PDA

View Full Version : Kicking the Rag (Closed, Belargic)

Wik Tayl Doon
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:24:24 AM
Jedi had served the Republic for eons. One generation after another, defending the peace. Wik considered himself lucky that he was allowed the prestigous right to become a Jedi. He felt the only hard part was becoming a Jedi. Vigorous training during the day and night kept his body on the constant verge of falling asleep, if not for the force to replenish his energy ever so slowly.

Meditation was the key to understanding yourself and understanding the force; so said countless Jedi masters. The adolescant padawan couldn't seem to figure out the point yet even after the years of doing it. He learned that meditation could replenish energy or heal you. Perhaps even prepare you if done well enough, but besides that, nothing else could the mediatation be used for.

Oh well, thought Wik, Maybe this meditation stuff ain't so bad. At least its not getting beat up in lightsaber training. Tayl Doon, while good at practicing lightsaber forms and technique wasn't as adept at one on one combat as most would think. The cuts and bruises were ample proof.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:37:42 AM
“You cannot avoid saber training forever, friend.”

A voice broke the apprentice’s meditation, as above him stood the Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic. Arms folded over his chest, and a welcoming smile on his face, he nodded in greeting to Tayl.

Wik Tayl Doon
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:07:26 PM
Wik's eyes shot open with surprise. He tried to catch his flaw. A Jedi in mediatation should be able to sense his surrondings easily. The younger man stood up, with out facing his master.

"I'm not hiding from saber practice--"a balant lie"--I'm ready to take you anytime, anywhere." His voice filled with the competitiveness that older teens seem to have.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:11:42 AM
“I’m not here to challenge you,” Dasquian replied calmly.

“You looked a little out of place here, sitting alone, and I can sense you’re looking for some help in developing your skills. Correct?”

Wik Tayl Doon
Nov 2nd, 2002, 04:02:30 PM
"Oh. Well, " The younger Jedi paused for a second, "I could use some help honing in my saber skills."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:32:25 AM
With a nod he turned momentarily from the learner and approached a large crate. The boxes were placed in each of the small training rooms, and as Dasquian slid the lid off – first entering an access code – he retrieved it a pouch full of small dark grey pebbles. At his waist, his free hand clasped his saber hilt.

“If you have a saber, ignite it and get ready. If not, there are some in the crate here.”

Wik Tayl Doon
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:26:02 AM
"Don't worry I've got one." Wik said as his unhooked his saber from his belt--igniting it--and fell into the ready position.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:59:35 AM
Affix the pouch of pebbles to his belt, where he could easily get to it, he depressed the ignition switch on his saber and sent the orange beam surging to life. Dasquian then slipped his footing into a loose guard, with his saber held partially diagonal over his body.

“Come at me.”

Wik Tayl Doon
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:33:50 PM
In two steps he was off, a powerful boost from his upper-leg muscles with aid of the force sent the Jedi apprentice hurling into the air towards Belargic, saber above his head readying to strike.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:49:01 AM
The aggressive was obvious, though it could be tapped out soon. As a response to the over enthusiastic beginning, Dasquian simply swung his orange saber up and held the beam hard against the oncoming attack. For a few minutes the blades remained bound, before the Knight swung his saber down to the side, throwing the apprentice off balance.

“Do not be so bull-headed.”

Wik Tayl Doon
Dec 14th, 2002, 06:05:38 PM
Wik fell into a roll as he was thrown off balance. In a vain attempt to regain his balance and composure, he jumped up off the ground--to quickly. The padawan shifted his weight to hastily and collided with the ground, fast first.

"Todays not my day." Wik Tayl Doon said into the ground.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 19th, 2002, 08:56:15 AM
Dasquian moved backwards a few paces, lowering his saber into a guard over his legs.

“Come on – concentrate. Don’t rush your movements.”

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:02:32 AM
[double post]