PDA

View Full Version : Journey towards Enlightenment

Nirvana
Oct 25th, 2002, 04:39:45 PM
Welcome to Arcan IV! I squinted as I read the sign.

I looked down at the peice of paper in my right hand. In a hastily written letter, it read:
Go to Arcan IV

With a puzzled expression, I lift my head again and read:
Welcome to Arcan IV!

My eyes returned to the paper. Darn... it still said the same thing.

"Ar... can Four...." I double-checked. And then triple-checked. And to my dismay, this, unfortunately, was really Arcan IV.

"Okay..... this place is a dump." I let out a sigh. My eyesight confirmed the statement. My arrogance- which was bred from 18 years of pampering by the Royal Corian Palace servants- shown through. "What am I doing here..." My nose wrinkles in distaste. "I should be on Coria. I should be home."

But even I knew that wasn't possible. That palace... no longer belonged to my family. That planet no longer belonged to my blood. Invaded and ransacked by a navy of the savage Android Yali Pirates that got their hands on an old Imperial Destoryer, the small planet was was now nothing more than a floating rock.

Luckily, my family had escaped along with the majority of the planet. Refugees on Coruscant to plead for Republic intervention, I was discovered by a Jedi passerby, and given these directions to the Arcan star system.

Previously, I had heard of the new order of Jedi Knights, having studied history intensively with my palace tutor, but I had not previously met one until that day.

The force user gave me instructions to come here standard years ago... but I never saw the reason to come until now. My father, the King, had fallen sick, and the likelihood of him commanding our small army to reclaim our planet was now slim.

So the weight had fallen upon me. I led our forces- 1500 strong- against an army 5 times our size. We had hoped for a miracle... but I wasn't good enough to accomplish the impossible. All but 200 of the men were slaughtered, and we were forced to retreat only 5 standard hours after landing. We returned to Coruscant beaten and defeated in every sense of the words.

It was then I decided to come to the Jedi Academy. Here, I will learn that the impossible is possible; and the things that have never been done were waiting for me to succeed.

I needed guidance. I was soon to become a man, and here I stand to take that step.

Nirvana
Oct 26th, 2002, 05:12:37 PM
"Tweeet twooooooo."

I turn around as a purple and green astromech droid descended the platform of my royal flagship "The Finkl" (named after my planet's former chief export).

"What is it Fridge?" (Hey, he looks like a refrigerator. Sue me.)

"Deeeert bwloooop? Weeeeerp."

"Lifeforms due east. Heavily populated?" I inquired. To which I was answered with a rough estimate of lifeforms on the planet. "Well, it's more than I expected. It's probably a town." I squinted into the distance. "Well... I don't see anything. We'll probably have to walk. Are you up for it, Fridge?"

"Twooop noooom"

"Too bad, you're coming. I could use your scanners."

Nirvana
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:37:52 AM
In the horizon, I spot my first person. Then another. It wasn't long before I was able to distinguish a number of humanoids, and my heartbeat began to quicken.

I'm finally here. "That wasn't so hard, was it Fridge? I'd say the walk did us some good." I didn't really like the tone of her reply to this, but I was in too good a mood to let it stifle my excitement.

I my slow strides turn into a quick pace as I approach the Jedi. But suddenly, inexplicably, I fall to the ground, knocked down by a wave.... of something.

Nothing was wrong. I felt fine. In fact... I felt wonderful!! My untrained senses were useless before, but now being so close to these Jedi, I..... FELT them. It was extremely empowering, yet.... extremely frightening. Would I learn to harness this power that they have? This power that I could have?

I struggle to my feet (which was more of a show, than anything) and staggered forward.

Nirvana
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:05:04 PM
I caught myself humming a tune that I had heard in Corellia. It was one of those songs by those annoying Coruscantian boy bands.

Embarrassed, I stopped and look around to make sure no one heard.

Don't you hate those songs that you can't get out of your head?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 29th, 2002, 09:19:36 PM
"Pardon me, but what in the world are you looking around for? You haven;t commited any crimes, have you?"

Wei Wu Wei was not one to catch on right away. He had never heard the song Nirvana was singing before, so he had no reason to like it or hate it.

"And who are you? My name is Wei Wu Wei."

Nirvana
Oct 29th, 2002, 09:44:50 PM
I turn towards the voice, and follow it to a man.

"Hello Wei Wu Wei. I'm Ko-...," but no. I wasn't him anymore. I would have to learn to be someone else. I shrugged, "I'm.... you can call me.... Nirvana."

Nirvana? Did I just say... NIRVANA?!! Am I on some really potent spice or what?! But it was too late. I chose a new name and I couldn't take it back now without looking like an idiot.

"And no, I haven't committed any crimes. I came in search of the Jedi Knights. I'd like to learn from them."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:08:25 PM
Wei shrugged. Nirvana was a new name to him. He had never heard the word before in his life, even though he had traveled everywhere with his family.

"You want to see Jedi Knights? Well then, it's a good thing we happened upon each other. I'm a Padawan at the Greater Jedi Order. We can go there if you would like."

Nirvana
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:27:20 PM
My eyebrows raise in surprise. "You're a Jedi?" I looke him up and down. "Aren't Jedi supposed to be giants?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:52:34 PM
"Well, a Jedi can have enormous power, but to me the only thing that truly makes a Jedi stand out like a giant is according to how much he helps other people. It is good to meet you Nirvana. And if you would like to meet giants, then I recommend you getting to know Hunk and Krieger. both are very tall."

Wei walked down the street and turned a corner. "This way to the Recruitment Center!"

Nirvana
Oct 29th, 2002, 11:50:22 PM
I follow along. I admit I'm nervous, and the thought of turning back had undoubtedly crossed my mind countless times before I even took my first step.

I give Wei Wu and smile and a nod. We turned the corner, and there stood the Jedi Recruitment Center.

"Thank you...," I whisper almost inaudibly. I freeze. Last chance to turn back. Last chance to accept failure. "... thank you for showing me." I step forward towards the entrance. "I assume I must wait for a master to train me."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 30th, 2002, 03:31:53 PM
Wei held the door open for Nirvana.

"No problem. But why do you want to be a Jedi in the first place?"
Wei asked.

"The teacher will come later."

Nirvana
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:48:22 PM
I step through, and take a slight pause to think.

"I've been told I have this gift." I look at Wei, "with the Force, y'know?" I stop and choose my words carefully. I begin slowly, pursing my lips together as I squeeze out my thoughts. "I have... heard of the darkside. And I must admit that I was tempted... AM tempted to find easy power.
The truth is... I don't really want to become a Jedi, actually." I sigh. "The reason I am here is because I don't want to allow myself to become evil. And I know... that if I am not taught the ways of the Jedi... I will accept the quick power...."

I study Wei, and decide I can trust him.

"... and I can't let that happen. I must train for a certain mission for my people. For myself as well. And I wish to succeed."

TWEEEET TWOOOOOO

I turn around as the door closed on Fridge. I smile, having forgotten he was behind me. "Sorry ol' boy." I turn towards the padawan. "Allow me to introduce my friend. astromech droid model R4-D8. But you can call him Fridge."

I return my interest towards the Jedi apprentice. "So... why are you here?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:31:11 PM
"Why? Because I promised my Grandpa when he was on his deathbed that I would expand my skills so that I could help people better. I have incredible martial arts talents. Learning the Jedi ways is a nice way to avoid the Darkside, but I think that even if you were to go to the Darkside, power would not come easy. Being a Jedi, or a Sith is not so much about having power, but how you use it."

Wei took a deep breath. "The Sith are comsumed by the Darkside by their quick tempers, and arrogant nature. Humility an level-headedness are two of the best ways to avoid the fate of the Sith."

"I'm sure any Jedi Knight would agree with me." Wei said, taking a few more steps into the Recruitment center. "Take a seat somewhere. And since you have Fridge, I take it you pilot a star fighter."

Hart
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:05:34 PM
*Former Jedi Knight of the GJO and Jedi Master of CC examines the newbie.* It's been a long time since I've been on Arcan.

Nirvana
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:09:10 PM
I smile. "I pride myself with being skilled when it comes to my A-Wing, but I confess I've never actually been in a real battle with it. Only sims. Highly advanced levels, although a bit outdated." I give a little shrug. "My family mostly rode around in guarded flagships. There was never a need for me to risk my life in a space fighter battle. I've only been in one battle in my life, and I failed horribly in it.
Fridge here I bought pretty recently. A few cycles before I landed here. His scanners are really helpful, but I admit he was mostly for companionship. It gets lonely up there in space."

I examine Wei Wu. "You talk of Sith as if you have encountered one before. Have you crossed paths with any particularly dangerous ones?"

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 1st, 2002, 09:26:19 AM
Wei thought about it. "Sith? I fought a two Sith apprentices once. Odin Murk, a strange lizard man with scales thick like armor. I didn;t have a lightsaber then. And another time I fought a dog-man named Inu-Aku. That was an interesting fight. I have also fought Dark Jedi Knights and Masters. That was no fun." Wei gave a wry chuckle.

"Most of the fights were draws or losses on my part. But my skills grow everyday."