PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Sunset in Arcan IV....

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:10:14 AM
Just a comment - I've noted a very bad lack of co-orination with this thread. We should have been communicationg here and deciding strategy OOC, combining all our resources to properly shunt off the attack.

Thence, could I request those in the thread looking for something to do, could you for a first step rally to me? I will personally deal with Millard (we have OOC arraged it), but I will need others to deal with for the short term Hobgoblin and a few other Dark Jedi running around unopposed I'd also ask that if you have been concerned in joining in, use this rally to drop in.

The situation isnt good, but with an intelligent counter-strike, we can give the Black Hand somthing to think about.

Lillian Snow
Oct 24th, 2002, 07:58:35 AM
I have not been following the thread...who is there to challenge?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:18:00 AM
Well, I just got started with Evelyn. I need to know where you are, where I am, and where Hob is. I really suck with locations in this thread.

Sene Unty
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:40:57 AM
Yeah the locations of everyone has really thrown me off. I was in front of the LQ preparing for Hobs arrival so that I could try to stop him....I will help you Helenias if you tell me where Hob is.....

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:21:07 AM
Someone should help Kelt fighting Nupraptor.

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:31:00 AM
I'll get on that.

And Helen, you should edit to acknowledge Sorsha's post, I think.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:15:36 PM
Originally posted by Helenias Evenstar
The situation isnt good, but with an intelligent counter-strike, we can give the Black Hand somthing to think about.

So the situation aint good, eh? Perhaps this would be a good time for Yog to jump in.. :evil

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:39:55 PM
Well, I could retrieve one of my Padawans. MAybe it be time for Jackie Chan to do something for once.

Now, where the hell is everybody? Who wants a hand the most?

Kelt Simoson
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:40:14 PM
Yeah Kelts already knocked out on the deck from a electricity bolt...im completely defencless:(

Ill get Hrolthar and co in to do a bit of DWARF-PoWER! also...

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 25th, 2002, 06:40:18 AM
And Helen, you should edit to acknowledge Sorsha's post, I think.

:huh

I thought I did. I also realised what it could look like and posted an explaination. If I wasnt being fair, I'd be happy to change, but I believe I was - abeit not making clear enough what exactly I was wearing in my first post, even if I did allude and hint I was. I do however, I might add, have a reputation for going into fights with Imperial armour on.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:30:30 AM
Weeee!!! I got a dwarf on my team! I guess Hob will be my next target once we take ouy Evelyn, but I suppose Hrothlar and I will have to make an agreement on that, or just go our separate ways. Can anyone make a list of all the Black Hand, and which ones are being taken care of? I'm pretty sure we are forgetting about one or two...

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:05:14 AM
Helenias - Sorsha might not know that tho. The imperial armor thing

Nupraptor
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:15:13 AM
Kelt: Didn't mean to take you completely out of the fight quite so easily. But if someone else would like to jump in and try to stop me, that'd be cool. Otherwise, I'm going to continue to kill the weak and defenseless.

And yes, I have access here under another account. So it's not like I'm invading your people's privacy. :p

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:39:24 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
So the situation aint good, eh? Perhaps this would be a good time for Yog to jump in.. :evil

Bring it on, Muppet-boy. Hob's waiting. :)

And just to let people know, Hob is currently about 2/3 of the way to the GJO building from his initial starting point. I think that's a distance of about ten to twelve city blocks.

And yes, I too, have access here under my Pierce Tondry character, but I could not resist posting to this as Hob. :)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Oct 25th, 2002, 05:55:31 PM
Im completly lost in that thread and unless someone finds me something to do I aint replying to it nemore o_O....

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 25th, 2002, 06:23:55 PM
Hob, you are taking a most notible pleasure in taking on Muppet Boy and She-Elf. Which hereby convinces me Hob is a nutcase, cause no-one else would think that!

:mneh

Liam Jinn
Oct 25th, 2002, 06:46:42 PM
I'm off playing with LD, might be busy for awhile..:)

Estelle Russard
Oct 26th, 2002, 06:24:52 PM
Estelle has challenged Ebon Dir - but I must admit, the Jedi appear to be scrambling all over the place. This is not a criticism, this actually is quite realistic given the nature of this unexpected attack

(I get so lost in these huge threads, oiy).

Anyway, I think a rally point as Helenias suggests is a good idea. Somehow via the force united we should coordinate an attack or a defence to hinder the BH and make them come to us to disband it, in order to snag up their further advancements on the city. Make ourselves the targets, rather than the civilians type thing.

?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 26th, 2002, 06:47:55 PM
Just pick a single target and things are pretty simple.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:31:23 PM
Marcus: Well, what can I say? I'm on a roll, and I love a good challenge.

I have to admit, Hob vs. Yog has always been a fantasy fight of mine. :)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:12:10 PM
I think you need to get out more :p

Pierce Tondry
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:52:50 PM
... said the Counterstrike addict. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:44:07 PM
Advantage : Tondry

:lol

Morgan Evanar
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:43:13 PM
Zing.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:06:09 AM
Just pick a single target and things are pretty simple.

Agreed. Pick a point and draw the Black Hand to it, with all the Jedi as well. Right now I have set myself to follow Hob.

Upwind of him of course.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 1st, 2002, 10:24:10 AM
Hey, that's not fair! Hob bathes! Regularly, even!

You'll live to regret this!

(Oh, damn, now I sound like the homocidal maniac.)

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 1st, 2002, 10:57:52 AM
Evelyn got away from me, and I am stuck fighting X amount of strange NPC henchmen. I killed 2 in one of my posts. Would it be God-moiding to say that Wei took them all out in his next post?

Kelt Simoson
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:16:34 PM
How Evelyn just conjured 3 shadow spirits and glaided off to me is beyonde me..but thats just from my stand point...

James Prent
Nov 2nd, 2002, 02:58:23 AM
:wave hi Liam! Post! LD is waiting for you...says....um...a little birdy who just told me. yeah. :D

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 04:21:50 AM
Spread the word around - I've issued a challenge to Millard to be out the front of the GJO building. Try to make your opponents come to that spot, to stop more innocents dying and bring the point of focus to us.

If you would agree, we engineer a face off - TBH on one side of the street, GJO on the other.

James Prent
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:18:10 PM
Sounds like a John Wayne movie.

Wait a minute, I know how this movie ends..the bad guys get shot to pieces!! *makes sure there are no convienently places kegs of dynamite behind LD* ^_^;

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 05:32:34 PM
*makes sure there are no convienently places kegs of dynamite behind LD*

Now there is a good idea..... :angel

Yes, a western face off. Exactly - with wind blowing a scrap of paper between the silent combatants before they get stuck into each other.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:35:33 PM
I have no idea where you got snipers from, but there is no NRSF presence on Arcan, and hasn't been one for months.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:53:05 PM
I have no idea where you got snipers from, but there is no NRSF presence on Arcan, and hasn't been one for months.

Two posts up Morgan. Already said there was no NRSF presence. But I would imagine there is still a very good standing army / navy of some size we can NPC or even PC that would allow my threat to Millard to be reality.

And if there isn't - I question the sanity of the Jedi and leaders of Arcan.

James Prent
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:35:40 PM
The RP began at the very tail end of the Jedi's move to Coruscant, which is why there are any Jedi at all on Arcan at the moment, correct? I don't know the status of the NR's presence there at that time, but thats the time frame. Yes, its been months now since then, but this is a long thread.

But Arcan IV already had their own peacekeeping forces before the NR got to them, although they were very corrupted. I wouldn't say there was a navy, Arcan is in the NR, not a sovereign planet. Ground forces, or at the very least, police units of some type for the cities: yes.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:17:12 AM
Well, thr NR wouldnt be dumb - the Jedi are a very high profile target and a real lot of the stuff with the NRSF army and fleet - hell even rail guns - was set up for one purpose - make shredded meat out of such an attack. Tohmahawk knew the Jedi were a perfect bail to offer to set a trap on any Dark Side group. And with the Jedi attacked a few times before, they would be almost expecting it. Thence when they did come, you then smash the whatzit out of them.

Now even if the NRSF left, quite a few of their forces were taken from Arcan military and they would have stayed. I would also imagine that some top notch weapory stayed as well. You know also, not all of the regular troops and police are red shirted ensigns as well, even if all NRSF remains were removed.

And yes, I've played Devils Advocate already wtih Helenias two weeks ago and these are the points she needed to be able to have such in place...

1) Time - Yes, she delayed entry into thread

2) Locations - Giving herself a fixed location

3) A fairly hostile place to an attack - Arcan is that. In the minds of the public the NRSF freed them from corruption, the Jedi held the peace well - I doubt they will take kindly to an attack

4) Soliders and equipment - Arcan as I thought of it was a much smaller place. Others however say it is a much bigger place. The bigger it is, the more it can respond with. I would imagine if the Jedi hit Balmorra, something similar or even bigger could be ruslted up to respond with.

Even Jedi / Dark Jedi have limits. A hostile planet, out to get them I class as a GTFO senario (Get the F---- out). Even with a lot of Balmorra support, the format logically should be a hit and run before the response can too much to handle. With what the Hand are doing, it is more than enough to stir up a decent Arcan response.

So she's offering a stand up fight to save people or a war that would go badly on both sides. I would see the offer of the stand up fight being a logical one to go for her - it saves lives and cuts to the chase.

I can see a rather nasty trick TBH might use that I might go for. But I aint saying what it is... I'm bias :-p

Hope that made sense.

Nupraptor
Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:24:40 AM
Personally, I think just bringing up a veritable army and fleet out of the blue, and claiming foreknowledge of the attack, seems a bit questionable. But I have a biased point of view, since I'm on TBH's side in this particular thread.

Nonetheless, we have ulterior motives within subplots within plot twists. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:38:55 AM
Not foreknowledge - an expectation of an attack. Difference there. After all, didnt the Jedi end up on Arcan as the result of an attack? Planning for a possible attack is logical.

Well, it is to me anyway.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 3rd, 2002, 10:32:43 AM
So, I suppose Wei and Hrothlar have to track down Evelyn and then she is with a nother person now and lure them to the GJO building? I'll see what I can do."