PDA

View Full Version : What's the point?

JMK
Oct 24th, 2002, 11:55:15 AM
They've added characters, droids and locations from the deleted scenes in Episode 2 to the databank at the official site. My question is what for? These things were not included in the final cut of the movie, so why bother dedicating web space to them? If they intend to add some, or all of these scenes back to the DVD that's fine, but to me, these people/places and things don't even exist if they aren't in the movie.

ReaperFett
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:35:47 PM
Id rather they showed us cut scenes the DVD wont have.

JMK
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:50:21 PM
Precisely. I'd love to see more scenes that they didn't include, but why waste time explaining the life & times of someone we never see onscreen? Sure they exist to Padme, but for all intents & purposes they really don't exist unless they wind up onscreen.

ReaperFett
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:26:38 PM
And the directors commentary tells us why they dont happen.

Id like to know why Lucas didnt want to extend the fight scenes, have Obi-Wan watching the Genosians, show the Droid ship battle etc. Instead, they get ignored

darth_mcbain
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:25:38 PM
I agree, the latest databank entry wasn't all that informative and it doesn't really add all that much extra dimension.

JMK
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:29:20 PM
I think in the cases of the scenes you mentioned, they're too cool to be ignored and will someday get on screen, probably in the "ultimate editions" so I'm not worried about them yet.

As for Star Wars commentaries on DVD, I don;t give a damn about the effects, and how the pixels need to be altered in order to produce a realistic shot. That's all interesting, but what I want to see in a commentary (especially on Lucas' part) is the evolution of the story, why certain decisions were made regarding the plot etc... I guess I should come to expect that from such FX gurus like Lucas & Co. all were are going to get is pixel babble. :(

Nirvana
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:33:56 AM
The dvd better be worth it. The extras should be okay. Hopefully great.

JMK
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:41:31 PM
The DVD is going to be incredible. I've heard some rather tough critics give amazing reviews of the quality of it.

ReaperFett
Oct 27th, 2002, 04:07:11 PM
Most Ive read say its not as good as TPMs. Plus, crummy deleted scenes.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 27th, 2002, 04:46:25 PM
Yeah. The deleted scenes make me wanna cry.

JMK
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:18:39 PM
Sorry, what I meant was that the picture quality is far better than TPM's, and the sound is about as good. Those are the big things for me. The consensus is that the extras are a bit lacklustre when compared to TPM, but that was one incredible DVD.

Hart
Oct 30th, 2002, 09:06:37 PM
Sigh, I don't know what's wrong with me. I actually am not that excited to buy it.. :( Am I becoming less of a fan?!! I better watch all of the movies again quick! Before it's all lost...

JediBoricua
Nov 1st, 2002, 09:45:17 PM
Well look at your picture...;)

joking, it happens, for me this is like a relationship. You have ur up moments, and you have your down moments.

Leeloo Mina
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:04:57 AM
Liking Star Wars is like a relationship? :lol COOL! *plans to marry the OT* :crack

I'm with Hart.. I'm not exicted about it either :(

ReaperFett
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:43:17 AM
Hart doesnt have great taste though ;)

Hunk
Nov 2nd, 2002, 09:24:52 AM
She doesn't have good taste either. She's a little sour

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:29:18 PM
I personally think the deleted scenes are better for AOTC than for TPM, really in the TPM the only one that was cool was the Waterfall, the others were boring. I really want to see the two with Dooku (they sound cool) and the one with the Mace and Obi-Wan talking we are suppose to see more of the Jedi Starfighters. Of course we get more Natalie :)
As far as the additions to databank well these scenes were in the novel so you can look at as canon (I think they have said scenes in the novel are canon unless they are contradicted by the movie).

Tyreal Dalarsco
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:09:41 PM
I'm not getting the DVD until EPIII comes out so I can get the Box Set.

Jamel Croko'yn
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:06:20 PM
For the fact that its data and a few could be used in later situations. Such as the location on Naboo with Padme's family probably will be elobrated on when Padme dies and passes away. She'll probably be around there in the next movie. Also it was made to make a larger spectrum of advertisment for the DVD and those who go to the site..