PDA

View Full Version : Best Movie Trailer ever?

Nupraptor
Oct 25th, 2002, 06:17:25 AM
I know it's easy to consider the newest movie trailer the "best trailer ever" (just like how everyone thinks the newest movie is always the best ever), but I've been nothing but impressed by the Two Towers trailer. I've already watched this thing at least 20 times, and I can't stop watching it again. I'm now at the point where I play it at least 2-3 times a day, and I'm wholly convinced that this is one of the best movie trailers ever - if not *the* best. The music and the pacing are absolutely perfect. That's what really does it for me. The version of Clint Mansell's music they're using is just so epic and fits perfectly. I really wish they'd use it in the actual movie.

What do you all think? What's you favorite trailer?

ReaperFett
Oct 25th, 2002, 06:27:00 AM
Legolas stair sliding ruins that for me :)

My favourites of recent times that I remember:

The Comedian
Army of Darkness
The Bourne Identity
Daredevil

Levi Argon
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:24:44 AM
My top four would be (in no particular order):

The Comedian.
The Two Towers - 2nd trailer.
The Fellowship of the Ring.
Attack of the Clones.

Jedieb
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:30:22 AM
Not to sound like a fanboy, but my favorite all time trailer was the SE trailer. That familiar music, the monotone voice over, and then the X-Wing blasts through the TV set and the sound hits you. Everytime I see that I'm in nerd nirvana.

JMK
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:42:10 AM
I LOVED the trailers for TPM. I thought they are the best ever. But TTT looks amazing too.

CMJ
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:52:41 AM
Hard question...the first that leaps out at me was the teaser for "Pearl Harbor". It sucked the wind out of me....

Too bad the movie couldn't compare.

Darth Viscera
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:11:16 AM
Definitely Attack of the Clones.

ReaperFett
Oct 25th, 2002, 11:19:47 AM
I dislike the TPM trailer :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 25th, 2002, 01:33:01 PM
Pearl Harbor
Attack of the Clones
Dreamcatcher
The Comedian
The Ring

Admiral Lebron
Oct 25th, 2002, 02:05:58 PM
In no particular order:

Red Dawn
Conan: The Barbarian
Starship Troopers
Attack of the Clones (The one where they show Anakin w/2 sabers)
Fellowship of the Ring (One where they show the ring drop in the snow/frodo in the woods)
The Two Towers
The Two Towers (Video game/Movie one)

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 25th, 2002, 06:20:31 PM
TTT is a brilliant trailer, no doubt. I dunno, I liked the Matrix : Reloaded one as well. Maybe more.

ReaperFett
Oct 25th, 2002, 06:31:47 PM
I doubt you could compare them really though. On one hand, you have something you love, and have read, and on the other something thats a sequel to something you loved.

JediBoricua
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:16:15 PM
I saw the trailer for Clockwork Orange on the DVD. WOW!

I think that's my favorite one.

Darth23
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:23:57 PM
I thought the TTT teaser trailer was pretty boring.

The latest one was fairly awesome. :)

Nupraptor
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:54:52 PM
The latest one was the one I'm referring to. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2002, 12:16:14 AM
I loved the teaser trailer for FotR...with the Fellowship climing up the mountain..and the titles and release dates for the three movies....

I totally freaked out and was overcome with OMG OMG OMG when i saw that for the first time. Best movie going experience ever!

Figrin D'an
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:28:33 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I loved the teaser trailer for FotR...with the Fellowship climing up the mountain..and the titles and release dates for the three movies....

I totally freaked out and was overcome with OMG OMG OMG when i saw that for the first time. Best movie going experience ever!

I have to agree... I love that teaser trailer for the LOTR trilogy. I still watch it every so often. The first time I saw it I nearly fell out of my seat... it made me that psyched about those films...

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:18:40 AM
I dont think I actually watched any FOTR trailer :)

dbn
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:56:32 AM
(In no order)

X-files: Fight the Future

Star Wars SE!

Attack of the Clones: Breath and Clone War

TTT trailer at the end of FotRs

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Leon

darth_mcbain
Oct 26th, 2002, 12:17:17 PM
Hands down - TPM... I just remember being so stoked for that when it came out - I downloaded it to my PC and probably watched it 4 or 5 dozen times. Where you see Maul's Interceptor and the Imperial March started just got me every time...

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2002, 12:34:19 PM
Yeah, and thene saw them ruin Qui Gons death ;)

Nirvana
Oct 26th, 2002, 05:18:14 PM
I really like TPM one. But that's only judging my level of excitement watching it.