PDA

View Full Version : Life isn't the rodeo.

Skyler McCloud
Oct 18th, 2002, 08:55:56 PM
"Missus', Is this the Re'cruit buildin' for the Jedi?" A man, decked in a brown leather jacket, denim jeans, cowboy boots and matching hat, asked one of the passing robed figures.

Getting a comfirmation, Skyler McCloud thanked the representative with a tip of the hat before moving deeper into the foundation.

Revenge on his mind, and love on his heart...

Salemn Lysce
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:00:21 PM
< Greetings, you seek to become a Jedi, yes ? >

A brown robed figure stepped infront of Skyler, with the hood drawn up. He could hear the voice inside of his head instead of spoken verbally - another wonder of the Force.

Skyler McCloud
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:07:46 PM
"Ah, Yes'm." McCloud reponded, halting suddenly as the figure stepped up, "Im lookn' ta be a Jedi, but, I'm not shur how to come about doin' that.."

He gave a sheepish smile, thumbs looped in the beltloops of his jeans..

Salemn Lysce
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:18:43 PM
< Well, quite simple .. You must pass the questioning. What made you want to join the Order ? >

The figure still hadn't made a move to lower the hood.

Skyler McCloud
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:25:41 PM
"I wan' to stop otherhs from murdring people 'cuas of a grudge, I want to keep stuff like what happen to my family from happen' to others," McCloud spoke, casting his gaze down towards the floor, "My' wife an' son were murdr'd coupl' of months ago."

Salemn Lysce
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:32:56 PM
< Grudges nurse anger - and anger leads to hate. Then hate leads to suffering .. Tell me, is it just the grudge alone that motivates you into helping others ? >

Now the figure began to circle Skyler, hands clasped behind back.

Skyler McCloud
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:48:49 PM
McCloud watched as the hooded figure circled like a hawk, "I don't hahve the grudge anymore. Its... finished."

To keep the figure in view, he shifted slightly, "It was the only thing taht kehpt me goin', I knew tha I could neva bring them back.. I jus' dont want others going through what I went through.. It's sad, isn't it? Being driven on to hunt.." McCloud sighed deeply..

Salemn Lysce
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:55:46 PM
Pausing by his side, the figure looked down at the ground.

< Yes, it is sad .. >

The robed person now made their way infront of him.

< What do you believe the Jedi stand for ? >

Skyler McCloud
Oct 18th, 2002, 10:04:09 PM
Suddenly, McCloud's posture becomes less rigid and his speaking changes. He just couldn't keep his old accent anymore -- too many faded dreams.

"Jedi.. They're the protectors of the innocence, defenders of truth. I can't say they use complete honor, cause I might be lying if I did," He replied, "But, beside my opinion, that's what everyone thinks of them.. It's steriotypism.. Uh.. Sorry.." McCloud finished apoligetically, he was ranting again..

Salemn Lysce
Oct 18th, 2002, 10:41:30 PM
A chuckle filled his mind as the figure finally reached up, lowering the hood. Gentle, brown eyes peered out at him as blond hair fell loosely around her shoulders.

< No need to apologize, it was an interesting answer. The life of a Jedi is a hard one, though ... Many will try and persecute you for your beliefs, and the Sith will do anything to destroy you. Are you up for it ? >

Skyler McCloud
Oct 18th, 2002, 10:51:14 PM
"I'm use to that.. hard life that is," McCloud smiled akwardly, "But, Yeah.. I'm up to the challenge."

With this he tipped teh brim of the black western hat perched atop his head, a slight sign of respect to ladies. "But, a quick question if you do not mind, what brought you to the Jedi?" He quickly interjected after the tip, curious..

Salemn Lysce
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:05:38 PM
Slightly taken aback, she remained silent for a few minutes before responding. Nobody had ever asked her that except Nash, her Teacher - but he had left the Jedi before she was even promoted.

< I first came here for protection, but then I realized that I could help others by joining - and rebuild my character. >

If she went in depth about every little detail, it would take up more time than she had, so a one sentence summary suited just fine.

< I welcome you into the Order, Skyler. >

Here, she smiled.

< And accept you as my Padawan .. Unless, you object to that ? >

Skyler McCloud
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:22:28 PM
He was about to ask how she had gotten his name, but reassured himself it was one of the Jedi tricks.

"I have no objection to that," He spoke, reaching behind his head with his left hand and scraching absently and nervously, but with a returned grin.

It was here that a golden canine came romping through the double doors, tail wagging and coat pracially glowing with care, and up to McCloud. Instead of jumping for a loving' it sat obediently at his side, tail wagging back and forth in happness.

McCloud tried to stiffle a chuckle, looking down at the canine with a smile. "I see you decided to come in after all. Missus', This is Fox, Fox this is..?"

Salemn Lysce
Oct 19th, 2002, 01:05:40 PM
< Salemn Lysce. >

Looking down at 'Fox', she smiled gently. It wasn't often an animal followed someone into the Recruitment Center, especially one so well behaved.

Reaching into her robes, she produced what looked like a cube and handed it to Skyler. It was a holomap, which layed out the whole Order.

< I suggest you go find a room in the Quarters as soon as possible because its filling up pretty quickly ... Other than that, you will receive a message when your training begins. >