PDA

View Full Version : Do You Hear That Sound ? [Closed, Michael Cline]

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 07:47:29 PM
It's been a long night, and Eve wasn't able to sleep. Somehow, the idea of being alone seemed like the best idea for the moment. To be alone and to drink, yeah, that seemed like a good idea. Though being genetically engineered, the people who've worked on her removed all cells and organism in her body that could make her vulnerable - one of them was to never get drunk. Empty glasses surrounded her in the small booth she was sitting at. The couches were umcomfortable, she winced, her back was starting to ache.

"Ugh."

It's been a few weeks now since she's been back, but only a few days since she's been able to talk normally. Even then, she still doesn't talk much.

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 07:53:52 PM
::Cline walked in slowly a book under his arm, a nice, quiet bar at this time of night would be great to relax in and get some reading done. He glanced around for an empty seat and started walking towards it when he noticed a young lady sitting by herself surrounded by glasses. Such was not a pleasant scene as it reminded him of his Grandmother... minus the young part. He stepped towards her and nodded politely::

"You know... drinking this much can be quite dangerous."

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:01:06 PM
"And you know, making smartass comments can be quite dangerous too." Eve replied almost immediately.

Not only did she find her usual voice back, but also her sarcasm. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all. She looked up to the man who talked and tilted her head to the side, studying his features before her gaze fell on his book. She never saw a man even just hold a book before. She used to be passionated about them, but now ...

"... What are you reading ?" She then asked.

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:04:09 PM
::He chuckled slightly and motioned to the chair across from her::

"Mind if I sit down?"

::She blinked at him, and he tilted his head a bit taking a seat anyway::

"You probably wouldn't get the jist of it, but it's a bit of a history book, Ancient Rituals of the Darkside."

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:11:43 PM
"I was reading a part of it, before I ..."

Died. Obviously, he wouldn't understand. She paused, thinking of a new word for dying.

"Before I took a long break from life."

Her empty brown eyes continued staring at the man across from her, he didn't seem like any other she had seen before. Not the dark and gloomy typical guy, at least. She held her gloved hand over to him.

"Eve. Eve Siren."

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:16:47 PM
::toke a long break from life... He thought about her words for a while, an odd look crossing his face::

"You... died?"

::He had heard of Force users coming back before, and she had mentioned reading part of the same book De'Ville had gave him to study. Was she a darkside user?::

"I have to ask... are you a..."

::he looked for the words, trying to find a non defining word, one that didn't label her sith or dark jedi::

"Student of the Dark side?"

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:21:16 PM
"Not sure anymore specifically, but yes. You got it right."

She tilted her head to the side, her black hair following the motion. "Then again, can't a Jedi girl just have a special interest in the Dark Side arts ?"

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:22:43 PM
::He smiled slightly::

"If that were the case I'd still have my rank of Knight."

::He smiled slightly before getting a shocked look on his face::

"I'm sorry, I just realized I never introduced myself. I'm Michael, Michael Cline."

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:25:10 PM
"Michael Cline. Ah, a student of Lady De'Ville, correct ?"

Eve never spoke much, but she was very well informed about the people in this galaxy. She had just never met Michael physically. She forced a little smile on her lips, but just ended up looking shy, which was something she could never be.

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:27:20 PM
::He smiled::

"Her most recent Acquisition. Yes."

::He chuckled slightly and motioned towards the bar keep::

"Could I get a glass of water please?"

::The barkeep nodded::

"Thank you."

::He looks back to Eve::

"It was... Eve? Right?"

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:28:46 PM
She nodded to him, then finished her last glass of liquor. She tossed it aside, next to the other empty glasses and sighs.

"Came here to read ? I'll leave you to your book."

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:32:07 PM
::He smiled and looked at her::

"No... I think I'd much rather prefer some company. So tell me about yourself miss Eve. Eve Siren."

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:35:15 PM
"Myself ? Not much to say, actually. Former Sith Knight, died, came back to life, now a member of the Broken Circle. I take care of my 'sister', Syren Lysandor, most of the time, so I hardly have time for myself, which is why I'm here tonight."

She ran her hand through her hair, shuffling through it slightly.

"And you, Sir Cline ?"

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:43:06 PM
"Me?"

::he let out a small sigh::

"Not much to tell, family died when I was young, when my force powers went amock. I have altered memories for 10 years of my life with no clue what I was actually doing. I was a Jedi Knight, was engaged at one point, then lost it all when I went insane, and developed a Sith Split personality. Spent 2 years after that in an asylum till De'Ville 'Cured' me."

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:46:36 PM
"An asylum. I've always thought I belonged there ..." Her voice trailed off.

His story was a bit different but not that much from all of the other Dark Siders' stories. Everyone had a sad story that involved going insane and killing people. She let a sigh escape her mouth before biting on her lower lip.

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:48:45 PM
::he shuddered a bit::

"Void."

::He closed his eyes and could still see Void's evil face grinning::

"I hated him, he destroyed me from the inside out. I hate everything he was."

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:53:26 PM
She unexpectedly ran her fingers down his cheek, canting her head to the right. Her empty brown eyes slightly closing, as if they had known each others for years.

"At least ..." She murmured. Then a moment of silence. ".... At least, he helped in defining who you are today."

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:03:03 PM
::he looked up at her, into her eyes::

"I don't really feel he did anything for me. He was a monster I don't want to remember."

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:07:16 PM
"Wanted or not, Void made Cline .... Without him, you wouldn't know what a monster would be and much more ... Don't you think ?"

She returned the gaze for a long moment before a lock of black hair flowed with the wind, entering her vision, causing her to retreat from him.

"I'm sorry. I had a tendency to lose myself sometimes."

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:11:35 PM
::He got quit::

"No... it's alright. I'd never really considered the fact that because of him I have a defination of Monster... or that I know what I don't want to become... I guess he did give me something after all."

::He stared back at her lifting her chin up to look into her eyes, drawing closer to her::

"Thank you."

Eve Siren
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:13:50 PM
"Thank me ? For what ..?" Her voice seemed like a whisper.

It was odd how Eve still hasn't resorted to violence, getting this close to a man and letting a man get this close to her. She wasn't used to it, but strangely, she didn't hate it.

Michael Cline
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:16:25 PM
"For making me think about it. I probably would have never even let that thought enter my mind if you hadn't mentioned it."

::He hadn't been this close to a woman since Fire... not for Sass's lack of trying that is. He didn't understand it, he hadn't had any desire to even talk to most women for a long time. But something about just being near this... Eve Siren was enchanting.::

Eve Siren
Oct 20th, 2002, 08:32:28 AM
Eve put her hand on his wrist gently, but didn't push or pull, she stared into his eyes, through his glasses. They have the same eyes, Michael and him. Him, who probably already forgot all about her by now. It hurts, but ... She couldn't finish her thought.

"I'm sure you thought a lot about it, before today."

Michael Cline
Oct 22nd, 2002, 12:01:28 PM
::he adjusted his glasses slightly::

"I'd never thought about it that way before, that thanks to him I know what I don't want to be."

Eve Siren
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:51:43 PM
A little smile tugged on her lips, as she slightly tilted her head.

"You're welcome, then."

Michael Cline
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:35:10 PM
::He bit his lower lip a bit and leaned back::

"So..."

::Cline's mind was awash with things he wanted to say... but just couldn't get into words, so he retorted to simplistic dialogue.::

Eve Siren
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:38:07 PM
Eve arched an eyebrow as she leaned back down also. He seemed confused, something blurry in his head. Her head still canted to the side, she asked, almost in a mumur.

"Are you okay, Sir Cline ?"

Michael Cline
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:40:04 PM
::He sighed a bit::

"I'm... I'm just thinking."

::He hadn't felt this way around anyone since her... but after what had happened... did he really want to even consider acting on it?"

Eve Siren
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:43:10 PM
Eve stood up slowly. He was thinking and came here to read, herself had to go upstairs to check on her 'sister' and her back hurted. She haven't been able to sleep in a long time, she's been sitting, watching Syren sleep for weeks now. She ran her hand over her eyes, before looking down on Michael.

"Well, I'll leave you to it then. I will go back to my room, my back is aching ..." Her voice trailed off.

Michael Cline
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:46:31 PM
"No... please don't go."

::He spoke up, some of his thoughts finally breaking through.::

"I know this is going to seem incredibly straight forward, but would you like to have dinner with me? And I've been told I can give rather pleasant back massages."

Eve Siren
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:53:53 PM
Eve's eyes widened, surprised. She had dinner proposals before, but never one that included a back massage. She put her hand on the back of her neck, getting slightly nervous. She never got used to this.

"Sure, maybe someday .... But tonight, I have to go check on my sister, like I have to, every night."

To get rid of the nervous tension, she motioned her hand upwards. "It's upstairs. You can come, if you'd like, but it's very boring, really."

Michael Cline
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:55:14 PM
::He stood up::

"Actually I'd like that. Maybe we could talk some more that way."

::He smiled slightly::

Eve Siren
Oct 27th, 2002, 03:03:32 PM
He smiled. He never smiled.

"Alright ..." She muttered.

She threw her few last credits on the table and sighed, wondering where she was going to find some more money to live in this place. She bit on her lower lip, and took a hold of Michael's wrist, pulling him forward towards the stairs. Once they were up the stairs, she approached the closest door and opened it silently, putting her index finger up to her lips, shushing softly. She put the keys on the table near the door, and walked slowly towards Syren's room. She opened it and peeked in, smiling softly as she realized that Syren was still sleeping. She turned and closed the door behind her, looking at Michael.

"She's asleep."

Michael Cline
Oct 27th, 2002, 03:06:29 PM
"You said you have to check in on her every night. Is..."

::He fell silent for a moment thinking of his own sister::

"Is she alright?"

Eve Siren
Oct 27th, 2002, 03:10:07 PM
"She's .... She doesn't have a soul." Eve frowned.

Michael Cline
Oct 27th, 2002, 07:38:39 PM
::His mouth fell open silently in shock::

"I... Oh..."

::There was no response for that.::

Eve Siren
Oct 28th, 2002, 06:18:28 AM
"... She gave it in exchange of my life. She brought me back here, and she didn't even think about herself." Eve continued, her gaze falling to the floor.