PDA

View Full Version : In need of a path to take

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:39:39 AM
i originally posted this in RPing, but i think this is where its meant to go

Kirrto idly toyed with the silver coin in the palm of his hand, and mused on his situation.

He had been left on Coruscant by his father, a merchant, and told to find work. His father had hinted at his getting a very dangerous job, which would get him out of the family’s hair on a permanent basis. Also one which would stamp that irritating ability out of him.

Ever since he had been very young, even before he could walk, he had been able to move things around without touching them, at first at random, and later with a degree of control. He could get people to do things for him by just thinking loudly about it, something which he had put to good use in the shop:

you will not check your change, you will leave believing you were dealt with fairly.

it got him in trouble eventually of course, when someone impervious to it arrived in the shop. The shop was closed down, the McKavitys were thrown out virtually onto the streets, and Kirrto became the bane of his father’s life.

A beggar approached him, asking for a few credits for a meal, so he spun the silver coin on the tip of one blue thumbnail before flicking it skilfully toward the ragged girl, who caught it gratefully, and returned to where she had been sitting with a warm smile.

He was suddenly struck with generosity, as a passing citizen caught his eye.

you will give that beggar girl at least half the credits you are carrying

he watched with glee as the man stopped, opened his wallet and handed the girl a handful of coins.

A cat purred against his legs, before leaping up onto the chair next to him. The blue-haired boy scratched its head absentmindedly, and watched the world go by.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:37:05 PM
Wei watched Kirrto use the mind trick on a passerby.

"You know, Jedi only use that trick when someone is doing bad things, like selling illegal drugs or something."

Wei held out a hand to Kirrto. "My name is Wei Wu Wei. I'm a Padawan at the GJO. You know, they could help you there. you could improve your Force skill, and maybe just make a good name for yourself." Wei held out a hand for Kirrto to shake.

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:33:53 AM
Kirrto jumped, a little startled by the man's sudden appearance, then stood, and took the padawans hand, shaking it.

"Im sorry, I didnt mean to break the rules... ive just never really been taught what to do..." he faltered.

he wondered what the Jedi meant, about the GJO, and if it was a good idea to go with him.

well he thought, laughing to himself i suppose it is something that will keep me out of my familys way...
and then more seriously
teach me to improve Force skill... so thats what it is.

he had heard rumours about Sith, and they scared the frell outta him. some half-remembered conversation with a Jedi he had met in the store, reminded him that if a Jedi didnt try hard enough to stay Light, they ended up Dark, or something like that... he didnt want to end up like one of those Sith people... maybe joining the GJO would put his mind to rest, and maybe he could do some good for once.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:02:44 PM
Wei continued on with his rambling. "The Greater Jedi Prder is apretty nice place. Everyone is nice. We have a place that most of the Jedi like to visit called Master Yoghurt's Bar & Grill. That's good eating, and a good way to meet people."

Wei paused. "So, if you want, we can go to the Recruitment Center just down the way and get you all signed up."

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 25th, 2002, 02:40:02 AM
Kirrto nodded, and turned to go to the Recruitment centre.

he had walked about four paces, before he realised he had no idea where the Recruitment Centre was.

He looked around to see if Wei would show him the way, a big embarrassed grin on his face. he hoped he didnt look too hasty.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:33:17 AM
"Come on, I'll take you. One thing I have learned to do is to sense other people's intentions. It's a great skill to have, but like the mind trick, it is a ksill that is easy to take advantage of. We'll see if Master Xazor is in the Recruitment center. She usually handles such things."

Wei and Kirrto walked down the street, passing a few buildings before they came to one with very large glass doors.

"Here it is." Wei opened the door. "After you."

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:47:43 AM
He stepped in through the glass doors, bowing nervously to Wei as a sort of thanks, before finding himself inside the massive entrance hall of the GJO.

his violet eyes scanned the room apprehensively, to see if he could pick out the one known as Xazor, but had no luck.

he wondered what life would be like, if he got into the GJO, whether he would have to pass some sort of test to get in... he looked around suddenly paranoid that there might be a Bantha or something horrendous of the like ready to attack him...

He snapped himself out of his neurotic reverie, and began to absorb every detail of the room. it was a pleasant, airy place, rather like the foyer of the huge city hall in his home town, only much bigger and grander. he knew that he must have looked like a tourist, the way he was gawping at the building and the people in it, but he didnt care.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:53:49 AM
Wei smiled. He liked this place. "It is a fun place. Master Xazor usually comes out of nowhere, usually from behind a pillar or something, although I am never sure which one. No matter how hard you try, she will always appear without you knowing it until she speaks to you."

"Just relax. The only thing you have to do to get in the GJO is to know why you want to be a Jedi. Master Xazor will want to know."

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:07:15 AM
The manic, worried grin returned to Kirrto's face for a second, and was accompanied by a nervous laugh.

he wanted to be a Jedi because he wanted to do some good for once, and learn a better reason for using the Force than getting more profit in the shop... but that was a useless reason!

he was also getting a sneaking suspicion that Wei could see everything he was thinking, and quickly tried to find a better reason.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:59:44 AM
Wei smiled. "Of course, if you did not have good reasons, then you would have never thought about joining the Jedi in the first place."

Wei felt good. He was finally in tune with the Force like he thought he should be. He knew now that he would have to train more diligently in order to maintain that constant connection.

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 25th, 2002, 10:12:38 AM
Kirrto calmed down somewhat, and waited patiently for Xazor

Xazor Elessar
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:10:58 PM
A dark figure stood in the shadows that surrounded her as her icy blue eyes focused on a lone figure that seemed a bit nervous, to say the least. Stepping into the light, she allowed it to bathe her features and show that she was friendly.

"Greetings young one....."

Her powerful voice rang out, sending a calming wave over the newcomer. She walked toward him and her red robes flowed behind her like the waves of the ocean. As she walked, her waist length blonde hair done up in Garou Warrior Braids, swung side to side and the silver coins woven into them clanged together softly until she stopped about a meter from the young man.

"I am Warrior Jedi Knight and Council Member, Xazor Dawnstrider. You seek the Jedi this day or you would not have come here......yes?"

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:18:11 PM
He smiled, somewhat awestruck, then remembered himself and bowed elegantly.

"Master Xazor," he greeted her, "I wish to learn how to live by the Jedi code, if that is the right words..."

he paused, remembering his town, overrun by Sith, who took what they wanted and left only ruins. the town had taken years to recover, and the deaths were still mourned.

".. I wish to protect."

Xazor Elessar
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:29:35 PM
Xazor lofted a brow, curious as to how he spoke his mind right away. She smiled and was glad that he got right to the point....it was those that had to think that worried her.

"Very noble are your wishes, young one. But you must understand, the life of a Jedi is not easy at all....it is quite difficult. You will be hated and hunted by many.....yet needed and sought after by all. Is this want you want for yourself? For taking the Oath of a Jedi is serious and not meant to be broken....."

She said softly, not wishing to scare him away but to inform him of what is expected.....

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:35:57 PM
He nodded once, with a sharp intake of breath, the tradesman's whistle that universally said:

"This is gonna cost... but it WILL be worth it."

The words sunk in, and he ran them through his mind, sorting out his thoughts.

yes.

the last word was spoken aloud, his voice suddenly steady, standing respectfully to attention.

"I will endure whatever I must to become a Jedi, Master Xazor"

Xazor Elessar
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:59:20 PM
Xazor nodded gently and smiled.

"Very well...then I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. You may find a room for yourself in the Living Quarters and make some friends in the Bar and Grill. Watch some students in the Academy if you wish as well. A Master shall be assigned to train you soon...."

Kirrto McKavity
Oct 26th, 2002, 04:07:59 PM
Kirrto's face split into a huge grin, and it was all he could do to stop himself from hugging Master Xazor.

Instead he thanked her profusely, rambling slightly, then asked the way to the living quaters.

upon getting that information, the blue-haired new padawan of the GJO set off to start a new life in the Order.