Sounds like a productive weekend to say the least :)

Taylor Millard
Oct 27th, 2002, 04:34:54 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Sounds like a ton of fun. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2002, 07:08:45 PM
:cry

My car broke.

Lady Vader
Oct 27th, 2002, 08:46:17 PM
You are one lucky SOB! You sound like you had the best time of your life! And you're right... it can't get any better than that. :crack

(Though I DO wish I had more friends out here that threw Halloween parties :lol)

Oh, and...

...this means I cannot like or forgive the Irish for their 1966 robbery.

I'm a quarter Irish... hmmmmmm... ;):p

Jeseth Cloak
Oct 27th, 2002, 08:50:27 PM
Yeah.... I need to know someone who throws halloween parties....

This is Jehova Eaven BTW...

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:26:22 PM
I'm of irish descent too. It doesn't matter, though. Notre Dame isn't an ethnic thing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:39:34 PM
You like the movie Rudy, that should be good enough.

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:41:00 PM
That does not count!!! :mad

Rudy is a universal story of courage, heart, and perseverance, that transcends football programs. It just so happens that it took place at Notre Dame. Its an unfortunate coincidence.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:44:47 PM
lmao, fine fine, whatever you say, Slick.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:48:10 PM
:lol

Lady Vader
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:32:22 PM
Ooooooooooo! She got ya there! :lol:lol:lol

Taylor Millard
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:38:07 PM
*starts humming the Notre Dame Fight Song*

C'mon Charley join in!

;) :lol

Sanis Prent
Oct 28th, 2002, 08:30:03 PM
<font size=10>I'll never join you!</font>

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2002, 09:36:00 PM
:lol:lol :D

Figrin D'an
Oct 28th, 2002, 09:43:25 PM
You hum... I'll sing my version of the Irish fight song...

Beer, Beer for old Notre Dame
Break out the glasses, we want champagne.
Send the freshmen out for gin,
Don't let a sober sophomore in.

We never stumble, we never fall,
We sober up on wood alcohol,
While the loyal faculty lies drunk on the ballroom floor.

:D

Sanis Prent
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:04:56 PM
I need to find the Bama version of Rocky Top...unfortunately its not as clean as that parody