PDA

View Full Version : Weapon question

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:22:08 PM
About the Force Pike weapon...what are its specs? Size, appearance, abilities, etc.

Taylor Millard
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:27:25 PM
THe Force Pike is pretty much like a spear, and about 6 feet long.

It's silver, and does have (to my knowledge) a bit of an electrical charge to it on its tip.

Atleast the one Thomas uses does.

Helenias' might be a bit different from Thomas'.

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:40:05 PM
K...because I was out looking pictures for my Sith character (Inu-Aku), and found the some pics of him fighting the character I used for Zeke. I was thinking maybe about using the pics and basing a Zeke vs Inu RP off them...but for it to work, Zeke would need a Force Pike. Here's 2 of the pics I found:

http://web.utk.edu/~bborchar/episodes/episode10/eps10_10.jpg
http://web.utk.edu/~bborchar/episodes/episode9/eps9_9.jpg

Think the weapon Zeke's holding qualifies?

Taylor Millard
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:41:22 PM
It's close enough. Make it a long spear-like weapon and that's what it looks like :)

Silus Xilarian
Oct 17th, 2002, 08:35:52 PM
The Force Pike is a two-meter-long pole arm weapon tapped with a charged power tip. Weighing barely seven kilograms, it is light for its size, allowing someone with sufficient training to manipulate the weapon with stunning swiftness. As is typical of other vibroweapons, the force pike's power cell energizes an ultrasonic vibration generator and so produces a distinctive low hum when activated. Conductive cuircuits that line the pole's interior carry the ultrasonice charge to the power tip, which emits thousands of microscopic vibrations per second. This rapid motion allows the blade to slice effortlessly through stone, metal, and of course flesh and bone. The blades vibrating action means that even a grazing attack can cause serious lacerations, dismemberment, and other grievious injuries. Even with the generator deactivated, the metal blade is extremely sharp.

A force pike also can be set to release a stun charge, which is delivered as soon as the power tip comes within four centimeters of the target. The painful shock charge is powerful enough to knock a full-grown Wookie unconscious. The Force Pikes long pole is perfect for thrusting attacks, giving the weapon a considerably longer reach than standard vibroblades while allowing for precisely controlled strikes. This design also allows the wielder to apply his or her full physical strength to an attack. The pole's spun graphite composition strengthens the shaft while allowing it to flex and temporarily bend rather than break under extreme pressure......

Excerpt from the Star Wars Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology.........

Hope this helps :)

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 08:54:41 PM
That helps ALOT. Thanks, Silus. Now, to learn to use the weapon...

Taylor Millard
Oct 17th, 2002, 08:58:38 PM
I'd ask Helenias.

I'd have Thomas show you but well since you're the 'other side'. He might show you too well >D JOKING.

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 09:03:54 PM
Heh. Off I go to PM Helenias then...Thanks for the help everyone!"

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:36:13 PM
Helenias and a Pike..... brings back baaaaad memories....

Levi Argon
Oct 18th, 2002, 12:28:41 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Q'Dunn
Helenias and a Pike..... brings back baaaaad memories....

(Thinks fish and laughs heartily)

Oh how we can say so much with so little. :lol

But to stay on topic, basically what Silus has said is all you need to know. I have the very same Essential Guide and it cleared up a lot about that weapon for me when I first looked at it. l

Zeke
Oct 18th, 2002, 12:29:49 AM
...? Explain?