PDA

View Full Version : Hunting The Truth Part II...(Maia and Open)

Elijah Kalrico
Oct 26th, 2002, 02:53:51 PM
This was becomming a familiar sight now....the same man sitting at the booth in the back corner of the bar, cloaked in black and surrounded by shadows. He sat there drinking his Corellian Whiskey as thoughts about life and its meaning filled his head. With another swig, he finished the flask and looked up to the Bartender.

"Aiyo! Get me....."

The bartender glared at him for a moment and sighed, nodding.

"I know, get you another one 'cuz you ain't got all day, right?"

Elijah laughed to himself and nodded slowly, then focused his eyes back on the door of the establishment. He had been sitting here day after day, watching people...mainly the Jedi...and one had caught his eye. She was beautiful and was filled with knowledge, he was sure of it. The Bartender brought his flask and he took a generous sip of it before setting it back upon the table and fixing his cold blue eyes on the door again....waiting....

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:14:50 PM
Maia turned from the bar with her usual glass of fruit juice in hand. She scanned the bar as she sipped her drink, looking for familiar faces. Her eyes settled on a man sitting in a dark corner. She couldn't recall seeing him in Yog's before.

"Might as well say hi." She made her way over to him, pushing through the crowds.

"May I join you? You seem to be in need of company." She said with a soft smile. Maia had always loved meeting new people and this guy seemed to need a friend at the moment.

Elijah Kalrico
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:26:04 PM
Elijah's eyes nearly popped out of his head at the sight of her. She was like an angel and she was actually talking to him. Nodding slowly and closing his mouth back from its open position, he settled his eyes upon hers as she sat down.

"Yeah.....I'd ah....love it if ya joined me...."

He said softly, looking about the Bar for a moment before turning back to her with a grin upon his face. He had not smiled like that in a long time, but her mere presence told him she could help with his questions.

"The name's Elijah Kalrico......what's yours?"

The man questioned with genuine interest, extending his hand to her for greeting's sake.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:35:38 PM
Maia sat her drink down on the table and took the mans hand. A smile lit her eyes. "My name is Maia, pleasure to meet you Elijah."

Maia settled into the booth across from him. "You seem to need a friend Elijah. Is there something that I could help you with?" Maia had always sensed other peoples needs. She didnt know why and just chalked it up to liking them.

Elijah Kalrico
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:46:05 PM
Elijah smiled and shook her hand before taking his own back to his flask. He looked down a bit embarassed as she spoke, but nodded.

"I.....I need ta know who I am. I was an Assassin.....an' a Merciless Mercenary....but now, I dunno who I am. I feel so lost. A chick with this.....this glow er somethin' around her....told me that anger...it'll only hurt me more. Then I met 'nother like her...a Jedi. His name was....Dasquian an' he told me 'bout the Jedi, but I don't fully understand. He said something about some invisible thing called...Force or the Force?"

He hoped that these words rang a bell to her for he sure as hell had no idea what they meant. Sighing to himself, he shook his head.

"I need a path to walk....I ain't got nothin' goin' for me now...."

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:26:20 PM
Maia cocked her head as the man spoke. She understood what he was asking but what she did not understand is why he knew nothing of the Force.

"The Force Elijah is a part of you. It is a power that fills you, it is in everything. Te Jedi path is a hard pat to take and it has very little reward but what it offers is family and respect from others around you. Most importantly, it offers you peace. It is a good path to walk Elijah and one must be very strong of heart to be able to walk it." She leaned forward and placed a hand over his. Her kind eyes searching his.

"It is true about anger, it will lead to the darkside and it it will corrupt your soul and bring you no joy. There are many here who can teach you of the force Elijah. They can show you what it is and how wondrous it feels to use it properly. Tell me, how is it you know nothing of the Force?"

Elijah Kalrico
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:35:49 PM
He listened intently to what she said, though it didn't make sense at first....he made it make sense. Shrugging his shoulders, Elijah took another sip of his drink and listened more....especially when she touched him. There was something there about here.....truly she was wonderous and he began to think it was because of this Force she spoke of. How could someone be kind to him after all that he had done? It took someone quite special to do that....this is what he wanted.

"I....I'm only twenty years old.....I dunno why this subject never came up. I was frozen in Carbonite for one hundred and fifty years...guess I missed a lot, huh?"

He laughed at himself for his stupidty and sighed once again. Perhaps he had been wrong all along. Sure, he was not the best soul in the Galaxy...but deep down, he had some heart.....somewhere.

"My Ma used to tell me about the Jedi when I was just a boy....I didn't believe 'er though....not 'til I met one.....I loved her too. She was my everything....then, someone killed her. That's how I became what I am.....or was. I killed that bastard and I felt good about it. Though, you're right.....it gave me no real joy.....and now, now I'm nothin'."

He looked up at her with pleading eyes.....a sorrow filled heart was all she could see now as he wished to repent now. A realization had hit him like a ton of bricks. He now knew that the little 'trick' he could do was the Force at work....and perhaps, he had a chance.

"....I.......I want to learn......help me......please....."

Dios Kane
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:42:38 PM
:: I entered the bar and smiled to see Maia at the counter. She was in a deep conversation with another man and I figured I'd just wait till she was done. I found a booth in the middle of the bar and sat back with a drink in my hand. This couldn't be too long, could it?::

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:13:17 PM
Maia smiled gently at the young man. Se could sense his pain and his sincerity.

"No matter what you have done in life Elijah, there is always forgiveness. I will be happy to help you in any way that I can. It is why I am here. Tell me how to help you. What would you like me to d?" Maia asked with a concern filled voice. She truly felt for the young man who seemed so lost and alone...

Elijah Kalrico
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:38:51 PM
This was the moment of truth. Nothing could hurt him now no matter what he chose to do....it was his life and there was so much he was missing. Everyday he felt an emptiness in his heart for everything he had lost.....and killing others was not making anything better. He sighed and let his eyes drift about the room, seeing how happy everyone looked....they looked so different from the man he had spoken with earlier that week. Sieken was his name, and he had been full of a deep hate....a rage that eminated from his body. Elijah's eyes made their way back to Maia and he smiled slightly with an evident resolve upon his features.

".....I want to become a Jedi......I want to find the Truth......and I want to change my life...."

He nearly choked out the last few words for the sincerity in them was deeper than he had ever felt before. Now it was time to do something good for himself....and in turn, others.

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:58:29 PM
Maia's eyes filled with tears t his words. It was not often you got to see someone chose the right path from a former bad one. She clutched his hand again in joy.

"This is wonderful news Elijah. I think in time you will find you have made the right choice. I think you will be able to find peace with this decision. We are a good group of people, us Jedi and I am sure you will be more than welcomed. Jus take your time and enjoy your life. Find out who you are." She said with a kind smile...

Elijah Kalrico
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:03:31 AM
Elijah saw the tears well up in her eyes and it caused a few of his own, though he would never admit it. Smiling as she squeezed his hand, he took in a deep breath and suddenly it felt as though the weight of the world had been lifted from his shoulders.

"How do I do this though? I mean.....join the Jedi an' all? Is there some papers to sign or anything?"

It was an honest question....he had no idea what he was doing, all he knew was that he made a decision and he was excited to follow through with it right now! Hopefully she would be able to help him....

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 27th, 2002, 11:08:48 AM
Maia had a big grin on her face. She was so happy he had decided to stay and train. "Well, I can take you to the recruitment center and you can ask to join. Usually Xaz is there to accept new applicants but she has been very busy with her padawans. Someone there will accept you in and then you can request a master to train you in the ways of the Jedi. When you get on, your training begins. There are questions they will ask but no papers to fill out."

Elijah Kalrico
Oct 27th, 2002, 11:46:35 AM
Elijah smiled with joy upon his face. His hard life had taken a toll on him and his features were weathered and worn....but through that, there was a spark of hope for him.

"Please.....take me there. I'm ready to learn....."

He said, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. Rising from his seat, he left enough money to pay for both of his Whiskeys.....plus about ten more, though he did not mind, everything seemed not to matter now but the path that lay ahead of him now...

ooc: Do you want to start a new thread there??

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:53:37 PM
Sorry for the delay :) Yea go ahead and start a thred there so we can get you accepted :)

Elijah Kalrico
Oct 29th, 2002, 07:29:18 PM
Okay, I'll do that! Just look for it in there, k? :D