PDA

View Full Version : The Rivers' Daughter (OPEN)

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:09:54 PM
Tall and slender, she drew back the hood of her cloak to reveal fair skin, keen blue eyes and long blonde ringlets. She pushed her hair back behind her pointed ears as she stepped into the Jedi bar and grill. Lilya Goldberry was dressed in a long gray cloak over a green-silver gown that glimmered as she walked. A guard stepped in front of her, asking for any weapons she may have. She smiled softly and shook her head.
Her eyes scanned the crowded bar, spotting an empty booth in the back corner. She walked through the crowd, stepping lightly, hardly make a sound as she made her way to her seat. Lilya sat down and a small droid came to take her order. Her voice was musical, sounding almost like a laughing stream.
"I'd like a glass of water, please."

Xazor Elessar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:04:07 PM
A cloaked figure clad in black velvet robes made her way into Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. She passed by security without questions of her weapons, and then made her way toward the front of the Bar. Her eyes gently came to rest upon a figure surrounded by a soft glow....perhaps her aura. Smiling beneath the shadows the hood of her robes cast upon her face, Xazor approached the girl and sat down beside her, ordering a glass of water as well.

"Greetings young one...."

She said softly, taking a hand up and removing her hood. Waist length blonde hair spilled out in Garou Warrior Braids. The silver coins woven into them clanged together softly as they fell to rest. Atop her head was a wreath of braids and around them was a single silver wire with silver coins hanging around her head. She glowed with the brightness of the Light, and it could be seen relflected in the silver specks of her deep blue eyes. The Knight smiled softly, exposing her elongated canines which caught the light and reflected it as well. Xazor was natrually curious about this young being....she just was....different.....

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:15:17 PM
She smiled and bowed her head before looking back up at Xazor.
"Greetings my lady."

She looked Xazor over with her deep blue eyes and smiled more brightly. Again she spoke with a soft musical tone.
" You are surrounded by a pure light, my lady. It makes you shine like a star in the sky."
Again she bowed her head. She looked back up, pushing her hair behind her ears.
"I am Lilya Goldberry."

Xazor Elessar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:18:40 PM
Xazor smiled gently and bowed her head to the young girl. She was bright and seemed full of a happiness that Xazor could only dream she had as a child. Extending her hand for a greeting, the Knight smiled once again.

"I am Xazor Dawnstrider...it is a pleasure to meet you Lilya."

It was funny that the girl could see her aura.....perhaps she was Force sensitive as well, but the Knight would not pry or check for herself at this point. She would not give away the fact that she was a Jedi Knight either, perhaps the girl would bring it up. Smiling, she took another sip of her water and set it back upon the table....wondering about the young girl.

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:35:55 PM
Lilya turned and lifted her glass to her lips. She took a large drink and set the glass gently back down.
"It is my pleasure to meet one so light on this dark world, Lady Dawnstrider. You are a Jedi, are you not? I wouldn't expect one so light to be part of the Darkness."
Again her voice flowed softly from her lips, her smile still there as she looked at the Jedi next to her.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:44:49 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded, letting her eyes search those of Lilya.

"Yes, I am a Jedi Knight and Council Member of the Greater Jedi Order. Indeed.....our world is a Dark place these days.....but there are many beacons to stand against the shadows."

She said softly, eyeing the girl for a moment. Still Xazor's curiosity had gotten the best of her and she had to ask her own questions.

"You too have a spirit of light.....I can read your aura young one. Do you seek to become a Jedi someday, perhaps?"

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:54:29 PM
"Perhaps, Fate has flung me far from my own world, and here is where I have ended up. But I am not a warrior, although I am skilled with a bow, so I don't know how I would be able to stop the Dark from conquering."
She looked down at her glass, her brow furrowing for a moment in thought.
"But surely the Light has ways to fend off the Darkness....I would like to help, if I can, Although I don't know in what way..."

Xazor Elessar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:48:53 PM
Xazor smiled and shook her head as her eyes grew more gentle than before.

"One does not need to be a Warrior to conquer the Darkness. One can be a Warrior of the Light in many other ways too, young one. Weapons are only your aid, they will not get you out of a situation. The Force.....that is your ally and that shall help you fend off the Darkness. The Jedi have a peace about them and a love for others....we do not seek to kill or hurt....we seek peaceful ways to fight the shadows."

She said softly, thinking about how much her views had changed since she had come to the Jedi Order so long ago. Time had gone by so quickly but through all of her trials, it was true, the Force stayed with her....strong within her soul and somehow, standing by her side.

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:31:40 PM
She looked up at the Jedi knight, smiling at her words.
"What is The Force? I have only heard whispers about it, but I have never seen it used before. I'm sure that the Jedi use peaceful ways to fight, but I doubt very much that the Darkness uses similar methods."
She sat back and sighed, her hair again falling forward. She lifted a hand and pushed it gently back behind her pointed ears. She gave a quick glance around the bar, hoping to see if there were others like herself, or ones like Xazor, about.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:52:35 AM
Xazor smiled gently and looked about the room, then let her eyes fall upon the glass of water before her. With her mind she focused on the water inside the glass, then raised it up using the Force. No one could visibly see that she was doing anything at all, and that was how she wanted it. As the water left the glass, the Knight floated it across the room and let it hang above the bartenders head....then she let it go all over him! Giggling to herself, she quickly returned her attention back to Lilya.

"That is one of the many uses of the Force...."

She laughed to herself but was shocked when Avolon came over with a scowl upon his face. Xazor surpressed a laugh at the wet man and bowed her head in greeting.

"You look like you could use a towel....."

With a grin, the Knight focused on the molecules around the man, slowly moving them with her mind at first, then making them move faster, rotating around each other and creating heat. It became quite warm as a whirwind of invisible heat evaporated the water from his hair and skin. In just a moment's time, the bartender was all dry and a smile was upon Xazor's face. He looked at her for a moment before shaking his head and laughing, returning to his job.

"And again, you see the Force at work. The Force is an energy field that flows through all things.....you, me, the trees, the rocks...everything. It binds the galaxy together and holds all things in place and makes them work in accord with eachother. Indeed, the Jedi use it for Peace and helping others....but the Darksiders use it for evil and to fulfill their own wishes. We are a people of peace who focus on love, joy, peace and patience while the Dark Ones love chaos, hatred, anger, malice and impatience. Such things we stay away from....we teach this to our Padawans during their first lessons."

Pausing Xazor smiled to herself, noting the girl's pointy ears. Smiling and exposing her elongated canines, Xazor made a silent exchange between them that neither were human. She smiled once again and looked about the room....thinking about Dasquian and how she had seen these features upon he an others at the Order.

"I know of a few like you....ya know. Do you happen to speak a second language?"

It was not a means to change the subject, but Xazor was naturally curious, especially to one she was familiar with by way of having lived with others of her kind. This young girl was quite interesting indeed....

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:27:19 AM
She watched the water float in the air wide-eyed, her mouth opening slightly in amazement. The water then fell on the bartenders head! Lilya put a hand over her mouth, muffling a giggle.
She watched as some unseen force dried the man, grinning at him as he went back to work. She listened to Xazor speak about the Force intently before speaking.
"The Force sounds like a power thing, and the Jedi's beliefs are very similar to my own...." A small smile crossed her face when Xazor asked her about another language and others like her.
"Lle ume quel mellonamin." She said, pointing to the bartender and laughing softly."It's good to hear there are others like me who are on the side of the Light. Perhaps I will meet them while I am here."

Xazor Elessar
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:40:50 AM
"Diola lle..."

She giggled once again as she watched Avolon turn around and give her another one of his looks. Smiling with satisfaction, Xazor nodded and turned to face Lilya once again.

"Oh yes.....I will introduce you to others of your kind while you're here. You said that the Jedi share beliefs close to yours.....yes?"

Thinking for a moment, the Knight smiled to herself with a hint of joy upon her features.

"Have you ever thought about becomming a Jedi?"

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:53:02 AM
Lilya's eyes widened again for a brief second, and she shook her head.
"No, I have not...Although, I may have to consider it. The Jedi seem like a place where I would belong, where I could do my best to help others and share the warnth and joy that the Light brings. But do you think the Jedi would have me?"

Xazor Elessar
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:55:52 AM
Xazor nodded gently and smiled once again.

"Oh yes! The Jedi would love to have you! Besides, you have a good heart....you just seem like one that would become a Jedi someday in their life. It's the path to the truth.....the path of the Light. I would not have ever asked for anything else!"

She said with joy as a smile lit up her face. The Knight was truly happy to be sharing the life of Light with another.....hoping to show her this new path....

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:10:49 AM
Lilya took another sip of her water, thinking. She certainly did enjoy being here, enjoyed the feel of this place and she honestly couldn't think of any other paths she could, or would take.
"I think I would like to be a Jedi then. There is no other path I would take."
She smiled widely, her face lighting up at her decision.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:13:32 AM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded, today the suns shined down upon this young girl and the choice she had made.

"I should like to accept you to the Order then....and train you....if you will have me...."

She said softly, wondering if Lilya would like that.....Xazor hoped so...

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:25:21 AM
"Diola lle. And of course I would love to be trained by you. I wouldn't have it any other way."

She smiled and then laughed, a sound that was like water in a bubbling brooke. "Now that I am your student, what do we do now?"

Xazor Elessar
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:31:01 AM
Xazor smiled gently upon her new student.

"Well my Padawan.....we begin training.....but not before you have a tour of this place and you meet some people!"

The Knight was even excited about this....she had not taken a new student in a long time....

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:37:40 AM
She stood, her cloak and long hair flowing down her back. She bowed to her new teacher.
"I would like that, you will have to show me the way."

She clasp her hands together in front of her and waited.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 24th, 2002, 11:57:22 AM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded, rising from her seat along with her student.

"Yes, we shall go now...."

She said and then walked past the guards and out into the streets of Coruscant. The sun shown down upon the city this day, warming those who ventured outside into its climate. Smiling, Xazor waited for her Padawan and any questions that she may have already. It would be an interesting walk to the Jedi Academy...

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:43:02 PM
"What type of training will I have, lady? As I have told you, I am skilled with a bow, but other than that, I have had little training of any kind."

She drew her hood up around her face, shy of the looks from others who were walking past them on the street. She walked lightly and quickly, matching Xazors' pace. She was anxious to meet the other Jedi, to see where she would be trained.
" I'm to guess that there is a Jedi community on this planet?"

Xazor Elessar
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:03:27 PM
Xazor smiled to herself and drew up her hood as well to make Lilya feel more comfortable and not to stick out.

"You will be taught in the ways of the Force....and then I shall teach you how to defend yourself and how to fight with your hands and other weapons.....one of which is this kind."

She said softly, removing her Lightsaber from her belt and handing it to the young girl. It was a weapon of magnificence crafted out of silver from planets she had only heard of. Upon it blue engravings marked that it was hers in another language. Visibly it appeared as one hilt.....that would allow two blades of energy to extend from both ends, and it did. But this saber was special and hidden in the center were disconnecting plates and she could seaparte it into two sabers. Smiling, she let Lilya look it over before taking it back and placing it upon her belt.

"A Lightsaber is the name of that weapon.....the tool of a Force user. Someday you shall build one for yourself!"

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:38:16 PM
She nodded and took the saber gingerly in her hands, looking it over. She had never seen a weapon like this in her life, and she wondered how it worked. Xazor had called it a light saber, but she had no clue what that meant. She handed it back and smiled. Lilya looked up, taking the sites and sounds of Coruscant for a brief moment as they continued on to their destination. She said nothing in reply, but was quiet, thinking to herself and humming softly.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:56:58 PM
On their way they passed by many tall buildings. Xazor's eyes rarely went up to see them, but instead were focused upon the poor people along the sides of the street. So many of them were there and the Jedi were doing nothing to help them. Her heart went out to them now as they approached the Jedi Academy. Set ahead of them somewhat apart from everything else, was a large complex with many levels. The architecture was beautiful and the bulding itself was awe-inspiring.

"This is the Jedi Academy where the Jedi come to learn the ways of the Light. It is connected to the Temple, the Jedi Recruitment Center, and the Jedi Living Quarters. It is a big place, but you shall come to know it as well as the rest of us someday."

She said softly as the pair walked up a large set of marble stairs. Before they reached the large doors, they opened for Xazor made use of the Force upon them. Smiling, they entered and the doors shut behind them. Inside was a whole new world, bustling halls and rooms filled with Jedi....

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:17:37 PM
She lowered her hood as they entered the building, looking around in awe. The lobby of the building was huge, and she walked slowly inside, trying to take it all in. Jedi or people she assumed were Jedi were going about their business as she stood and stared. She turned to Xazor.
"It's wonderful! The Light here is wonderful!"
Her smile was bright and she turned back.
"What do we do now? There's so much to explore!"

Xazor Elessar
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:45:48 AM
Xazor smiled as a group of Padawans passed by her. They bowed and took of, giggling and talking amongst themselves.

"Explore! You can ask as many questions as you like and go anywhere you like!"

She encouraged as they entered the thick of it all. In the center of the inner courtyard was the fountain room......as beautiful as Xazor remembered in pictures. It had not been like this on Arcan IV, but now that the Jedi had rebuilt the Temple on Coruscant, it was back and gorgeous. Smiling, the Knight let her eyes wander about, wondering what her Padawan was thinking at the moment.

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:02:02 AM
Lilya was standing, watching the fountains and smiling to herself. She loved water, and the fountain was one of the most beautiful things she had ever seen. There were many other people here, their voices seemed far away. She was lost in her own thoughts then shook her head, turning back to Xazor.
" I would like to explore this place, see what I can find, who else I can meet, if that is alright with you."
She bowed her head slightly. "I don't want to keep you from anything of importance that you might have to do."