PDA

View Full Version : And now for somthing fun - Combat training (Oriadin)

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:31:46 AM
The day was here - now it was time for some combat lessons. Surprisingly, considering my own slant to combat, I had not really trained riadin in this. Now, that would change. He was much more skilled in The Force and would now be a much better student to show combat to.

Oriadin
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:53:59 AM
Oriadin turned up at the right place and on time. He looked as smart as ever and was feeling in good shape.

--Good morning Master--

He said as he walked in. He stood a few feet in front of Helenias as he took a slight bow.

--You sent for me?--

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:01:27 AM
I looked up and smiled.

"Yes I did. Combat training. Hope you slept well last night - I guarenttee you will tonight"

Oriadin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:13:44 AM
Ah, combat training. He'd done a fair bit of practise on this by himself and with other Jedi within the order. It was at one stage his weakest part but Oriadin had been working on it hard and so was much improved. He looked forward to seeing what else Helenias could teach him. He only hoped he wouldnt get thrashed, as he knew all to well about her ability for remobing limbs!

--Yes Master, I feel in pretty good shape today--

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:24:04 AM
"Good. Your sabre, please. Show it to me"

Oriadin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:33:47 AM
Oriadin looked blankly.

--I dont have one of my own, I always use the training room sabers--

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:07:07 AM
Oh frell.

"After this, your assigned to crate a sabre of your own. It's is one of the final tests of a Jedi - making their own sabre. It signals that you have the mind control to place the crystals and the other components. In this, I can not help you. It is up to you to make it for yourself. Well, be that as it may, collect a sabre and present it to me as you would in a fight."

Oriadin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:12:01 AM
Oriadin smiled. The test of building a saber was now close. He couldnt help but feel pleased with the way he'd progressed since joining the Jedi Order.

A more serious expression appeared on his face again now though as he looked over to the side of the room where the lightsabers were kept. He held out his hand and within seconds one of the sabers flew through the air and into a waiting hand. Oriadin spun the saber round as he ignited it, held it in both hands and slowly positioned it vertically to his body. There he stood, fully focused and eyes glued to his master. He let his sense drift around the room to get a feel for his surroundings.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:45:14 AM
My own sabre leapted from my belt into my hand and the deep red blade came to life.

"You may think that how to use a sabre is in the way you parry and thrust with it... that is far from the truth. To begin with, your footwork and your stance must be right. A strong stance that grips the floor well we will start with."

I moved into a forward ready stance, with the heels of my feet ever so slightly off the ground.

"Also, keep on your toes, do not be flat footed"

Oriadin
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:31:43 AM
Oriadin nodded and brought his feet a little closer together slightly. It would be easier to move now. Oriadins saber hummed and shone brightly in the dim sparring room. It was glowing a lush green colour and the light shimmered of Oriadins face.

Oriadin bounced ever so slightly on his toes. He was ready to move at any time now, and he was sure Helenias would make him.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 25th, 2002, 07:31:27 AM
I nodded, resonably satisfied. In response I took four steps back and dropped into a backstance, left hand out in front, sabre in the right held behind me, upright. Nowhere near a normal Jedi fighting stance, but one that suited my technique. Even a normal Padawan male would be more physically stronger, but I went more into pure speed.

Speed that even Masters had problem countering.

With my right hand, I turned the palm upwards and gave Oriadin a "Bring it on signal", with a slight smile on my lips

Oriadin
Oct 25th, 2002, 08:05:20 AM
Oriadin smirked. Here we go then, he thought.

He leaned back on his left foot then made a bit of a jump towards his Master. He lifted his saber so it was pointing upwards and at about shoulder height before he brought it crashing back down with a strike towards the legs of Helenias.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:41:25 AM
A little bit obvious and cumbersome - I simply took two quick steps back, allowing the other blade to pass by. But to be expected of one not versed in combat.

For now I began to circle left, swinging my body so now my sabre was in front, watching and mindful. I would let the Padawan make what he could of the fight first.

Oriadin
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:00:04 AM
Helenias sweeped Oriadin away as if he were a fly. This put a downer on the Padawan already. In one strike she had started to break her opponant down. He took a deep breath and focused. There was no way he was giving up, he would do his best and give his all. At the end of the day, could you ask any more? If you did as well as you could then you will never regret it.

He griped the saber tightly with both hands and came in quickly to his master. He pulled off a quick array of blows towards Helenias. She blocked them fairly easily but he kept comming. She was backing off slightly in order to keep a reasonable distance between the two. He made a high strike towards her head and as she went to block he ducked down and shoulder charged her to her right.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:21:51 AM
Even if I was a tall woman, it still meant I was shorter than the typical male fighter. And for Oriadin, I had been dealt shoudler charges before - the reslut was being that I stooped like lightning even lower, so that my shoulder was below his solar plexus level, reflexs sent a hand to grab at one of his feet, then as he hit me, I heaved upwards, throwning him into a flip so that he went sprawling behind me.

Once again, I stepped away, presenting my sabre en guarde and waithing

Oriadin
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:40:35 AM
Oriadin ended up on his backside but didnt waste any time in getting up and spinning around to face his master again. Now he was a little out of breath and feeling a little fustraited. Already he was running out of ideas on how he might get an attack in that would make her work.

This time he held the saber in his right hand and used the recently learnt force jump to leap over his Master and land behind her. He then let loose with an almighty blow from Oriadins right to Helenias's middle.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:55:32 AM
I nearly felt sorry for him. Force Leaping in a combat situation had to be used carefully - for retreat or to close in, not part of an attack. You were a nice juciy traget in mid air and even more so when you landed, unless you held your sabre exactly right. Thence just as he landed, I used the opportunity presented and leapt into a flying kick, over the attacking sabre and snap/spinning a heel to his chin.

Oriadin
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:13:59 AM
Oriadin was sent flying backwards and completely daised. He was totaly unprepared for the attack. He ended up in a heap lying up against a wall. His jaw was throbing with pain and Oriadin felt he was close to passing out. He was well and truly beaten. Helenias reputation was warranted and Oriadin felt hed give her a decent go but the truth was, she was leagues ahead of him.

H pushed off the floor with his free hand, not letting go with the saber in the other. Once stood he raised his free hand to his mouth. His lip was burst and bleeding. Oriadin looked toward the floor for a brief moment before looking back to Helenias. He raised his saber and stood in a defensive stance. His eyelids looked heavey.

He nodded his head in such a way asking for more. He wouldnt give up. As long as he was standing he would continue. His face was acheing.

--That all you got? Comeon, lets have it--

He said with perserveering eyes.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:25:56 AM
I could sense that he was realising attacking was playing into my hands, for Oriadin had recieved a hammering. Now, he was settling back and challenging me???? That took courage. I stoped, stood and saluted with my sabre, before bringing it to one side - taking up a true fencing stance, blade for now held low, body turned 90 degrees, one foot forward, the other back in a light stance.

The attack I made was light, but fast, two quick jabs up and down to test reflexes before I retreated backwards a step. The stance and technique I was using was for pure speed, for it was not my intention to fully commit - yet.

Oriadin
Oct 28th, 2002, 05:33:19 AM
Oriadin was still daised from the attack which had sent him flying just moments earlier and was a little slow to react to the blows from Helenias. He blocked the first one and had to move for the second lower blow. Helenias then retreated back a step and Oriadin was focusing as hard as his acheing body would allow.

It was strange. The more Oriadin focused on the force the less he seemed to hurt. It was as if the force was helping to numb the pain slightly. Na, thats silly he thought to himself. Probably just adrenaline.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 2nd, 2002, 05:20:49 PM
I took another step back, sabre now held in front in a slightly more traditional Form III ready stance. Not that I relied on any particular form myself, I did not believe just being proficent in one style - I was a Master of most styles. I was also practicing what I preached - taking a good look at the style of my opponent, assessing and working out where to take this next.

It would give Oriadin a much needed breather, or I was not intent of victory - this was a lesson. He had to learn his limitations and his missteps, to become better and more knowing. But not too much of a rest - no real opponent would ever allow that. Thence I double stepped, aiming high, then I droped to one knee, spun around, planting one foot on the ground in front, spinning my body and slashing at Oriadin's legs, setting up also for the expected reply.

Oriadin
Nov 4th, 2002, 07:50:55 AM
Oriadin managed to block the strikes with relative ease as they came in. Oriadin sensed that his master expected a strike in reply but it never came. Instead, Oriadin jumped high into the air and then pushed himself off the wall, and over the top of his Master. He landed a reasonable distance away from Helenias. He did it in order to get himself out from being stuck against the wall.

When he landed he winced slightly. A shriek of pain shot through his body. He wasnt in any fit shape to be pulling off that kind of feat to often. He would have to keep it tight, and keep it simple from here on in.

He looked over to the corner of the room where the other training sabers were kept. He focused to summond one to him. It shot through the air like an arrow into the waiting hand of Oriadin. He activated it and through it towards his Master, spinning as it went. He easily blocked it and sent it to the other side of the room but by the time she prepared herself for the on going fight with her Padawan, he was comming towards her with a mightly strond slash aimed for her middle.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:07:39 AM
He was learning - or maybe thinking differently. A distraction to commence an attack was a good idea. I had seen things like that in th past, so I was expecting the follow-up I stepped sideways and forward to meet the blade front on, ducking my knees so that my blade was forced to be perfectly upright. One hand came off the handle, thinking I was close enough to do a backhand strike - but saw I was a step too far away.

But there was another thing I could have done. And if this had been for real, things could well have gone badly for my Padawan.

"Hold" I said, my breathing still close to normal. "Watch as I show you what could have happened."

I slowly moved my blade, sliding it downwards towards his hands - and then moving my blade so it was obvious that I could have targeted his arms or torso.

"I woud have stepped and gone for a dismemberment or a kill - you would have had to have some fancy footwork and speed to aviod that. One thing you must do is never allow your opponent to come too close, but wait and pounce when the time comes. If you do allow someone to come close, make it a setup for a finishing blow"

Oriadin
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:16:17 AM
Oriadins shoulders sagged slightly as he breathed heavely. He then sighed slightly and nodded. Plain and simple, he was getting his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> kicked and anything he could think to come up with wasnt working. Helenias was far to experienced for Oriadin and he couldnt see anyway of beating her.

He let his saber lower and point to the ground.

--What would you do if you were in my position Master? You are obviously more experience and anything I try to do is easily swept away by you.--

She could tell he was disapointed in himself by the way he spoke. So far, hed gone a long way into thinking he was pretty useless at fighting and that so much more work had to be done.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:23:10 AM
"Well for one, just do what you did - ask questions. Your never going to learn when you stay quiet. Secondly, against an opponent like me..... I'd run. I'd run so hard but then I would learn and return one day. It is useless to continue a fight you are going to lose and a true Warrior knows there is no real disgrace in defeat - to fight another day is..."

<font color=red>

On another planet. I had a feeling I knew this place. It was a foggy ruin and we were running. I was reloading my Assault Gun, PIerce was occasionally turning to take shots with his rifle, while Oriadin was fending off blaster bolts with his sabre. I finally finished reloading, turing and firing in one more, blowing the head of a lizard like beast as it got too close. Others followed, I could sense them.

"What the bloody hell are these things?!" yelled Pierce, firing off another round

"Beats me, just keep running!" I yelled back. And run we did

Cave. I coud tell. Still running and coming around a corner, suddenly there was a black clad man in a trenchcoat with a gun in his hand. He had us all caught out, so intent on the pursuit of the enemy, we took no notice of potential danger in front. HE pulled back the trigger, the muzzle pointed straight at a suddenly wide eyed Jedi Knight Oriadin.... I saw in a blink that there was a fallen woman on the floor and there was a cry of pain from another woman not far.

And the gunman I also recognised. He was blind. He had no idea whom he was about to shoot. The trigger depressed more..

"LIL!" yelled Pierce.

"MARCUS! NO!!!" I cried, too late as the flash of the muzzle lit up the cave....</font>

"......." I blinked as I came back to reality.

Shocked, I could only stare wild eyed at the Padawan. By the Force, what had I just seen?

Oriadin
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:41:29 AM
Oriadin nodded as her master explained that there was no shame in running. Then she went quiet. He was expecting her to continue but she just looked blank. Almost as if she were in a day dream. He waved his hand in front of her but it made no difference. Then, suddenly she blinked, and stared straight at Oriadin. A strange look upon her face.

--Master, is everything, ok?-

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:03:47 AM
"Let me... sit down"

I had to think and to place this. For some reason, it seemed to fit in with a vision I had about the time Xazor gave birth.

This felt like it was before. Just before. The woman in pain, it felt like it could be Xazor. Thence....

"I have the power to see the future better than any Jedi, Oriadin. Sometimes, I see visions about someone. Some are weak, when the future is uncertain or unimportant. I feel strong ones when it is important or certain. I saw one... that I feel somewhat certain of. But in all the seeing of the future, nothing is definante. Are you sure you want to hear this?"

Oriadin
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:06:12 AM
A complete look of seriousness came over the padawan. It didnt sound like good news from the way Helenias asked if he was sure he wanted to hear it. He didnt take long to decided and simply nodded.

What was it she had seen?

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:18:35 AM
My face twisted. He was not goign to like this.

"Saw the future, about the time Jedi Knight Dawnstrider gives birth. You were a Jedi Knight. Pierce Tondry was my Padawan and we were running from something. It was a running fight that ended up in cave. In the cave we ran around a corner and we were caught flat footed by a gunman. Before we could do anything, he shot you or so it appeared. The wife of Tondry, a Lilaena De'ville could have already been killed and was near his feet. And...."

I choked on the last part, before forcing the last part out

"The man with the gun was blind. He didn't know whom he shot. It was Marcus Q'Dunn" I felt like my heart would break loking at the astonishment on Oriadin's face, I wanted to cry. What a terrible, terrible time was coming with the birht of Xazor's child.

"I'm sorry Oriadin, you have a good heart - and I hate giving people bad news"

Bad news for him? I was seeing my whole family being destroyed in a day.

"Your not the only one whom has heard something desperate. Marcus now knows he faces death at the same time. Dasquain Belgaric will face a choice that could kill him too. This... this gift of foresight. It is nothing but a curse for me!"

I threw my sabre away, put my head in my hands and began to sob. What else was going to happen with the birth of this child?!?!

--

OOC : Welcome to a roleplay I've got in the planning.

Oriadin
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:33:17 AM
Oriadin stood still. Stunned. He had no idea what to say. He was to be shot by Marcus? who was blind? Thoughts raced through the padawans head. He didnt know what to do. A fear Oriadin hadnt felt since comming to the Jedi Order suddenly came over him.

Apart from the sobbing noise, emulating from Helenias everything seemed still, silent and somewhat dark. Then, Oriadin took a deep breath.

--Master, if I may, perhaps we shouldnt get ahead of ourselves.--

He waited until she looked up before continuing. He swollowed and put the fear behind him, there was no need for it. "There is no death, only the force", were words that came to his mind.

--You said yourself that what you see is not definite. Im a strong beliver in fate and the greater good. Perhaps you were given this vision so we could be aware of what might happen. Some of the things you mentioned are still vague. This could simply be a warning to us.--

Oriadin put his arm around his master as comfort.

--Please, dont cry. We should be strong for each other.--

He said softly, and sweetly.

--

OOC: Sounds facinating!

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 6th, 2002, 06:44:20 AM
It was even then a few minutes before I could compose myself and right my mind.

"Thank you. Your strength will mean much to me, for so much loss I see happening. It's not going to be an easy time. But... I have to warn you now. There was an assasination attempt on me not long ago. It seems smoeone doesnt want a Jedi being a Senator - Marcus was following some leads when he had an accident. A flash grenade went off too close to his face. Right now, the medics say he will see again, but as of last week, he cant tolerate light of any kind - he is blinded for all purposes. And if you knew him, you would know he's not like other Jedi - he uses guns. If there is one thing I am certain is that some parts of the vision are reality already"

--

OOC : Oh it is, I think you will love it. I'm seeing if I can get you access to the place where we are planning this out.

Oriadin
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:06:34 AM
He nodded.

--Then we should be mindfull of our actions and keep in mind what you have seen. Perhaps it would be wise to meet with Marcus and tell him what you have seen.--

Oriadin thought how strange it would be talking to the Jedi Master, knowing that Helenias had seen him shoot the padawan. He had heard that the birth of Xazors baby would bring great difficulties to the Jedi Order but Oriadin had never considered being involved in such a way as this.

OOC: Right, thanks.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:36:48 AM
"Marcus.... is gone, I know not where. This whatever is to happen is alreayd beginning, despite the fact Xazor has some time to go before birth. I feel events beginning to move, I feel that there is an ending coming. And what is beyond that, I'm not sure. I wish I could see more and know, but that is the nature of foresight - you see bits and then you have to work out what they mean. With this... It has been always too clear for my comfort."

--

OOC : You know where the Lost Jedi forum is? Fear's Womb? look for a study. You have access.

Edit : Link! http://meras.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46

Oriadin
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:27:26 AM
Oriadin was trying to remain focused on the fact. He couldnt lie to himself, he was deeply concerned for what Helenias had forseen and he only hoped that it was some sort of mistake or that the future could be re-written.

--He's gone? Is there no way you can get in touch with him?--

Helenias was right. Already things were begining to unfold

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:03:27 AM
"I wish I knew how to contact him. There's much I need to prepare for - Oriadin, I have no wish to see these visions become truth either! But I feel that events are moving and have been without our knowing for sometime now"

I looked up at the ceiling, thinking and settling my mind.

Oriadin
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:17:04 AM
--Im sure things will turn out how they are meant to in the end. Good or bad.--