PDA

View Full Version : A rare visit

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:36:44 AM
It was nto often I came to the Bar and Grill now. I was busy - the new position in the Senate was taking up my time. But I still liked to visit the Bar and Grill, especially now as it resided on Coruscant.

A s a Jedi Knight, I was allowed to enter fully armed. And I looked about for a table to sit at. And someone I could converse with. With Marcus somewhere else, it was lonely.

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:42:36 AM
Diego sat alone, his solace found in a single glass of water. He took his napkin, dabbing the tip in his glass, and used the wet cloth to rub away a bit of accumulated dirt at his nails that he had missed in the refresher. He scrubbed until the issue was no longer in doubt, an then examined his hands again. Confident in their cleanliness, he reached for his glass to take a sip, and paused...

...he had placed his napkin in the water.

"Waiter...could I get another glass of water, please?"

Diego passed the glass to the man, sending him on his way...as a curious, dark-haired woman entered the bar.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:22:21 AM
Quiet night, there were a few tables to spare. I selected one, waited for the serving droid to up and take my order. A nice rare nerf steak, vegetables and a red wine. As I waited, I breathed out hard, looking up at the ceiling. The senate realyl was turning out to be every bit as difficult as I imagined it would be.

AmazonBabe
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:27:08 PM
:: AB rarely came into the bar so late, but there were times when she felt she need to get out for a bit. ::

:: She entered the bar, greeting the guard who let her pass with her lightsaber, and began to make her way to a small table near the bar when she noticed a jedi she had not seen in the B&G for some time. ::

:: Smiling broadly, she made her way to Helenias' table, stopping before the other woman. ::

Senatorial work keeping you up late these days?

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 25th, 2002, 12:20:38 AM
The word "senator" piqued the Lupine's interest, and he redoubled his attention from afar, as the waiter returned with a clean glass.

Diego leaned forward a bit, as he made it a point to understand influential people.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:45:42 AM
I looked up, somewhat pleased that a fellow Jedi had come over.

"Yes, very much so. It's a truly different life, much different to what I expected. Even starting as I am, I never expected there would be so much to learn. No time to really get the feel of the position either, it seems you have to get into it straight away"

It was also good to speak to someone honestly and openly and such, the words flowed as I expressed my feelings.

"But I was right to have reservations about accepting the position... the Senate is a difficult place for an honest person. There is corruption, bribery, deal making that simply no Jedi can take part of. All I can do is stay true to what I believe in and yet it makes enemies. All the factions see a Jedi on their pocket as a true advantage and many try to woo me. Just in two weeks, I have an Intray filled with deal proposals and scheduled meetings! Oh and an assasination attempt on my first day. Hence, I'm glad to be here and way from that madness"

AmazonBabe
Oct 25th, 2002, 02:37:06 PM
:: AB chuckled, sitting herself across from Helenias. ::

Sounds like you've had your share of a busy week!

:: A serving droid rolled over to stand next to her, and she ordered an herbal tea. The droid tootled a reply and went off to fill the order. ::

Well, at least your still sane. I've heard Senatorial positions can take a toll on one's sanity.

:: Her drink arrived and she cupped the mug in between both hands, savoring the warmth, and then carefully sipped the tea so as not to burn her tongue. ::

And it's a good thing your still alive, what with that attempted assassination. Did they catch the cooc?

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:45:38 AM
Oh, what a blessing this was! A sympathetic ear to listen!

"Busy week, indeed. I have to remember to try to catch some natural sleep soon and ot just make do with Jedi Meditation. I can tell you that what you have heard of the insanityof the Senate is true and then some"

I paused, for my meal and the wine had arrived. Thanking and tipping the staff, I took a drink, relishing the alcohol.

"Yes, we caught them. Marcus was visiting with his Padawan... he got whiff of the attack and set the trap off too early. I killed 5 personally, his Padwan got two others and arrested the last. Managed to get some information on who hired them, but not a lot. Marcus is backtrackign to seeif we can get a decent idea.... although I have my suspicions. Dear oh dear, listen to me prattle! I must apologise... I have been starved of normal talk"

I cut off a piece of my meal and took a bite. I now noted I had missed decent meals as well.