PDA

View Full Version : Re: Sunset On Arcan Iv

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 20th, 2002, 02:50:47 PM
Excuse me, but what on earth is going on in that thread??

Wei, your post saying that you hugged LD is totally bizarre. LD would have cut your arms off and eaten them for breakfast. You don't even have your lightsaber out to block her attacks...as you pointed out to me.

I am waiting for Liam to post, again, before I post. Check "Roleplaying Ettitqueiteiksdfjkk;;advs" which I can't spell, and try to understand that HUGGING LD IS GODMODING! Its something your character couldn't possibly do.

Kindo...appeared into the processing plant from no where, fine thats great, but Jibrielle and Liam and Lance and Wei are all a part of that senario, and so PLEASE wait for posts!!

^_^;

I like this thread, and I would rather it not become all crappy. Thanks. And this post was as a RPing moderator, but ALSO as a concerned poster in the same thread as you guys. PLEASE, let me post before saying you've killed LD or something.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 20th, 2002, 02:56:01 PM
o_O

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 20th, 2002, 02:58:04 PM
*sighs*

Silus Xilarian
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:02:30 PM
Im agreeing with LD on this one....

Silus couldnt even hug her, and they're on the same side....

PIERCE is still careful about hugging her....

Milivikal k'Vik
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:02:52 PM
Well, this is brilliant. I hadn't read the thread for a while, and I come back and um...

Um...

WHY DO SOME OF YOU EVEN BOTHER? PLEASE. ARGHGHGHG.

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:32:50 PM
Oh back off, quit givin him a hard time. He's got it bad enough. LD, wish you would've done this in PM or something. Now the whole world's gonna attack him...

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 20th, 2002, 03:36:48 PM
Zeke, this isn't just for Wei, so calm down. If the whole world attacks him, i'll defend him, don't worry.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Oct 21st, 2002, 04:51:02 AM
-__-

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2002, 09:49:22 AM
I edited the same post 3 times in a row.... This is stupid. Now I'm scared to post again. I don;t even feel like I can RP Wei in that thread. I'm scared to do anything now. If I chase after Jibrelle, someone will have problems, and if I help Liam and Lance against LD, I feel like I'll do something else wrong.

If I can get Wei on a rooftop, say and fight one on one, maybe then I can RP without 3 or more people telling my what is wrong with my posts.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 21st, 2002, 09:54:45 AM
People are just trying to make the thread comply with the rules and realistic, Wei. Don't take it personally, if it was anyone else people would still be saying something about it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 21st, 2002, 12:32:01 PM
Wei, you shouldn't have to leave the thread. Chasing after jibrielle is appropriate, as is also staying in the room and helping corner LD.

Hugging LD is not. That's all I'm trying to point out. Also, LD would be able to sense Kindo, had he given any indication in his posts where he was going. Apparently he forgot about the two Dark Jedi he was originally chasing, Slayn Cloak and Milikivk.

ANYWAY....don't bother editing, I'm just going to roll with it. But don't be surprised at the results. :)

Oishii Sakana
Oct 21st, 2002, 01:43:16 PM
Too late. I had to edit it anyhow. I was hurting people's feelings with my post. So, I re did it. No hugs, no talking, no nothing.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:04:54 PM
No offence Wei and Zeke but you two really need to stop taking things real personaly. LD was only trying to point out a few mistakes in the RP that she wanted sorted out before it went to far out of hand. And zeke the reactions you have when LD made this thread really not nessecery...

Posted by Zeke

Oh back off, quit givin him a hard time. He's got it bad enough. LD, wish you would've done this in PM or something. Now the whole world's gonna attack him...

If theres something wrong with the thread it should be brought up in OOC, if i had done something wrong in your thread Zeke i would expect you to tell me also...and i wouldent shout about it, i would correct it and apologise.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:26:11 PM
Ok, Seiken. here it is. I make a post. Someone PMs asking me to edit. I edit. Then someone else wants me to edit cause now my new post doesnt match what they want. Edit again. Third time, someone not like how I post, and that was purely because what I had said had hurt the person's pride. So, I was polite and edited the same post again. LD's asking me to edit was reasonable, sure. But when this happens, I feel like I can;t do anything right. I went from a decent sixed post to about a quarter of what I had originally posted. I'll try to make my posts so no one has a problem with them. But all the same, this hurts the self esteem.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 21st, 2002, 04:00:10 PM
Some really simple suggestions:

1- Pick one person. This prevents the multilocational insanity that you have going now. Really simple, really common sense. Talk to some people on your team ooc and see if you can't single out a few targets. TBH members generally don't come running to each other's aide.

2- Realize that you get your butt kicked when you're a new Knight or a Padawan most of TBH's members have been RPing these characters for over 6 months. Take your punches and roll. Doesn't mean you can't deal a lick of two, but you'll never get them accepted if you don't follow suggestion 1.

3- Stop whining.

You guys are outnumbered and padawans. The fact of reality, unless something extrodinary happens to tip the scales in your favor, TBH has won the day. Sucky? Yes. Sometimes the good guys loose a battle.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2002, 04:44:22 PM
Morgan you missed the point, I am afraid. But I don;t want to say it for the umpteenth time. I just feel really bad about this whole thing. But I have not made a single post yet that someone has not criticised. It just makes you not want to post. Someone can kick the crap out of Wei. Just as long as he doesn;t die. Or loses any body parts. Please, feel free to come and beat him senseless.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 21st, 2002, 06:27:24 PM
Wait kid. Read what I wrote again: you're covered in it, but it hardly singles you out.

Further: I don't like having my reading comprehension questioned. Please, unless you can specifically state this "point" is that I missed, don't make such statements.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:22:29 AM
But I have not made a single post yet that someone has not criticised.

Then realise what you're doing wrong by listening to what people are saying here, and maybe you won't have this problem in the future.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:09:38 AM
:/

Sorry for the delay in posting, I should be able to tomorrow night.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:37:39 AM
WHY DO SOME OF YOU EVEN BOTHER? PLEASE. ARGHGHGHG.

You call this a suggestion? That was down right rude of whoever that person was with that "M" name that is impossible to spell.

I don;t know if that comment was directed at me personally, but that is what Zeke was trying to prevent when he asked LD to lay off and notify me in a PM. My name is the only name she mentioned in that first post, and then a reply like that one comes along.

I feel like that quote was directed at me soley. I want to thank that person with the "M" name for destroying any will to RP in Sunset on Arcan IV that I had left. It took 5 re-readings of this thread, but now I finally found the problem.

I will not be RPing in that thread anymore. It's bad for my self-esteem. Have a nice day.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:09:28 AM
You get far too offend far too easily.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:45:22 AM
Either that or people around here are de-sensitized to the point that they don't care about anyone but themselves. It was still rude of whoever that person is to say that.

Katina Van-Derveld
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:02:12 AM
Maybe it was. But if someone's rude, it's not the end of the world. Try working any kind of public relations job for a while... you'll find that there are a lot of rude people in the world. Don't let it get you down.

If people are consistently asking you to edit your post, there must be a reason. Just try to use your best judgement as to what is and is not acceptable before you post.

Jehova Eaven
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:37:26 AM
Do what I do, Wei. Ignore them, tell them to shove it up their *curseword*. Its a fact of life that not everyone is going to like your whatever. People are entitled to their own opinions, but if they want you to edit because of their silly opinions then *curseword* them. They weren't worth rping with in the first place. I've said my piece, I'm out of here before the *curseword* really hits the fan.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:35:59 PM
I mentioned 5 names in my first post.

I do not seem to be able to do anything right anymore. I am withdrawing from that RP.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:47:34 PM
posted by Wei

I don;t know if that comment was directed at me personally, but that is what Zeke was trying to prevent when he asked LD to lay off and notify me in a PM. My name is the only name she mentioned in that first post, and then a reply like that one comes along.

What the hell are you talking about?...The mentioned about 5 other names in that RP Including Kindo who she made a whole paragraph for!, if you read a littlemore carefully you would see LD was trying to point out a few mistakes that she thought might be kindly corrected by you lot i dont think she had any intenton to put this down in a personol attack dude!

Taylor Millard
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:51:03 PM
Okay guys...calm down.

This is a content issue not an emotional issue.

There were some problems with a few posts in the thread that need to be/were fixed.

No one wants anyone else out of the thread.

So let's take a step back and calm down.

Milivikal k'Vik
Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:49:21 PM
When I wrote what I did I was very frustrated. I"m still very frustrated.

I find it very frustrating when people 14 years old and older can't follow simple posts, and can't learn how to RP after 3 months (or more).

So learn to swim. We don't expect you to be perfect, but maybe you could do things with a little bit of simple logic. It would go a long way.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:45:42 PM
About me appearing from nowhere...

1)- It says how I got there. I went to help Wei. Me and Jehova were done fighting, so I decided to enter your scenario. Get over it.

2)- I could care less what everyone thinks. I am tired of OOC fighting with you all. Kindo showed up, if you are a skilled RPer, run with it. Quit whining.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:52:41 PM
Whining? Excuse me? And it was not my intention to start an OOC fight with this thread, but it appears to be heading that direction.

You went to help Wei, yes, but behind you the power plant was destroyed. *shrug* My only problem was that LD was RPed in another person's post as having no idea that another Force user was in the building.

She's a MASTER. If she didn't know, unless you and Wei have a special link, he didn't know either. And if he did, and you don't, then she did too. Thats all. <--:p lmao did that make sense??

Oh yeah, and if you want to fight a "skilled RPer" then bring it. ;)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:55:32 PM
Learn to RP? You mean learn to kiss a**. Listen up. Say what you want.

When I RPed that hug, I knew LD could cut my head off. But I figured she would not. Wei was too close to get at him with the saber. she couldn;t hurt Wei without hurting herself. I knew that much. She could have done whatever she wanted. The hug was meant to throw LD off guard and upset her. And it did. But it upset her OOC instead of IC. When I had RPed the hug, I had thought about throwing in a headbutt as an after thought. But I didn;t. I knew LD would get mad and call me on God-moding for doing too much in one post, like she did the last time.

I'm know my bounds, O high and mighty of the Black Hand. I may be new at this RP gig, but I know how to write realistically. I refuse to let you walk all over me. And if I you feel I am not giving you the proper levels of respect, remember, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

You like treating me like crap? I can do much much worse. But we are going to leave that alone. Moving right alooooong.

Tomak Ohara
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:00:20 PM
Okay lets all stop this. Lets think about this okay. LD comes in bitches....and then causes an uproar. What started as a simple judging has turned into a bash fest. LD you need to think about others. Your not a God on the forums none of us are. We can be taken by suprise and sometimes beaten. Yes a master can be beaten by a padawan. It is possible. This is just writing. People outwrite others everyday. Most of the people here understand this. Others, not mentioning names, think that they cannot be hurt. Learn to leave rp here and learn to be unimmortal.

Im out,
Tomak

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:00:39 PM
Think about it LD. You are on Arcan, a place at the moment swarming with Jedi. Sure you sense us, but thats going to be normal from where you are at. Plus, you could have posted you sensing me. Thats not my fault.

BTW, no LD, that made no sense.:p

( talking to all who apply to this ) - Cowards hide behind there ranks.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:02:38 PM
Whaoh....

Okay everyone, deep breath. This is turning into a peeing contest, not a civilised discussion.

While some points are valid, taking pot shots at RP ability is strictly out of order on all sides. Eeeecccchh. I foressee this thread getting closed :/

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:04:20 PM
I must agree with Wei. It seems to be the so called ahem "Masters" have a problem with anything at all happening to them. So what's the point of rping. You don't see the newbies in here saying hey you cant do this or that. There are levels one should not cross, but my goodness, all he did was hug your arms to your side and all Kindo did was show up. Everyone does that in rps and as for "skilled rpers" come on I know they rp very well, all of the ones you say need to take lessons. What I think is a few of you need to take lessons on kindness and instead of basing them be helpful and In a PM so it doesn't cause all of this...

Severen Morkonis
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:11:48 PM
Err excuseme?..LD made no attemp to start a arguement over this,if Zeke aint kicked off on his firs tpost this whole mess would not have happend..lets get it right Maia...

Maia Tharrinn
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:14:49 PM
"eyeroll"

Levi Argon
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:17:51 PM
I think this thread is coming dangerously close to being closed by a mod or admin. If you wish to continue this discussion drop the attitudes right now, stop being truculent and awkward.

It is in my opinion that a Jedi Padawan suddenly deciding to hug a Dark Jedi Master is just asking for trouble and secondly, the difference between master and padawan status is straight-forward, masters are more powerful than padawans and when it comes to most if not all things with the Force the masters can easily sense what the padawan senses.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:19:04 PM
-edit-

Jehova Eaven
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:19:14 PM
I agree with Marcuss for once... close this and stop the grief.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:21:34 PM
Its called sticking up for a friend....

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:22:46 PM
KINDO

Withdraw that comment please. That was a deliberate provakation. Comments like that will win you no friends or serve any favours.

No more of this flamefest! Moderator! Moderator! Do something!

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:26:05 PM
But sometimes it really does seem like you guys never let us newbies do anything, or win anyfights. We really do feel that you are all trying to control us and that you have very large egos. You all just come across like that most of the time. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

Levi Argon
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:28:36 PM
Ok, Wei raised an interesting point which we can discuss maturely. Kindo, get out of this thread if you are going to make comments like that, same goes for anyone else. It will not be tolerated. This is a serious thread for serious discussion. Don't tempt the moderators into giving you a warning by continuing to be provocative and beligerant.

ReaperFett
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:33:22 PM
Im letting this go on due to Wei's post.

Kindo, calling anyone who disagrees with you a buttkisser only makes one person look bad.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:34:42 PM
Guess I better leave this thread because I am sick and tired of the Super-Mega-Masters never treating Padawans right. Peace.

Jehova Eaven
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:36:16 PM
I let you be on the same level in that fight Kindo, I don't know what you're talking about.

ReaperFett
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:36:28 PM
If you want respect, earn it. I respect Wei, due to how maturely he has handled things before. And Ive only spoken to him...once? Twice?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:36:45 PM
And so, I shall continue. Most of us are padawans or new Knights. Padawans learn. But, Padawans cannot learn if they always get their butts kicked. Allowing a Padawan to have a small inkling of victory is like saying, "Good job, Padawan, your skills have improved."

There can be no improving of skills if Padawans always lose.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:38:22 PM
I respect Wei also for taking it rightly what we are saying....respect man.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:42:54 PM
I know Jehova, and I appreciate that of you. I wasn't refering to you.

I apologize for my insult, I was acting out of rage. But I should handle this better, and so I will. I do notice how quick people were to jump down my throat...

I stand by Wei in this. I, not long ago, was a Padawan has well. I had to deal with this same issue more than once.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:46:20 PM
Apology accepted, however what i said on AOL still stands man.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:47:14 PM
Thats fine, and expected.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:52:18 PM
Good to see things are getting patched up. Disagreeing without being disagreeable is a tough skill to master. It's one skill that I practice everyday. Glad to see everyone getting along.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 22nd, 2002, 07:55:13 PM
I apologize to all for my negative attitude, and hope things will be alright. I know I shouden't have said what I said, and I just hope you all can accept my apology. Do yall?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:03:38 PM
I don't know what you said, but sure, everything is cool.

The hug was a bizarre thing to do, Wei, but I suppose not outside of what "could" be done. Hugging and talking for five minutes without getting your face bitten off? ;) Anyway, LD had knocked Wei on his butt, and I have ALREADY said that I will just roll with it.

Do people only read the posts that they want to in threads like this? :(

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:07:37 PM
I know that in big posts like those, I only read the ones that are most associated with me. In the case of "Sunset on Arcan Iv" I only read LD posts, Liam posts, Lance posts, and Jibrelle posts. The fighters and other stuff I ignored. It just made it all too confusing when I went to post. I'll have to read more carefully next time, eh? So, since Lance and Liam are ganging up, I guess me and Kindo will gang up. Or I'll find someone else to fight. To be honest, I am running out of options :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:15:07 PM
No I meant *this* thread. I posted that I would roll with what you had written, although you probably won't like the results of my next post. I'll write it tonight. But then everyone jumped on me, calling me egotistical and then a kiss-butt. I have no idea what you're talking about. Common sense and fair play is what *I'm* talking about.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:18:33 PM
Oh. I'm a little slow to get things sometimes. Ok, LD, have fun!

Sanis Prent
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:18:58 PM
I've not read the thread in a while (yes, I am in it...but I go crosseyed at big threads like this), and I don't know the present details involved, but I can offer a hypothetical.

A padawan vs a master will 95% result in the padawan getting taken behind the woodshed. Forget quotas, and forget "letting them win". Thats just the way it happens. To win against somebody who's that much better than you either takes attrition (IE, 2, 3 or even 4 padawans going against a master) or it takes creative thinking. I can't speak for others, but I set my characters up to have very distinct weaknesses. If you're playing tit-for-tat punch-block-punch combat, you'll likely lose against experience every time. But, there are exceptions to the rule. Anbira, for instance, has nearly total physical manipulation control. He's magneto on crack, and punch-block-punch is just simply not going to work against him, ever. However, he isn't very rooted in mentalism aspects of the force, and coupled with the fact that if some of his techniques are interfered with, they can backfire tremendously, it serves as plenty of weakness. Sorsha Kasajian figured it out in one RP, and completely dismantled my offensive.

So in summation...either overwhelm a master, or think outside the box. You can't expect to make gains in a straight up duel, so don't be suprised if you don't.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:21:19 PM
I have RPed here for over two years. Yes I suppose I'm considered one of "the old guard." But my character has *all* that experience, and I'm not going to ignore it, anymore than one of you would want me to ignore *your* experience. Now..I'm going to get fired for being online too much at work. Thanks.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:24:08 PM
Sanis makes sense. I thought the hug was pretty out of the box. LD get fired? No no! No way! Not fire LD, managers and boss men! You hear me?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:33:49 PM
:p I'm the boss tonight, which is why I'm getting away with it for now. bye, be home soon.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:49:57 PM
Forgive me for doing this...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WIPE-OUT!!!

Had to break some tension.

Leeloo Mina
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:22:14 PM
*reads*...:\

This thread needs some chickens...

Kelt Simoson
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:31:09 PM
The can you mean?

imported_Firebird1
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:33:55 PM
Originally posted by Ki Adi Kindo
Forgive me for doing this...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WIPE-OUT!!!

Had to break some tension.

I like this kid, he has guts..... Maybe too much, but he has them..

Anywho, from reading this I guess this was all some sort of anger-spasm that we have every once in a while when something goes against the way we want it.

There for I Summon the Can of WTF!!

Leeloo Mina
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:37:41 PM
I'm full of WTF... Am I good enough till the can gets here? :crack

Silus Xilarian
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:40:28 PM
Threads like this, involving many many people, all of whom seeking character development and continuence seem like the breeding ground for tension. While I think it is silly for us to get angry over, i cant really blame anyone for it, im just glad my "niche" in the thread went fairly smoothly (there was some debate on my end with someone on my side, but it was just a miscommunication), Im just glad to see that everyone is willing to settle down and handle this civilized :)

btw, im not trying to be rude, but some people might not appreciate this thread being hijacked

TheHolo.Net
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:48:07 PM
This thread has a RP tag and is against the rules to hijack. Lets stay on topic folks.

imported_Firebird1
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:56:56 PM
I'm trying to keep it on topic and inject some comedy into it...
Don't make me send some pizza to this thread.

Anyways, if people want their character to have some more development, please consider this. 50 people enter a thread and want to develop their characters in some form or fashion. Will they be 100% sucessful? No, it's going to conflict somewhere in that thread. And thats where the nagging starts...

Look, I'm not saying that character development in big threads is a good thing, but remember that there are other people in these threads and they are not your own personal characters story unless you close the threads.

*Dials a number.*

ReaperFett
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:00:06 AM
I did RP battlesfor 2 years. Aside from team ones and the occasional unique fight, I never won one :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:07:24 AM
I think one thing to remember is that everyone goes through the same thing. When you reach Knight/Master/Whatever, you're afforded more respect for reaching that rank and sticking in and putting up with what goes on as a Padawan.

Most characters will have spent their infancy getting whooped royally, unless they purposefully chose to fight those weaker than them. Still, it's hard to find someone you highly out match at this stage.

But believe me, if/when you make it to a Lord/Master rank, you'll want people to realise you're strong too. If not, what the heck was the whole 2 year build up of training, RPs, etc for?

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:22:19 AM
Yes, but I have seen some now left palyers who were total clowns, even after two years... and others who arrived and with a week impressed me.

Rank to me means nothing. It is not a barrier, nor is it a true indication of skill. The rank of Jedi Kinght is the first rank I have carried in three years occupancy here and yet, I have in the past been able to give Masters a beating. Simply, it is not and will not be length of time that accords respect - it is skill at playing your character. It is the way you engineer your situations and think your way around things.

I do not like the insinuation that rank = win or loss. I would think skill in roleplay detirmines what happens. A good roleplayer will deliberatly play down a Padawan and gradually build themselves up - but I would point out that an intelligent player may well find a way to sucker punch a Master. It can be done and a lot of times quite easily.

My thought always is, ignore my rank... am I a good roleplayer? Well, if I am, and I outthink a a higher rank, then I deserve to be victorious. If I get suckered by a new player, I deserve to lose. I will have more to say on this in the Temple because there are a few points and tips out of this that Padawans can use and use well.

Katina Van-Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:36:30 AM
Still, it seems presumptuous for a padawan to, right off the bat, think they can beat a master, don't you think?

I'm not even born yet... and when I am, all I can do is throw my pacifer at you and cry a lot. ^_^;

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:39:10 AM
I understand what you're saying Helenias, but I think a balance of what we've both said is probably the most logical.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:10:32 AM
I wanna try my hand at some combat! Somebody fight me!

Sene Unty
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:15:14 AM
The thread as become much too difficult for me to participate in....there is too much going on....which sucks because I really wanted a piece of it....oh well :D

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:31:58 AM
I played Taja for 10 months before she was even promoted to Warrior at TSE. Almost a year after that she 'officially' became a Knight, but IC she had the ability all along. Just that the whole system of having to fight in order to prove your chara's ability held me back all that time, and I'm thankful that Dale was willing to bend the rules some for Taja.

So yes, I agree, rank isn't everything, but rather, IC experience. That doesn't necessarily mean the number of fights you've been in. As far as experience goes, LD (for example) has been developing her character for over 2 years, whereas some of the newer Padawans and Knight involved in the thread have only been around for a few months. So in this case, IMO the difference in rank in very significant.

As Vega mentioned, you have to remember that those of us at TBH who are Lords/Masters were at one point Apprentices too. They've had to work their way up from scratch, and have taken their fair share of beatings along the way, so their respect is deserved.

Just my three cents. ^_^;

Wei ... feel free to go harass Evelyn (but don't tell her I said anything! :uhoh).

:p

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:12:21 PM
Thinking back, I can't remember a time when Hob has ever out-and-out lost on something. He's always put up a good fight, and his victories always tend to be close.

Except for when I beat Zeke.... :)

imported_Firebird1
Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:41:40 PM
I know it's hard to get into threads, but getting into this argument (Rank vs time vs ability) is just plain stupid and very pointless. As for it being hard for people to get and stay involved in the big threads, I agree, it's very hard to do that. Thats when you break it down into two or three little stories or fights that are going on in one thread. That way everyone can focus on a smaller picture that will lead back into the bigger one. As for a dividing line I'm for rank because if you didn't put the time in and had the ability you would not be as powerful as you are.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:03:26 PM
Zeke put up a good fight!

And I honestly can't remember the last fight LD has won. As an apprentice she threw herself and her master off a cliff in desperation to win a spar. In another spar with a Master when she was an apprentice, she didn't give up either, and almost got killed when Banestone flew into a rage at her audacity, and LW had to save her. Whenever LD fights Marcus, it usually is never completed, or a tie, or she has to run away.

My last challenge thread I beat up three "reborn Dark Jedi," a Noghri, and fought Rama Sha (who left with no real conclusion to the fight) and then LV dropped a bomb into the building LD was in and blew it up...nearly killing LD....hmmm...LD revolted against TSO, and was banished, nearly died three times then too... I fought Death Knight Soth for my master title, and almost lost then too. I'm sure I've won SOME times. :) Oh yeah I fought Thrawn and beat him, beat up Tondry (but that doesn't count, he liked it) kicked booty against a lot of NPCs..................

I suck! :(

I've earned my rank, and I don't mind losing if its done fairly, mmkay?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:52:36 PM
Wei has not been in many fights. Most were draws. I like draws. Losses, I can take a few. Wins are rarer. But if I had to have something, I would have a draw. Now about Evelyn. Where is Evelyn? SOmeone gimme some info so I don;t go in blind. Rank, lightsaber weapon, location, so I don;t go in there looking like an idiot.

imported_Taja Loraan
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:17:22 PM
Evelyn is currently just outside the building housing the planetary shield generators. She just killed off a couple of people. No lightsaber, just a blaster that I know of. Dark Jedi Apprentice.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:19:01 PM
Ah Nice. Anyone know where I am so I will know how many posts to make before I get there?

James Prent
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:39:17 PM
Well you've already left the water plant. Kindo got from the Power plant to the water place in one traveling post. You should be ok with just one traveling post. (is LD)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:04:16 PM
Too cool. here I come, Evelyn!

Sean Troy
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:41:47 PM
O_o

Zeke
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:47:22 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Zeke put up a good fight!

He sure did! He's the ONLY Jedi yet to challenge Hob! Someone go stop him!

Kelt Simoson
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:58:08 PM
:lol

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:19:43 AM
He sure did! He's the ONLY Jedi yet to challenge Hob! Someone go stop him!

AHEM. What do you think I'm doing?

Jedi, I've posted a note in Avalon. Please read and consider

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:21:03 AM
You seem to have ignored some posts, Helen.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:00:05 PM
Where is Jibrelle at?

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 25th, 2002, 09:10:53 AM
Pfft! As though Hob were anything other than invincible! :) Even Helenias can't stop the cleverest of clever dwarves!!

*Makes a note to club, sack, and drag Yoghurt into the thread, just for fun.* :)

"As long as I can wrinkle my thumb, and lie, lie, lie- I am bulletproof." - Darrel Hammond as Bill Clinton. :)