PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in...

Destiny Stormrider
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:04:12 PM
Do you believe in Astrological signs affecting people's attitudes. For instance, they say Leos are very proud people, Geminis are double-faced, and such. Can it be true?

Riley Chambers
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:05:16 PM
I don't believe it. My boyfriend rants and raves about how Capricorns are supposed to be strong people. We're both Cappy's. He may be strong, but I wear my heart on my sleeve.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:10:47 PM
Libra is my sign, but I don't believe it fits me at all. They're described as diplomatic, romantic, charming, and sociable - all of which I'd say I'm not.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:16:57 PM
Nope...

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:22:24 PM
Not a chance. I dont even have a clue what my so called sign is and dont care.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:07:30 PM
I don't think when you're born has anything to do with your personality traits.

IN MY case, however, as a Sag, I actually fit quite a few of the listed 'traits' of all Sagatarriusesdkfsllaoejksdf, which is interesting. :) Do I believe in astrology? Nope.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:09:40 PM
Well in a way saying that, i do have alot of Ares traits in me i have to admit....i do when angrey have a bad temper...

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:17:49 PM
Im an Aries as well and a lot of it fits me to a "T" :)

Silus Xilarian
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:33:26 PM
Im a gemini, but im not two faced :)

or am I >D

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:47:52 PM
No youre not *coughSallycough*

:)

Silus Xilarian
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:48:57 PM
ALTER EGOS DONT COUNT :mad

i mean.....

Who's Sally.....*innocent*

Nupraptor
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:49:07 PM
I'm an Aquarius, which means that I'm supposed to be eccentric and gravitate towards literature and the arts. Yeah, that's pretty much me.

Dae Jinn
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:53:20 PM
i'm also a gemini and we aren't two faced, but we have many sides to our personalities :lol

I fit a few of the Gemini traits I suppose.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:21:29 PM
I fit about half the traits of a Sagitaruis or something.

I can't spell tonight.

I think its mostly rubbish.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:38:14 PM
Unfortunatly I'm a Virgo.....but I don't believe in that garbage at all. It's all pretty stupid, if you ask me. I didn't know my so called 'sign' until last year when my friend freaked out and asked me what my birthday was....then went on about how some guy was supposed to fall for me the next week......riiiiiiiiight....... :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:39:23 PM
I'm waiting for the horoscope that says "You will go to work today, and then go home and play online on message boards until you're too tired to move."

THEN I will believe it. >D

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:41:53 PM
Well some base there whole lives on the rotation of stars. But really what do the stars know about us. I think that people are desperate for answers to a lot of life's questions. That a star in the sky wont give them. In these times people don't have the guiding hand that they use to have (Mom and a Dad). With home's being broken more often than whole. People are looking for something to fill the hole that they have in there heart.

Thats what I think astrology is a filler for having a place to fit. But as someone already said my opinion is that it is rubbish. If the stars where right they would always be right not 2 percent of the time. :D

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:42:45 PM
a few things apply to me as an aquarius, the eccentric, creative and thinker parts...I'm always hyper, drawing and thinking over things too much......honestly until it says like LD said though, I'll never believe in it....

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 25th, 2002, 11:58:15 PM
I ignore the Monthly thing, I go by yearly. Edit: I Still Ignore it though, but it sounds cool.

I was born in the Year of the Rat.

Sneaky and Sly, but with dedication etc. etc, it was he who was first in the Japanese folk tales when It was time for the race between the animals to see who would be the first on the Calander. (While the Tiger and Dragon where fighting, the Ox ran past, with the Rat Clinging to his tail. He scampered up and jumped off the Ox to cross the finish line first.) Note, about the Tiger and Dragon, these two love to fight, which is why in almost every picture featuring the two of them, they are fighting or preparing to fight.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 26th, 2002, 02:09:18 AM
I'm an aquarius, which so far I seem to have fit well :)

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:24:25 AM
I dont know the traits, but Im Leo.

Aevenon Cloak
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:25:46 AM
Leo:

Element: Fire
Modality: Fixed
Ruling Planet: Sun
Personality Traits: Generous, Creative, Enthusiastic, Dynamic
General Compatibility: Leo, Sagittarius, Aries, Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Color: Golden Yellow, Lime Green
Gemstones: Peridot, Diamond, Carnelian
Foods: Chicken, Peas, Beans, Garlic, Onion, Oranges
Challenged to be: Humble, economic, detached, obedient and democratic
Spiritual Path: To learn universal patterns with objective precision

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2002, 05:10:51 AM
Ruling Planet: Sun
Oh great, we're so dumb we cant tell what a planet is :)

Not very "me" IMO

Dante
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:20:06 AM
Libra

Indecisive.

not me at all... or is it? i dunno..... maybe.....

Sanis Prent
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:56:46 AM
I don't believe that crap and I never will.

According to that, I should be a wild, passionate, and often jealous lover (Scorpio), and woo...I'm so not.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:03:21 AM
Keyword, I Know

Positive Traits: Original, group minded, tolerant, progressive, independent, scientific, inventive and humanitarian.

Negative Traits: Unconventional, blunt, unpredictable, rebellious, and impractical.

The Aquarian is a revelolutionary and hates constraint. They like people and are generally sociable. They are Tolerant, broad minded.

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:01:27 AM
I'm an Aquarius, through and through.

But I wasn't always, so uhm ... yeah. o_O

Sanis Prent
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:07:11 AM
also, they generalize it so much that pretty much everyone can identify with these personality traits. Its a load of crap

Xazor Elessar
Oct 26th, 2002, 12:16:20 PM
Ya hit the nail on the head, Charley.....amen, someone sees it as I do!

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 26th, 2002, 12:21:49 PM
I know they do that, but its still entertaining

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 26th, 2002, 12:25:54 PM
its entertaining alright, but they do generalise.

basically they pick a good trait that everyone has in some measure, then when you read it, you're flattered by it and think "Oh it must be true"

then you start to believe it.

Destiny Stormrider
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:32:04 PM
Well, I used to think they generalize it too, but sometimes it depends where you get the info from. I mean, like Dysm said, the chinese astrology is almost always right! I'm a Dragon and my ego means a lot to me.

The Dragon is over-proud[...]he loses his temper easily[...]
useless to try to tell him anything (I never listen to people, then fall flat on my face! I'm VERY stubborn!)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:36:29 PM
I'm a Rabbit in that, whatever that means.

Tyreal Dalarsco
Oct 26th, 2002, 02:35:48 PM
I'm a Libra and a Snake.
The traits fit me to a T.

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:05:52 PM
I'm a Libra too but I'm also an Ox. The one I beleave in the most is the chinese one because they say the Ox are inteligant people and I dont want to sound conceded but im kinda smart ;)

Dae Jinn
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:09:48 PM
I'm a monkey in the Chinese Zodiac and yes, it does suit me. Plus I luv monkeys!!! :lol

Figrin D'an
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:28:01 PM
To borrow a Marcusism...

"What Utter Rot!"

Pierce Tondry
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:44:33 PM
I've done some investigating and learned that SWFans would be 47% funnier with the addition of a monkey. It gets 3% funnier for each additional monkey beyond the first, with no upward limits either.

Salemn Lysce
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:33:13 PM
Sue me. I'm into horoscopes, or maybe it's because I've got this one book that seems to be pretty much accurate. If you're interested, buy, "The Secret Language of Birthdays" by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elfers

I'm born on a Pisces-Aries Cusp, and I think it's pretty cool, because Aries is the first Zodiac sign and Pisces is the last. Y'know, Alpha and the Omega ... :rollin Well, I'm bored, so I'm going to type some stuff it says about me. Don't read if you don't want to. =p

Those born on March 19 have the dogged persistence needed to achieve their ends and know how to use their charm and allure to help them. These highly directed people both dreamers and doers. They are able to translate their imaginative ideas into reality. Though assertive, they may not be the most self-aware individuals and indeed a strong unreality factor may be at work here. They are outwardly directed and intent on winning others over to their view points. But what those born on this day may be attempting at times is to change external reality to conform to their inner picture of it. This may sound like a dubious proposition, but through their tenacity, those born on this day are surprisingly successful.

They possess very pure and childlike qualities. But though they are expansive types who sometimes give the impression that they are in another world, they are infact forecful and businesslike. Thus they are a bit paradoxical in nature, and can appear to others as being alternative dreamy and fiery. As harnosed and hardworking as March 19 people can be, they must learn to be more realistic about who they are. Acquiring self-knowledge and an awareness of limitations is extremely important. part of their development will inevitably include learning not to overreach. They must make an effort to keep their egoism and egotistical impules under control. By adopting a more modest attitude, they may prove to be still more successful in their efforts.

:) Okay, I confess, I'm bored and just wanted to type something, but I cut out alot of what the book said. ^_^;

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:36:24 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
I've done some investigating and learned that SWFans would be 47% funnier with the addition of a monkey. It gets 3% funnier for each additional monkey beyond the first, with no upward limits either.

Don't mock the almighty monkey :mneh :lol

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:38:27 PM
:lol

imported_Firebird1
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:52:38 PM
:lol

So it's monkeys verses Chickens....

Oh and I'm a Libra...

I have no idea what it means, or does for me.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 27th, 2002, 07:46:52 PM
Libra is my sign, but I don't believe it fits me at all. They're described as diplomatic, romantic, charming, and sociable

I would say that I am most of those things. But I still don't think Astrology is true. Fortune cookies, those are a different story.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2002, 08:13:39 PM
Ooh my fortune cookie today read "Your Car Will Break Down"

No wait...

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 27th, 2002, 08:29:27 PM
Well, usually astrologer friends of mine tend to go wild when I tell them my sister and I have the same birthday (6 years apart) and it's on the 31st of October. Neither of us are typical Scorpios, however... I have more in common than she does, though. She's more of the classic Gemini persona (Adaptable, Versatile, Witty, Lively, Amusing). The reasons horoscopes work so well is because we can see ourselves, or at least what we'd like to believe we are like, in these descriptions. I don't subscribe to them, based soley on birthday, but I do believe that there are a limited number of personalities in the world, and as you get older and meet more people, you see people who are tons alike, even though they aren't the same birthday or even know each other.

Destiny Stormrider
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:33:24 PM
Point noted Ryla! :) Yeah, never thought of it that way...Little categories of personnalities...

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:19:22 PM
Sorry double posted.

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:22:58 PM
I prefer to believe in the one who made both. The stars and the personalities. But hey Im just different that way. Weird huh, A vampyre that prays. Its just a little to convenient for me to believe that when we get tired the sun goes down?! Stars are made created to be night lights in my own opinion but Im sure Ill get shot down. So really I dont see how they could control anyone's destiny and even if It as true. Then someone would have to be the creator and desinger of the stars. Everyone's birth would have to be planned to coincide with there destiny. According to your own beliefs you would have to concede there is a God. Some one would have to place the constelations in a certain pattern to give the desired result. BUt My final point and question is where do the answers come from. You say it matters who interpets the stars. But where does the correct answer come from? Did a divine being a long time ago give the first astrologer the answers to the constellations? In othere words how does one go from this star placed here means your going to break up with your boyfriend there. Its all vague and guess work in my opinion. But the Lord has a fondness for stars and signs he gave one when Jesus was born. The star over Bethlehem. Anyway didn't mean to get all preachy just sharing my opinions see ya guys and have a good one. :rollin

imported_Firebird1
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:33:16 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Ooh my fortune cookie today read "Your Car Will Break Down"

No wait...

I got that one twice in this month... :x

James Prent
Oct 28th, 2002, 11:50:46 PM
Would you believe three times in six weeks? Every two weeks without fail, now with my car in the shop, and me without a way to work. (is LD)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:57:19 AM
I don't believe in fortune nor in Astrology X_x that's fantasy, I live with what I have and with who I am I rather live in reality then try to predict the futur or stuff like that.

Leeloo Mina
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:23:20 AM
I'm a Taurus... like the car... hehe

I forget what I'm supposed to be like, last time I checked, it fit me a little.. but *shrugs*

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I'm waiting for the horoscope that says "You will go to work today, and then go home and play online on message boards until you're too tired to move."

THEN I will believe it. >D

:lol Yeah, same here ^_^;

Originally posted by Pierce Tondry

Hmmm... I've heard that before somewhere....

http://reallifecomics.com/comics/20021011.png

http://reallifecomics.com/

Sejah Haversh
Oct 29th, 2002, 04:43:09 PM
Hmm, I'm a Tuarus, which is a bull, so, does that make me horny?

Or does it make me a lackluster full size car from Ford that replaced the far superior Galaxie and Fairlane.

And I'm a rooser by the Chinese Zodiac, let's see what that says about me:

ROOSTER: The Rooster is a hard worker; shrewd and definite in decision making often speaking his mind. Because of this, you tend to seem boastful to others. You are a dreamer, flashy dresser, and extravagant to an extreme. Born under this sign you should be happy as a restaurant owner, publicist, soldier or world traveler

Well, I am a dreamer, and own a lot of hawaiian shirts, but I'm not extravagant. I like to travel, but so does everybody else, and I have no desire to own a restaurant. And a soldier, me? Um, think you go the wrong guy. Not unless we went back to swords and shields, pal.

Sene Unty
Oct 29th, 2002, 04:50:04 PM
Well I am an Aries...and from what I have read about it I am very Ariesish......I am still on the fence though?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 29th, 2002, 09:49:41 PM
Ah, the chinese Zodiac... I am the Rat. You betcha. And I have a story about the creation of the Chinese Zodiac.

one day Buddha gathered together 12 animals and said, "I will name a year of the Zodiac after each of you."

They were all very pleased. But soon the question of order came up and there was a big quarrel.

"I should be first," said the Ox, "because of my incredible size and strength."

"I should be first," said the rat, "because of my intelligence."

"but you are so small," said the ox.

"Let let us go out before the people and let them decide which one of us is better," said the rat.

The ox was about to reply when Buddha spoke up. "Yes, let the people decide."

"Fine, whoever can impress the people most with their size wins," said the ox.

"Ok, but before we do, I would like to ask Buddha one favor, with the Ox's permission fo course," said the rat.

The Ox, already sure of his victory agreed.

"Buddha, to save me from greater humiliation from my inevitable loss, I ask you to temporarily double my size."

The ox gave his permission, and Buddha doubled the Rat's size. Then they went out before the people and everywhere they went the people pointed and shouted, "Look at that rat! Look at that enormous rat!" No one noticed the ox. They had all seen him before.

And that is how the rat impressed the most people with his size and got to be first in the Chinese Zodiac.

Saharia
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:12:15 PM
Aquarius.
Dont know if I fit it and I dont believe in the zodiac too much. It's too general for so many people in the world.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:26:41 PM
Gathering information (selectively, as always) from Ryla's post above.......

classic Gemini persona (Adaptable, Versatile, Witty, Lively, Amusing).

Yes that is me :D

Shower me with affection :)

Destiny Stormrider
Oct 30th, 2002, 07:37:49 PM
ME ish Gemini too! :D (freaky how it's mostly the same signs that come up here)

Oh and for the Rat thing, just cause it comes first, doesn't mean it's better, cause you know...everyone knows DRAGONS rule! :P
(there goes the dragon-style pride of mine!)

Straffe Stormrider
Nov 1st, 2002, 11:27:42 AM
actually Wei thats not hwo I heard it. I heard that Buddah told the 12 animals that he was going to name a year after each of you...and so on. The way he chose it was that he made then do a race. After the race started, the ox was in the lead until the last second when the rat jumped out of his fur and won first place, then the rest all fell into place.

Nov 1st, 2002, 03:44:56 PM
Dragons sux0r. :mneh Monkeys own you

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Nov 1st, 2002, 03:52:35 PM
I'm a virgo I'm sure what the trats are exactly I know one is that they are generally shy and In RL that actaully fits but here on the board nah.

Destiny Stormrider
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:05:41 PM
LANCE: Actually, if I remember well, Dragons and monkeys are supposed to get along pretty well. And how can I ever dare contradict my brother! *Hugs him tight enought to give him breathing problems*

Nov 1st, 2002, 06:16:51 PM
COUGH COUGH :headbash no huggles

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 1st, 2002, 07:09:49 PM
People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey, and Ox.

I am a Rat. I am charming. Love me.

Destiny Stormrider
Nov 1st, 2002, 07:19:58 PM
LOL! I hear dat yo! You are charming dude!