PDA

View Full Version : Finding a roommate, a step out of solitude.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:49:28 AM
::Azhure had grown too comfortable, had sunken back into the silent world and had started to talk less to others. Not because she did not feel comfortable, but because it had been a havit for so many years. It was time to break that habit, time to step out fo the circle of comfort. So she had taken off a lot of the decorations. The dark red light, the swords on the wall and put thm into the large cupboard. She owned more steel than clothing. The room looked whiter, brighter and clean. The other side of the room, with the bed put in was empty. Hours earlier she had put up an advertisment on the community board. male or female, it mattered not. Looking at the advertisment in her hand she shook her head, she was crazy, but it was something that had to be done.

Now she would wait until someone replied either this week or next week or whenever they did. Walking towards the glass door to the outside forest she decided she needed some air, this would be the last time she would be alone in this room, not that she minded company.::

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:53:27 AM
I had finally found what I had been looking for! Rising up on my toes, I read the notice again and grinned to myself. Someone looking for a room, and hopefully someone normal this time, not like that doctor guy! Brushing back a hand through my hair, I memorized the location of the room before jogging off quickly to it, eager to be the first to respond to the notice. As I reached the door, I raised a gloved fist and knocked on it twice.

“Yo! I’m here about the room!”

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:02:09 AM
::Azhure turned around as she was about tor each for the knob of the glass door. Already? Surely not.

Moving towards the door and opening it she saw a man, around 18 to 19 from the look of him, not much older than herself.
Walking backwards to let him in the room she nodded in greeting::

Come in, have a look at the room before you decide.

::She moved towards the middle of the room and pointed east of the room. When business came Azhure was all business.::

That is the bathroom. Toilet, shower, bath, the usual.
The cupboard on the right will be yours if you decide to stay, and there is also a compartment if you press the second button next to the light button. The compartment is stored in the wall and cannot be seen unless open. We only have one stand for the holopad, and the glass door goes out to the jungle.

::Looking at him she shook her head::

You answered quickly, I only just put the notice up a few hours ago.

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:05:35 AM
Giving a salute by pressing two fingers to my temple, as if to say ‘alright’, I had a peek about. The apartment was larger and more spacious than some of the others I’d seen, and the prospect of a hidden compartment sounded entertaining. Leaning my weight to one side, I looked out into the jungle.

“Oh yeah, I’ve been looking for a room for a while now, so ya know… keeping an eye out all the time for someone to bunk with.”

I ruffled my hair and nodded faintly as I looked about.

“You got a nice place!” I chimed with a beaming grin.

“I definitely like it!”

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:11:20 AM
Thank-you. Take a look around and decide. What is your name?

::He was definantly cheerful, which would be something very new to get used to. She also knew about a lot more hiding areas she had stored in the room, but that would be if he accepted the place. It wasnt a thing for people to know.
She smiled as she looked out at the jungle, one of the reasons this room had been chosen. The closer to nature the better. The waterfall wasnt too far from here either.::

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:14:08 AM
“Kurzen, but most people just call me Fox.”

I rubbed one hand down against my shirt, as it to clean it, then held it out to the woman.

“Good to meet ya!”

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:17:53 AM
::Azhure took his hand, wondering just how much energy this person had.::

Azhure Darkstone. Pleased to meet you Fox.
Welcome to the GJO. Who is your master?

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:22:39 AM
“Azhure,”

I grinned broadly as I shook the woman’s hand. She was very attractive, as it seemed most people tended to be around here, and made me feel a little nervous, though I seemed to be hiding it well with my usual attitudes.

“My Master is Zeke, yup. How bout you?”

I looked around a little, and showed my eagerness by adding:

“… So do I get the position?”

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:25:26 AM
::Azhure looked at him, something that was out of her comfort zone, he fit the criteria.::

Yes, you do. Move in when your ready. I will help with the luggage if you need a hand.
My master is Sage Hazzard, but he has not been around for a while so Navaria has taken up as mentor.

::Azhure looked around the room and looked back at him, a more friendly look in her eye::

Now that you have the position, there are a few more secret compartments you might want to know about, and should not tell anyone else. Precautions.

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:28:50 AM
I nodded at her first statements and grinned broadly, withdrawing one hand to punch it into the air as a mark of victory. However, I tensed up a little as I canted my head in regard to her last words.

“Uh… ok. Well I guess you can show me those once I’ve got my stuff... which is…”

Where was all of my stuff? I couldn’t remember where I’d left it! It was either on the shuttle I’d come in on, which was Salemn Lysce’s ship, or it was still in the recruitment center. Then it struck me – Salemn had informed me that she had had it moved to a secure location; some lockers in one of the quad’s of the academy. Breathing a sigh of relief, I wiped my brow with the back of my hand.

“… In a hold. I’ll get it now; you want to come with…?”

Pacing a few steps out of the door, I glanced back over my shoulder.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:32:57 AM
::Azhure walked silently, by habit, after him and appeared beside him as she followed where he was going. The hall was fairly quiet for this time of day, a lot of people were probably training. The hall turned into another hall and another room, it was obviously in one of the quads. That meant a fair amount of luggage.::

How much luggage do you have?

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:36:03 AM
“Not much. I had to leave behind most of my stuff on Lianna, ya know. Had to make a quick departure so I only took the bare essentials… clothes, a few sentimental things, and my droid!”

I pushed my hands into my pockets as I walked, looking at Azhue. As we corned into a quad, I fished a key out of my pocket and ambled over to a wall of lockers, looking for number 43.

“… So where’re you from, Az?”

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:39:20 AM
::Azhure looked around and her head to see who was around. Her head then went back to Fox as he said droid. So that was why his things were in the quad. A droid, hopefully it didnt make too much noise.::

I'm not from one sepcific area, I have been travelling all my life. This has been my first stable home. It is...peaceful here. And you?

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:42:53 AM
I opened up the locker on finding it, and just caught my hold-all bag as it fell out of the door. Rising up onto my toes, I spotted folded up body of my protocol droid and smirked as I pulled it out with a clatter and crash.

“Where’m I from? Lianna. Outer-rim. Quiet place mostly but Imperials have a big hold on it, not my type of place to be, ya know.”

I turned back to Azhure as I pulled my bag over my shoulder and took a few books out of the locker, handing them to my new roommate to carry whilst I lugged the droid up in my arms.

“Travelling huh? That must be kind of cool. I always wanted to do something like that.”

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:48:58 AM
::Azhure looked down at the books and hid a smile, he would be a talkative one indeed. She shook her head at his last remark and laughed softly::

Depends what type of travelling your talking about...

::Then with a smile back on her face she walked back up to the room.::

How did you get the GJO without a ship? You havent made any indication you have one. Also what weapons do you carry, I may be able to lend you some if you have none.

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:52:15 AM
As we entered the room again, I pushed my stuff up against a wall and let out a heavy sigh, thankful to be free of the burden.

“Uh.. well I sort of got a lift here from a Jedi Knight. I did have a ship but I sold it back where I met Salemn Lysce… the Jedi who helped me.”

I smiled, “And yup, I’ve got one weapon, aside from my fists.”

Grinning, I pulled the lightsaber I had been given by Hakob out of my shorts and held it up proudly.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:00:16 AM
::Azhure smiled, went to her cupboard, unlocked it and opened it revealing too many swords, daggers and short blades to count. She took out a stilleto dagger and an old katana that had never agreed with her hands, but she had been reluctant to throw away a good weapon. Perhaps it would agree with his. She only owned one gun, and was also reluctant to use guns of anysort. Putting the dagger and katana on her bed, she went back to the cupboard and closed it, locking it again.::

Here, take these. I have no need for the katana and the dagger I can make another. You may need to practise with more than a saber, the better you are at adapting the better.

::Moving over to the side of his bed she pressed the button just below his bed and out popped a hole in the wall with a selection of buttons on it. Pressing the first, another compartment below the bed opened up, a space big enough for a person to lay down. The second button opened another compartment in the wall, enough for two daggers, and the third opened a compartment near his feet. An empty compartment opened up, enough for three or four books. There had not been enough room to add more. Pressing the buttons again they dissapeared and ptressing the button just below his bed, the hole with the buttons dissapeared::

Got everything?

Kurzen Fox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:11:11 AM
“… Woah.”

I watched as Azhure showed of the gadgetry involved in her, and now my, room in awe. Mimicking what she’d done, I emptied out my clothes, books and other apparel into the fitting places, leaving the daggers to last. With a keen eye I inspected them and wondered what use a Jedi would have for such violent weapons, but was none the less pleased with them.

“Thanks Az! Really appreciate it. Damn, now I gotta find something to give you huh?”

Pushing away the daggers, I rubbed my chin in thought, and then an idea struck me. From around my neck I pulled a thin chain which held a dog tag, with ‘Red Lions Elite, No. 5’ written on it, and held it out to Azhure.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:37:54 AM
::Azhure took it and nodded in gratitude.::

THank-you, you didnt have to.

::Azhure sat down on her bed and inspected outside.::

It will be raining tonight. What was your reason for becoming jedi?

Kurzen Fox
Oct 30th, 2002, 12:01:01 PM
I dropped down onto my bed and gave a big shrug of my shoulders.

“I used to work for this resistance faction… but it’s sort of been disbanded by the Imperials. I figure if the Jedi have the same ideals as the Red Lions is, there’s no reason I can’t carry on their goals here. Plus… this place is hella cool!”

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 31st, 2002, 09:39:37 PM
::Azhure smiled at his enthusiasm, and nodded::

Yes, it is. From what I have heard of the resistance groups then the ideals are similar.
Training calls but I will see you later tonight, I am glad to have you as roommate, you shall be an interesting person.

::She smiled and nodded in honour of his joining in the room. Opening the glass doors she went into her own thoughts, perhaps having a roommate wasnt such a bad idea after all. he would most definantly be a challenge with all of his energy.::