PDA

View Full Version : Staff members...

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 21st, 2002, 09:46:01 PM
There has been a banning. Gue has been dismissed and any name we can find of his. Basically, Morgan and I have had totally and completely enough of his antics. He was one step away from banning and if you see the Group Moderators forum, his offence this time was minor, but quite honestly, he has abused systematically the rules and trusts of posters over a great deal of time.

We ave given him chances to change, but over three years he has not. Others have been banned for far less over time, thence Morgan and I believe it is time to dismiss Gue.

I would not e this is not a decision taken lightly as this is the first banning for a very long time. GJO is very lenient in it's rules and is open to al, but I personally believe Gue is not the sort who belongs in this community any longer.

And I suppose the Shrine will howl... baiscally, take no nonsense from them. refer any complaints on this to Morgan. Gue should have been marched a long time ago.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 21st, 2002, 09:47:22 PM
My policy stands absolutely in this manner. Ignore any complaint and offer my profile.

Figrin D'an
Oct 22nd, 2002, 12:51:51 AM
Well... I'll go along with the decision, but I think it would have been preferable if the rest of the GJO staff had been consulted before a final decision was made.

But... whatever... it's done.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:18:10 PM
Have to concur with Fig-man because we still haven't decided what to do with Gue yet for the entire board....

Morgan Evanar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:04:21 PM
GJO is seperate from the rest of the boards in terms of policy.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:28:48 PM
Yes. I know. But ... ya jumped the gun and didn't let the entire staff know. What I said last was kinda one of those afterthought tag alongs

Figrin D'an
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:09:52 PM
yeah... Navaria makes a good point. There have been instances in the past were mods/admins have been a little too quick to the draw on doling out punishment. Its better if we all can be in on these kind of decisions and stand on a united front, saying that the punishment was made by "The Staff," not just by "Mod A" or "Admin B."

Morgan Evanar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:12:23 PM
For Gue, you can either point at me or Mark. I don't care. Given his history, I'm surprised its up for debate at all.

Also, all complaints go to me. If its genuine, I might see it.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:19:51 PM
Complaint to Fewd - Board wide ban should be talked about with staff before it is done :p

Figrin D'an
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:30:12 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
For Gue, you can either point at me or Mark. I don't care. Given his history, I'm surprised its up for debate at all.

Also, all complaints go to me. If its genuine, I might see it.

We shouldn't have to point at anyone... that's the whole idea. It needs to be a group decision by the board staff. I don't like Gue that much either, and as I said, I'll agree with the decision, but it's the principle of the matter to which I am pointing. The fact that you don't seem to care is, frankly, a bit disturbing.

And what is with this "All complaints go to you" policy? I don't understand this idea at all...

Morgan Evanar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:52:32 PM
All of the other moderators get cried and screamed at whenever anything happens. Instead of everyone else getting cried at, they'll have to cry on my shoulder or scream at me.

A good example was MY bad idea involving a list of people you won't likely run in to trouble RPing with, and even though I stepped up and said it was my idea, everyone else at GJO got screamed at, and no one bothered to contact me at all except Rama and two weeks after the fact. Drove Mark to tears, matter of fact.

Anyway:
I'll share things with the staff as I get them.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:09:20 PM
For the record, I condone the decision to bann Gue on the basis that the warnings issued at GJO were more explicit than the board wide ones and due to the fact we have a tradition of enforcing board policy in a more liberal way.

I'd also like to mention, Gue has for a long time been one of two people being on thin ice as far as GJO is concerned. The other person is Soth, but we will have to wait and see if there will be any more 'inventions' from there..

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:26:24 PM
well, personally only seen one thing that gue was repremanded for... but that is probably cuz I am new and paying attention more around these parts.

Still, nice to know :p

AmazonBabe
Oct 26th, 2002, 03:43:05 PM
Well, it would have been nice to have a been a part of the decision making... :\

I guess whats done is done.