PDA

View Full Version : I have a Roleplay suggestion...

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:24:26 AM
Hi,

Would anyone like to join in roleplaying The Senate and all the facets that could involve? Politics, dirty tricks, backstabbing, negotiations, endless debate..... a whole myriad of possibilities. It's really an avenue of roleplay that has never really been explored.

And I like a good verbal stoush. Sometimes verbal combat can be deadiler than any sabre.

Flet Shoudler
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:25:17 AM
Sounds good. Flet has not done much as a Magistrate, so a sudden upgrade to the position of Senator shouldn;t catch me too much flak.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:35:51 AM
I dunno for Lion, but I've been thinking of making some char that's all "political" and is a backstabbing snothead...

btw, Flet...that's that dude from Big-O, huh?

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:07:30 AM
Could make for some interesting stuff for the Jedi who prefer not to fight so much (I'm thinking of Jubei, and all of the Anti-Warriors basically).

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:11:57 AM
lol, Jubei is good at ordering people around, though...he'd make a good NR general. Will this role be like the peacekeeper idea that some people came up with for Jedi a while ago, or will most of these senators and stuff be non force users?

Sanis Prent
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:33:36 AM
I already have 2 senate characters

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:40:19 AM
...it figures...

Flet Shoudler
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:52:19 AM
Yeah, Roger Smith. The Negotiator. Back on track. Where and how is this new style of Roleplay gonna happen?

Sanis Prent
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:04:45 AM
Yarg that was like the worst anime I've seen since Gundam Wing

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:30:06 AM
Don't hijack it, or Helen will slice all of our limbs off...including the important ones...like...you know...^_^;...

Anyway, i dunno what we'll do w/ a senate...will the reps just be for planets, or will they represent the different rp-ing groups.

BTW, Big-O was bad...worse than...(shudder)...hamtaro...

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:53:19 AM
Its just for the NR, I believe

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:34:19 PM
Quick, become senators so I can assassina- *cough* *cough*

Um, I mean..erm... :mischief

Tyreal Dalarsco
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:13:24 PM
Well, with a Senate, me and a friend of mine whos joining sometime soon will have lots of Bussiness.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:36:12 PM
Can I join the senate?:rolleyes

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:02:50 PM
As what an Imperial senator?

Peter McCoy
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:16:16 AM
I think I'll start a publicity campaign...

Vote Garrett Blade for Galactic Emperor!

Put the 'Nosh'" back into Politics!

On a less serious note, I wouldn't mind having Garrett masquerade as a senator and rocking the political kayak.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:25:07 AM
Sounds interesting.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:02:57 AM
It's not just for the NR - Cizerack, Imperial and other factions I would see being interested. I would think known Dark Siders would be barred from the Senate - I would view even a Jedi Senator as being warranting of suspicion and caution to be around.

(Yes and hijacking of this thread is going to be rewarded with a delimbing)

More ideas tomorrow

Oriadin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:12:01 AM
Id be interested

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:16:48 AM
lol, I called it...

:::Hides the limbs the Helen hacked off in a box:::

So, I dunno about Jedi Senators...being able to tell is some other dude is lying kinda gives them an unfair advantage...and it kinda goes against jedi principles about power.

Palpatine
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:52:32 AM
If you know the Lady Evenstar, power is far from her mind. She only serves the common good.

What a pity others dont.

:evil

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:55:34 AM
:lol

Sene Unty
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:18:43 AM
I am terribly interested in this idea Helenia.....PM me with some info when you think it up.....I really want to do this:D

Sanis Prent
Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:55:18 AM
I believe there was a an agreement forged long ago that gave the dark side a toehold in the senate >D

Dae Jinn
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:23:49 AM
:lol

Sounds like a great idea Helen, although I wouldn't be overly involved Character wise, it sounds interesting. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:33:54 AM
The Empire would not be involved in the Senate, at least not as a part of it. The Senate is the ruling body for the NR. The Empire can send ambassadors to the Senate, but having an Imperial Senator would do no good, as they would have to have a seperate Senate all together.

Everyone can be involved in politics, but not everyone can use their current character to be a senator, because that simply doesn't make sense. I'd make a new character for this, because I think its terribly interesting, but I swore off making new character last week. :(

:)

Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:52:36 PM
Ok lets make an Imperial Senate and send a representative to the NR senate . On our behalf. And when we attack them he can simple deny Imperial involvement.

I do not think Force users should have a seat in the senate though. Seems unfair. Unless You equipped the senate hall with Ysalamiri. Seems easier to just not let them have a seat. They can give guidance and go before the senate to issue any suggestions or complaints.

But riddle me this batman ,What problems will the senate be dealing with? What major issue or event can the meetings be about. Meeting to discuss taxes or normal every day hub bub seems boring. Sure the best part will be the back stabbing. But it would take some role playing in other areas to give the senate something to argue about.

Elections! That will be the fun part. take all the senators and elect a leader. Seems like in the end everyone will be dodging bounty hunters . A new leader every 3 to 6 months.Noone running it for too long.

Also lets exclude the Bothans from the senate. I hate em. call them all home and blow the planet with them on it.

Ok these are my suggestions and feeling toward the Whole senate thing. And I want to call the Mon Cal senator now.
Of course if no one objects.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:18:21 PM
The best part about having a Senate RPed is that there will be tons of NPC senators. :D

Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:47:29 PM
You mean more targets

Peter McCoy
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:34:37 AM
The majority of characters - to my knowledge - are force users. I think it would be unfair to disallow force-users, or even just force-sensitives, to be in the senate. It's like disallowing a person to be in something because they're better than everybody else. And if you say "Force users aren't better than everyone else" then what's the problem with them being in a senate? I'd really like to roleplay this as Garrett masquerading as a normal person. That alone has possibilities for a lot of backstabbing - Garrett is a trickster after all. His madness would lead to contradictions of what he says, and will allow other rpers to manipulate those words and turn the tides against him. Fun fun fun.

And you can't exclude the bothans - they're snivelling backstabbers too - the more the merrier. Live on Borsk Fey'lya! :)

(Did anybody else notice the Fey'lya-Failure thing with him?)

Oct 24th, 2002, 09:16:31 AM
Ok I retract the force user Idea. You are right people should be able to be any character they like. But I still dislike Bothans. Furry creatures should be cute and cuddly and stay away from politics. Ok Ok they are good diplomats. And not all are inertly evil like Fey'lya. I am just letting one bad apple spoil the bunch.
But I would be more then glad to see a Bothan in the senate. Give me a reason to hire an assassin. No wait never mind I wouldn't do a thing like that. It was the Amaran. I heard them planning it. Or was it the Quint? It was another furry species. I saw them with my own eyes. They were jelious of his coat.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 26th, 2002, 07:23:05 AM
I agree, Stella...you don't see Ewoks being backstabbing teddy bears!

Anyways...this idea could make for an interesting discussion if the NR and the Remnants ever go to war again...kinda like the discussion that took place in Episode 1, where the Trade Federation denied all that crap that was taking place and was backed up by their "financial" partners...

Admiral Lebron
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:59:41 AM
I do not think Jedi should be allowed into a senate. They weren't allowed in Episode one or two. Palpatine was only in because he was the Dark Lord of the Sith using his strongest abilities to cloak himself from the Jedi and still able to use minor tricks on people.

Taro Idol
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:23:31 PM
(This is Peter)

When you say allowed - you mean in-character? I think it's extremely bad form if, OOC, Force-users are not allowed into the Senate.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:27:32 PM
But the senate turned to the jedi for judgement on alot of things. Plus, since most of the people here are force sensitive in some way. Most chars here that aren't force sensitive are bounty hunters, assassins, mercenaries...not exactly senate material...:lol

imported_Firebird1
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:42:03 PM
Originally posted by Taro Idol
(This is Peter)

When you say allowed - you mean in-character? I think it's extremely bad form if, OOC, Force-users are not allowed into the Senate.

I don't think that the Republic would allow any Force users in thier government in a position that would allow someone to basicaly rule everything. Look at what Palpy did as an example! I don't see how it would be possible to do that.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 28th, 2002, 02:54:58 AM
Ya, they weren't Senators. They advised the senate on delicate matters and reported directly to the Supreme Chancellor, so in a way they "WERE" in the senate, just without the power to argue and stuff...

Peter McCoy
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:38:39 AM
I might as well as the question blatantly:

Is it alright if I roleplay Garrett as a senator so long as nobody finds out he's a force-user - like Palpy did?

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:09:26 AM
...Do the jedi know that he's a force user?

Peter McCoy
Oct 29th, 2002, 02:01:24 PM
The Jedi don't even know him, let alone know he's a force-user.

Sene Unty
Oct 29th, 2002, 04:25:11 PM
Then that should be cool.....though I am no one to make any desicions so ignore me......

imported_Firebird1
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:15:28 PM
:huh

Did I miss that train of thought?

Anywho.

Attached is one thing, being a Member of the Senate is another.

Sene Unty
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:23:03 PM
That he can be a member of the senate with a force sensitive character......wasn't that what we were talking about?!?!?!

imported_Firebird1
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:30:46 PM
That goes back to the Morals of the Sides involved...
A Jedi wouldn't do it because of Moral issues..

A Sith might be able to do it...

A Dark Jedi might just decide go nuts...

Silus Xilarian
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:04:21 PM
A sith would go nuts...

A Dark Jedi might be able to do it...

Though i disagree with both of my above statements, i feel they are closer to the truth....

Peter McCoy
Oct 30th, 2002, 04:28:25 AM
And then there's Garrett!

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 30th, 2002, 07:36:40 AM
...things kept secret rarely work out for long IC. You have to post that you can read others thoughts, otherwise it seems like godmoding.

Eventually, everybody will know and somebody will RP that they found out about your abilities. Especially with Jedi Advisors, because if Garrett can read thoughts, there can't be an Ysalamiri in the chambers, which means that any half-decent jedi will be able to detect a probe...

Taro Idol
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:51:21 AM
Palpatine managed to fool Yoda in the movie. I'm sure Garrett can pull it off for the sake of having fun! :)

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:59:49 AM
We don't quite know that...it won't be known whether he fooled the Order until the release of Episode III....as for now, it looks like he fooled 'em...but...

imported_Firebird1
Oct 30th, 2002, 12:06:40 PM
Originally posted by SilusXilarian
A sith would go nuts...

A Dark Jedi might be able to do it...

Though i disagree with both of my above statements, i feel they are closer to the truth....

Only to the untrained eye.....

After all, not all the Sith are busy....

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2002, 03:16:57 PM
Leia Solo was chief of state and a Senator, even though she never really trained, she was Jedi.

Also, Palpatine was obviously Dark side and force Adept, and part of the Senate, and later the Emperor of COURSE.

I don't see the problem with Jedi/Sith senators. Jedi would be known IC of course, but Dark Jedi/Sith would have to be trained in 'hiding' and/or Force masking, cloaking, in order for their abilities to go unnoticed. Palpatine was in the Senate for a LONG time and no one even suspected him.

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Oct 30th, 2002, 03:23:09 PM
I would say leia is more a force adept then a Jedi since she is untrained.

I could bring one of my charcter into a politcal life but he is also a big business man so that might interfer.

Flet Shoudler
Oct 30th, 2002, 06:37:52 PM
What are we waiting for? Let's get started! Someone make the thread or whatever and drop a link! (craves action)

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 31st, 2002, 05:47:31 AM
...but, to cancel force abilities, we'd need Ysalimiri. And with Ysalimiri, all masking techniques don't work...soooooo.....

Senator Iklesha
Oct 31st, 2002, 10:11:25 AM
Ok I have my senate member . Lets have a meeting . Im ready when everyone else is .

Sene Unty
Oct 31st, 2002, 02:06:17 PM
I want to go to.....lets get this started!! :D