PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Origins (trade arrangments)

Raymond Mosses
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:19:54 PM
At the Outer reaches of the system he had been sent to by a man he had inquired with as to prospective buyers for some vessels which he had in his possession he had no Idea Of what to expect. He was clocked and moving into the system slowly as to not draw attention. He had reached the planet the man had said was an outpost for a group he believed was called Shadowfaene. As disengaged the clocking device on his strange looking winged vessel and powered up his shields. His fleet had been ordered to come look for him if he had not returned in 3 standard days. He opened a multi band channel to hail the planet.

I am Raymond Mosses. I was told I could unload a stolen freighter here. With whom do I speak for such maters.

DarthHERA
Oct 26th, 2002, 05:58:24 PM
A man's voice, deep and methodical came over the transmitter on Mosses craft in reply.

"Change to secure frequency Alpha-Charley-Tango 228.65924 IMMEDIATELY"

This would bring the transmission to a receptor linked to SFF main security which would re-route to a encoded and untraceable reciever. This had a reverse-locating ability which would isolate Mosses signal and thus identify him and soley keep the transmission between the two isolated signals. This then would be re-routed again to a secured frequency and filtered so that there could be no eave's-dropping on the transmissions.

Once this was done - the communication was resumed.

"Who sent you, Mosses."

Raymond Mosses
Oct 26th, 2002, 07:02:11 PM
Mosses fallowed the instructions given him by the man. He changed the frequency and waited. A minute later a woman's voice emerged from the receiver speaker.

The woman ask him who had sent him. He was not sent by anyone. In fact no one sends him. He does the sending.

" I have been sent by no one. I was told by a man you might be interested in something I have come into possession of. "

DarthHERA
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:55:33 PM
There was a pause, and then the reply came - short and to the point.

"There is a bar called "Poseidon's Gate" on the outskirts of a small township at the following co-ordinates. Make your way there and order a "Long Tall Sally". I will meet you there."

The co-ordinates were entered and then the connection was closed.

Raymond Mosses
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:21:34 PM
The woman's response was in the form of an invitation. He entered in the Co-ordinates and gave his vessel thrust.
He landed just outside the town. He engaged the safety and defense systems on his vessel then began walking towards the town. Once there he located the bar and walked through the door into the establishment. There were various different groups of people sitting around drinking and engaged in general conversation. he looked around the room taking in every detail.
He walked to the bar. The bar tender approached him.

" Can I get you something? "

Looking around once again throughout the whole bar. Mosses turned his attention to the person behind the bar.

" Yes I would like a Long tall sally. "

The bar tender gave him a strange look .

" Ok just a minute. "

The bartender moved away from Mosses to talk to another patron of the bar. He turned so he could see the whole bar. he didn't want any surprises.

DarthHERA
Oct 26th, 2002, 11:18:47 PM
Hera got up from her seat, the bar tender moving off to serve his other patrons. She walked directly over to where Mosses sat, he watching her as she approached. No one else in the bar seemed remotely interested in the newcomer.

"My name is Hera. You were asking questions about certain selling of goods. Is that right?"

Raymond Mosses
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:06:56 AM
A woman got up and walked over to Mosses. He watched as she approached. He could tell she was a woman of importance. She had a look of confidence only a strong leader would have. She introduced herself and ask of his offer.

" Yes, I have come into possession of an Action IV freighter recently . I was looking to find someone who might need such a vessel. A man I meet in a bar on a planet which, I regret I can not divulge its location told me I would possibly find someone here who might be willing to purchase such a vessel. "

DarthHERA
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:47:06 PM
Leaning one arm against the bar, Hera looked Mosses over. Her face not revealing her thoughts however, but keeping such as would a sabaac player.

"What kind of condition is this freighter in, that you happened to come by?"

Raymond Mosses
Oct 27th, 2002, 11:03:41 PM
Mosses smiled at the woman. He did not know if she was interested but she was playing along for now.

" Well it has a hole in the top witch was cut through the hull. I have patched it but it needs the hull plate replaced there. Also has a few turbo laser buns on the hull, and some electrical damage but it flies. "

DarthHERA
Oct 31st, 2002, 01:33:26 AM
"Hmm."

Hera was taking her time.

"Well, I'm interested, but I'd like my people to take a look at it. Then we can talk price."

Raymond Mosses
Oct 31st, 2002, 10:25:23 AM
Mosses smiled at the woman. he had expected this, it was no surprise.

" That is understandable. My group is 6 hours out . I can return to my ship and send them an encrypted message to transit the freighter here . Should take roughly 8 hours for it to arrive. We can meet back here say in 7 hours then transit to the location outside town where I have landed my craft and meet the freighter there. Unless you would like it delivered somewhere other then there? "

DarthHERA
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:53:04 PM
Hera took a napkin and swiped the pen off a passing serving droid, which twittered "oh my!" at her forwardness.

Scratching down co-ordinates, she then returned the pen, and pushed the paper across to Raymond Mosses.

The numbers were the location of a small docking port on the northside of the planet. It had been run formerly by a moderate pirating enterprise, which Hera with the help of her Nemoidian friends, had taken possession of.

"Take the freighter there, Mr. Mosses. I will meet you there this time tomorrow. My crew will check it over before hand and I will advise you of my decision at that time."

She pushed herself off the bar. "The Long Tall Sally's on me. We will see each other tomorrow."

And walked off, leaving Mosses to finish his drink.