PDA

View Full Version : Rise Of The Old Republic: Nostalgia [Complete]

Aaron Belargic
Oct 17th, 2002, 12:41:18 PM
There was a faint humming inside of the small cramped room where Aaron now resided. He had been held captive for months, with only a small furry creature to keep him company. It stayed within the confines of a strange transparent tube on the far side of his room. He couldn't break the glass - he'd already tied killing it in desperation. Whatever the little thing was, it drained him of all his energy. He felt weak and dazed, unable to feel the Force. he spent every night in a cold sweat, and everyday hoping that his brother would come for him. No one came, though.

This is all my fault, thought Aaron, I shouldn't have trusted Diktat Viscera.

It was with that thought that the door to his detention cell hissed open and two armor-clad storm troopers stepped in. "Aaron Belargic," they asked in a radio-quality voice.

"Yes?" Aaron had hardly had a chance to come to his senses. They grabbed him by his arms and began dragging him down the detention block corridor. He didn't remember very much of what went on, except that he suddenly found himself laying down on a platform just outside of the Imperial detention center. "I'm free...?"

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 17th, 2002, 12:48:56 PM
The disbandment of the Galatic Empire had caused some chaos within its faltering ranks, however this was nothing compared to the confusion that the Jedi move to Coruscant had caused. The towering blocks that housed the troops and their imperial superiors were all evacuated, and in some cases trashed, as the members split off into their factions and took to the skies, to become based elsewhere. Once the Jedi had repopulated the place, there had still been some left however. A few remain, here and there, in sparse garrisons, working as rogue mercenary types. Of course, they had neither the resources nor patience to hold prisoners or the like, and thus a mass expulsion had occurred.

Just as other Jedi had done, Dasquian had patrolled these areas. He would wander the streets on occasion, towards these detention blocks, and wait for the soldiers to boot out the lucky man or woman for the day, allowing them their freedom finally. He’d healed some, and even offered some a meal and the like; most often receiving a warm reply from the now reformed “criminals”.

Today was one day when he was doing such a vigil, and chanced upon something unusual. A familiar presence could be felt up ahead, and he picked up his pace to a jog as he saw a figure being thrown out onto the street. Dirty, clothes partially ragged, and looking dazed … but none the less, he recognised the face. Voice strained with confusion and surprise, he called out:

“Aaron!?”

Aaron Belargic
Oct 17th, 2002, 12:56:39 PM
Aaron's face was covered in thick blonde stubble, and his eyes were unfocused. The face in front of him seemed familiar... "Dasquian? Brother?" It couldn't be. The Force was overwhelming him as it once more began to penetrate and surround him. He collapsed to his knees, unable to stand on his own, and began to take deep breaths. "I'm hallucinating..." He threw up onto the platform and fell over onto his side, his stomach still hurting. He had been tortured in ways that he had never thought to be imaginable. It had only been a few weeks ago that the Diktat had stopped coming to see him personally for these sessions...

"I told them I didn't know anything... it was the truth, but they didn't believe me." His arms were covered with small bandages where all sorts of chemicals had been inserted into his body. Even without the Force he had fought the effects of the poisons commendably. Most of the time he would end up fainting before Viscera could make him confess anything other than "I don't know."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:03:01 PM
He rushed to his clearly distressed brothers’ aide, falling down to his knees as he cradled the Jedi Knight with one arm. Dasquian looked down at the changed face of his sibling and felt the pain inside of him. His mind was not reined, and thus images of the torment and anguish he had experienced flooded into Dasquian’s head, and caused him to wince as he empathized and sympathized.

“Aaron, where have you been? You look terrible? Do you need medical attention?”

He barraged him with questions, and did not halt.

“I searched for you but I couldn’t find a single trace of you, I… Aaron? Speak to me!”

Aaron Belargic
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:12:12 PM
Aaron reached up and placed his hand over his brother's face. The Force told him that this was Dasquian, but he had been so detached from it that he wasn't sure if he could trust it anymore. The familiar voice however, was what in the end had convinced him that this was in fact his brother. "I think I'll be okay..." Aaron didn't like to be helped if he could avoid it, but maybe this time he would need to be helped. As he tried to regain his footing, he stumbled and then finally rose to his own two feet.

"Maybe, on second thought, some medical attention might not be such a bad idea... You would look terrible too, you know... I don't think I've ever been giving such a hard time in my life. What's wrong with this place, Dasquian?" Aaron sighed and wiped his mouth, not liking the foul taste of acid that was left behind. He was starting to question things now.

"I don't blame you... I know you couldn't find me. I couldn't reach out for you either. I tried to escape, but they had these little animals around me all the time. I couldn't use the Force at all."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:18:00 PM
Holding Aaron up by looping an arm around his shoulders, he sighed.

“This place can be cruel at times, but I have grown to know it well in this time gone by, and have learnt it too can be a most rewarding and amazing place.”

As he spoke, he subconsciously began to brush away dust from his brothers cloaking, and straighten up what he wore.

“…I have become part of the Jedi Order that exists in this time, and regained what memories were lost, Aaron.”

Aaron Belargic
Oct 21st, 2002, 07:49:43 AM
The Jedi gazed at Dasquian for a while, then nodded in approval of his brother's course of action. "I would have done the same, given the opportunity. I need you to take me to them Dasquian. I can't remember so much... but I've arrived in a time when I must remember. The galaxy needs us. Maybe that's why it was destined for me to suffer. So that we would both feel the same pain that all of these people around us feel. I can sense their fear, and their hatred. It burns inside of me, Dasquian..."

Aaron's eyes were now distant and fierce. The expression would have been mistaken for anger, but Dasquian knew Aaron too well to make such a mistake - It was determination that accented the Jedi's face. Everyone had a destiny to fulfill, and Aaron knew that he and Dasquian would both follow through with theirs till their dying moment.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:45:19 AM
Sternly, he nodded.

“Yes, you must come with me to the temple. It is here on Coruscant once more, brother, and only a short while from here!”

Enthusiasm filled his voice at the thought of his brother’s return, and the continuation of their travels and training together.

“Do you wish to go straight to see the Council, Aaron?”

Aaron Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:32:57 AM
"Yes. Take me to them, Dasquian. You can be my guide to this world." The Jedi smiled faintly. "You know, always find myself relying on you... I'm starting to feel incompetant." He laughed slightly and began to walk with his brother, allowing him to lead the way.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:05:39 AM
The two walked for some time, such an odd pair for the citizens to see. Many recognised Dasquian, and offered him a perplexed look when they saw his companion, though he would only reply with a comment on how happy he was, or how he had finally been reunited. Never the less, though they were so heavy in conversation, they found their way to the temple quickly, and stepped inside (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24361)...