PDA

View Full Version : Training myself and others (open to any padawans)

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:25:01 PM
Zeke juggled several of the spherical devices used for lightsaber exercises. His saber was clipped to his belt, and he bounced lightly on his toes as he waited idly on a training partner, namely a padawan of the Order. He hadn't decided on one to take in and train, so he had decided that for now he would take none of them on, and train them freely.

Sarr Koon
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:37:26 PM
Sarr was walking slowly around the Academy looking for someone to train with. Whether it be a Padawan or a Knight. He heard a light sound coming from one of the many rooms. A little curious as to the cause of this sound, he walked into the room that he heard the sound emanating from. A man was bouncing on his feet juggling remotes. Smiling hard inwardly, the Kel Dor waited for the man to acknowledge him. He didn't want to break the man's concentration.

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:54:03 PM
"Cooome in..." Zeke said with a smile. "You're not interrupting anything."

He caught the remotes and pocketed two, then extended a free hand to Sarr.

"Name's Zeke."

Sarr Koon
Oct 18th, 2002, 04:43:07 PM
Sarr walked forward quickly with his robes swirling around his legs. He reached out his hand and took Zeke's.

"Sarr. Nice to meet you."

Zeke
Oct 18th, 2002, 06:02:56 PM
Zeke shook his hand.

"Looking to do some training?"

Sarr Koon
Oct 20th, 2002, 10:26:10 PM
Nodded his head.

"Yes, I am always looking to further improve my skills to better benefit me later on. What would you like to do? You are more experience and know how to better ones abilities."

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2002, 10:29:13 PM
"I say we start by strengthening your weaknesses. Anything you're not particularly good at that you'd like to improve?"

Sarr Koon
Oct 20th, 2002, 10:54:43 PM
"Perhaps you could help me find them. Perhaps a light spar for you to judge my strengths and visible weaknesses?"

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2002, 10:59:51 PM
"Very well then." Zeke dropped the remotes and drew his saber. "Come on then. Let's see what you can do."

Sarr Koon
Oct 21st, 2002, 07:04:41 PM
"Of course."

Sarr pulled out his brillant blue light saber which he absolutely adored. He had made two lightsabers with equipment that Master Verse had brought him. This one was by far his favorite.
He ignited the blade and assumed the position Verse had taught him. Sarr nimbly sprinted at Zeke and opened with a horizontal slash.

Zeke
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:11:44 PM
Zeke parried it easily enough, deciding first to gauge Sarr's offense. He grounded a defense and waited for another strike.

Sarr Koon
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:06:17 PM
Sarr saw that Zeke was going to judge his offensive skills. He would have to turn it up.

He came in low with his lightsaber sweeping it towards Zeke's legs. When Zeke jumped up to avoid the saber, Sarr brought his saber upward in a slash.

Zeke
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:42:53 PM
Zeke leapt, ducking even before he hit the ground to avoid the other saber. Sarr was good.

"Who taught you?" Zeke asked, stopping another strike cold.

Sarr Koon
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:26:32 PM
The Kel Dor straightened up.

"Before i came to the Academy and had Master Verse Dawnstrider as my teacher. My father taught me most of my techniques and skills. He was an excellent warrior."

Zeke
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:29:28 PM
"Verse huh?" So he had a master. Coolness. "That's cool that your dad taught you. The Cap'n taught me some stuff, but not enough to duel with."

Offense was done, let's check his defense. A stab at Sarr did the trick well enough.

Sarr Koon
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:32:55 PM
As Zeke's stab came in, Sarr brought his saber in and deflected it. Assuming Zeke was going to test his defense, he did nothing to counter his offense.

Zeke
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:37:29 PM
No counter. Zeke spun with a slash at Sarr's neck. He'd raise the bar in a minute.

Sarr Koon
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:22:17 PM
As the saber whoosed towards his head, Sarr leapt backwads off his right foot. Landing lightly on his feet he ignited his saber. He woluld give Zeke an opportunity to counter attack and see what Sarr could do.

Quickly after landing Sarr sprang forwad and came down hard with a slash aimed straight down the middle of Zekes body.

Zeke
Oct 27th, 2002, 06:29:27 PM
Zeke sidestepped it and put his saber away.

"That'll do the trick. Let's do some hand to hand now. Less lethal than saber sparring."

Zeke drew the Force to him and lunged with Force boosted speed and attacked with a right cross.

Sarr Koon
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:41:10 PM
The Kel Dor swung his body back and to the left. Zeke's fist came sailing by and grazed a part of Sarr's anti-ox mask. Sarr brought his left fist around with a punched aimed at Zeke's side.

Zeke
Oct 28th, 2002, 10:00:32 AM
Zeke's speed boost was more than enough to catch the blow. He increased his strength and threw the Kel Dor over his shoulder.

Sarr Koon
Oct 28th, 2002, 08:46:00 PM
As Sarr made contact with the ground he ducked his head and rolled off his shoulder to lessen the full impact he would have normally sustained from such a throw. As he brought himself back to his feet he turned again to face Zeke.

"I've never had that happe to me before."

He smiled widely under his mask.

"That was amazing."

Zeke
Oct 28th, 2002, 08:51:50 PM
"It's called Force boost. Can you do it? Did Verse teach you?"

Sarr Koon
Oct 29th, 2002, 06:35:24 PM
"He has, but I can't move THAT fast yet."

Sarr had barely been able to see the punch coming from Zeke, let alone the following counter throw.

Zeke
Oct 29th, 2002, 07:39:56 PM
"Wanna work on that? Or should we do some other Force stuff? You seem to have combat down..."

Sarr Koon
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:55:22 PM
"I would like very much to move that fast. I will be more then glad to work on that Force skill."

Zeke
Oct 29th, 2002, 08:59:57 PM
"Okay. I always just summoned Force and shunted its power to where I needed it. If I need to move fast, I shunt it to my legs. If I need a strong punch, I boost my arms. Give it a try."

Sarr Koon
Oct 30th, 2002, 07:05:33 PM
The Kel Dor did as Zeke instructed. After gathering the Force around him, Sarr instructed it to go to his legs. He felt them zing with enormous energy. Taking a step forward his foot shot forward and made contact with the ground. Breaking out in a run he shot across the training room at an incredible rate. He stopped directly in front of Zeke.

Zeke
Oct 31st, 2002, 02:39:45 PM
"Yeah, like that. It's the same for punching, lifting stuff, jumping, anything the human body is capable of. Even your voice can be enhanced with the Force."

Sarr Koon
Oct 31st, 2002, 06:40:14 PM
"I'll be sure to practice this skill to perfection. I thank you for the lesson."

Zeke
Oct 31st, 2002, 07:03:47 PM
"Its nothing."

Zeke pulled the remote droids back out and turned them on.

"Care to do some deflection drills?"

Sarr Koon
Oct 31st, 2002, 07:22:41 PM
"Yes, Verse has taught me basic skills that I have developed. I would like to get as best as I can at deflecting to."

Zeke
Oct 31st, 2002, 07:30:30 PM
"Then...prepare youself!"

Zeke threw the three droids in the air. Immediately they fired, three bolts at each Jedi.

Sarr Koon
Oct 31st, 2002, 08:22:07 PM
The Kel Dor pulled one of his sabers and ignited it quickly. The blue blade sprang forward humming softly. Bringing his saber high he deflected the first bolt. Then twisting his wrists he brought it swifty down and got the second. Finally bringing his saber to the side, the third one bounced off.

Zeke
Oct 31st, 2002, 10:03:42 PM
Zeke blocked up, down, right, then twice below and to his left as the droids shot 2 more bolts. The third was still hovering, seeking a target.

Sarr Koon
Oct 31st, 2002, 11:20:04 PM
Several more blasts were shot at Sarr from another of the hovering remotes. He deflected each shot smoothly without faltering. Standing up straight he let his saber blade slide back into the handle.

"How about using blast shields to cover our eyes and then using only the Force to deflect the blasts.?"

Zeke
Nov 1st, 2002, 12:37:55 AM
"Don't have blast shields. I got these."

Zeke pulled some of his bandanas from his pockets. Normally he carried them only when he had a promo rap to do, but had brought them for the purposes of the exercise.

Sarr Koon
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:57:05 PM
The Kel Dor smiled under his black anti-oxygen mask.

"Those will do just as well."

Taking one of them as Zeke handed it to Sarr he wrapped it around his head and tied it in the back. Holding his saber at the ready he tuned his senses into the Force.

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2002, 04:11:46 PM
Zeke tied his own blindfold and snapped his saber to life. The droids hissed as they move, Zeke could feel them shifting...up...left...They fired, 3 bolts heading for Sarr's face and knees, 3 for Zeke's chest and elbows.

Sarr Koon
Nov 3rd, 2002, 05:28:12 PM
Sensing the remote's movement, Sarr was able to get into a good blocking positon. The Kel Dor felt the first blast coming towards his head. Letting the Force guide his hands, his saber was brought up and the blast bounced off. Immediatly after his saber dropped to about knee level and deflected the other two.

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2002, 05:30:18 PM
Zeke made his deflections with similar ease, the droids firing as their shots dissipated. 3 bolts flew in tight formation for Sarr's left elbow

OOC: Call my shots Sarr. Calling my own bolts is too predictable.

Sarr Koon
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:05:16 PM
OCC: Not sure what you mean.

IC: Sensing three more bolts closing in on his left side he brought his lightsaber up. The first one connected with the saber and flew off. The Kel Dor's saber moved only a few centimeters to get the second bolt. He lost himself a little and the third blast got through and hit his arm.

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:01:51 PM
OOC: When you post, say where the 3 droids are shooting at me.

Zeke felt Sarr miss, and raised a brow.

"You ok back there?"

Sarr Koon
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:46:09 PM
"Yeah, I tried a little to hard and my concentration got a little off. I'm ok though."

The remotes fired off several more blasts at each Zeke and Sarr. The ones aimed at Zeke were targeted towards his upper body.

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2002, 09:00:21 PM
Zeke felt with the Force. He couldn't block them all, so a dodge would have to do. He blocked to the center, then right, then dodged.

"Good to hear."

Three bolts fired at Sarr's toes.

Sarr Koon
Nov 3rd, 2002, 09:33:56 PM
The Force continued to direct his actions. Smoothly his saber swung down, then to the left, and then to the right blocking each of the blasts this time. This time 3 blasts were shot towards Zeke's upper body and 3 towards his lower body.

Zeke
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:49:49 AM
Zeke sighed and dropped back.

"One two three..."

He blocked high, then right, and left.

"...four five--OW!-- six..."

Zeke had blocked the two before his knees, but the sixth had taken him on the arm as he moved back to block.

Two shots at Sarr's shoulders followed a shot at his chest.

Sarr Koon
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:06:39 PM
Sarr, holding his saber vertically in front of his body blocked the first blast. Then moving it down and over a little he knicked the second. Deciding to add a little finesse he swung around in a 360 turn and connected with the blast at exactly the right moment.

Zeke
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:16:52 PM
"Not a bad move."

Zeke approved.

"Should we move on?"

Sarr Koon
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:33:06 PM
The Kel Dor undid the loose knot connecting the bandana around his eyes.

"Yes, I will practice that more during more of my free time."

Zeke
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:30:42 PM
"Cool..."

Zeke undid his own blindfold and thought to himself.

"Can't think of anything else to practice..."

Sarr Koon
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:49:57 PM
"Yes, it seems that we have done all that there is to do. I thank you for the practice Master Zeke."

The Kel Dor bowed to Zeke.

"I hope you have benefited from this as much as I have."

Zeke
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:25:18 AM
"Sure have. And no 'master', dude. I'm still learning stuff myself."

He bowed.

"Have a good day, Sarr."

Zeke turned and headed back to his quarters.

Sarr Koon
Nov 6th, 2002, 07:23:57 PM
The Kel Dor waited a few moments after Zeke left the training room. Then igniting his lightsaber he practiced swinging it around in differet styles.

ooc: this thread is done.