PDA

View Full Version : Lost

James Prent
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:19:24 AM
"Hello?" The young woman knocked on the door to the Jedi Temple, fully expecting no one to answer. "I need directions! Can someone help me?"

She sat on the steps, and realized that there probably wasn't anyone around at four am. The girl put her chin in her hands, resting her elbows on her knees, and stared out over the sea of lights that was Coruscant.

Not even much repulsor traffic...well, for Coruscant, at least. There were at least a thousand moving lights in the sky and as many if not more shooting between the skyscrapers. A cool wind whipped around her, and she hugged her knees.

Oriadin
Oct 17th, 2002, 03:11:45 AM
Oriadin was falling asleep at the screen. He had gotten into an extreamly interesting story about Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader but even he had his limits to how much he could read. He checked the time. 4am!!! He quickly turned off the monitor and swtiched off the lights. All around him was quiet and still. Usually, nobody was about at this time in the morning.

He pulled his cloak over himself and carried his datapad as he made his way back to the living quarters. A lonley figure caught his eye. She seemed small but that was because she was huddled up on one of the steps. Oriadin took off his cloak and made his way over.

--Excuse me. Are you cold?--

He offered the woman his cloak.

--Can I help you at all Miss?--

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:51:20 AM
OOC: PRENT? WTF?

James Prent
Oct 17th, 2002, 12:22:56 PM
She must have fallen asleep, because the next thing she remembered something was touching her shoulders. James' eyes flew open, and her arms and legs all flailed out at once, knocking the cloak to the steps and leaping to her feet.

Turning wide eyes towards the man standing there, she blushed fiercely. "I - I'm sorry...I..." She bent down to grab the dropped cloak, and handed it to the man in Jedi robes. "I wasn't trying to trespass, please..don't turn me into anything...unnatural..."

Oriadin
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:41:51 PM
Oriadin laughed

--Unnatural? I wouldnt do anything like that. Here, this is my cloak, you look a little cold. Put it on.--

He handed her his cloak

--So, if your not trespassing, what are you doing here?--

He said sarcasticly.

James Prent
Oct 17th, 2002, 02:43:58 PM
His tone unnerved the girl, and she took his cloak, wrapping it around her shoulders. "I...I just lost my job. And I thought, well...that I could find some answers here."

James huddled under the cloak, her short hair blown by a passing transport's repulsors. Standing almost five feet tall, she was dwarfed by the Jedi in front of her.

Oriadin
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:27:33 PM
Oriadin smiled sypatheticly. Losing a job was always very hard to take. Although he couldnt remember experiencing it himself, he'd met other that had.

--Come. Its warmer inside and I'll see if I can get you something warm to drink and something to eat.--

He pointed inwards towards the Jedi complex.

--What answers is it that you seek... erm... what is your name?--

James Prent
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:40:56 PM
She wiped her already clean hand on her pant leg, and reached out to shake his hand. "M'name is James." The girl followed her benefactor inside the building, looking up at the entry hall with wide eyes.

"I...I got fired because I broke something."

Salemn Lysce
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:23:25 PM
It seemed as though the Jedi Knight never slept. Some would say she was diagnosed with insomnia - and she couldn't argue, but she secretly believed it was because there were so many things to do, and sleep was just a special priviledge given to few. Ever since she accepted her first Padawan she had been doing extensive research - jotting down notes on how Nash had trained her, observing other Masters teaching their Padawans, and reading on some history to teach Lillian. She would make that girl one of the best Jedi the Order had ever seen.

This time, however, she was not up for 'academic' reasons. It was just the fact that she had become so accustomed to staying up that she couldn't sleep, so decided that a walk would do her good. At first, she hadn't noticed the voices that drifted over from the Recruitment Center, but then the one sentence, "I got fired because I broke something" caught her attention. Pausing, she retraced her steps and entered the great room, looking out from the huge pillars that gave the place support. There was Oriadin - a good-natured Padawan who always lended a helping hand - and another woman.

Intrigued, Salemn stepped out to where the two were and nodded her head towards Oriadin, before looking at 'James' with gentle, brown eyes. Dark rings were underneath, but it didn't make her look imposing at all.

< Fired because you broke something ? .. I haven't heard that in a long time. >

When she said that, she was referring to the year she spent on the streets, running odd errands here and there for a scrap of food. Of course, it was the only year she remembered before joining the Order - such was the effect of amnesia. But, alas, the two probably didn't know what she meant by her last sentence, and Salemn hoped James wouldn't find it too odd to have her speak through the Force. Being a mute, she had learned how to commicate via the Force, and some still couldn't get over the fact that they could only 'hear' her voice through their mind, not verbally.

James Prent
Oct 18th, 2002, 01:25:14 AM
James flinched away from the voice in her head, and turned to look at the newcomer. "I...well, I wasn't anywhere near the plates when they broke." She shrugged, and dug her hands into her pants pockets.

Oriadin
Oct 18th, 2002, 02:28:06 AM
Oriadin greeted Salemn. He hadn't had much dealings with the Jedi but he certainly knew of her. Not many mute Jedi pass through these walls so that made her easier to remember by all.

--Ah, Salemn. This here is James Prent. James, this is Salemn. A jedi here at the order. Up a little late tonight are we not?--

He quizzed. As he spoke he thought how James seemed to be an unusual name for a girl. It was unimportant though for the time being.

--You were no where near the plates when they broke? Are you saying it wasnt you who broke them or are you unsure of what happend?--

As he spoke he poured James a nice hot cup of hot chocolate and indicated to Salemn, asking if she wanted one too.

James Prent
Oct 18th, 2002, 06:49:45 PM
She wrapped her hands thankfully around the hot mug, and shook her head. "I was angry at a customer...one of our regulars. He never tips well, and tonight he was really rude, y'know? And...well I dunno what happened, but all the plates in the kitchen just shattered. All at once, y'know? Anyway, m'boss got really scared and pissed and fired me."

James sipped the drink, and her eyes lit up. "What is this? Its great." She inhaled deeply, enjoying the exotic odor.

Salemn Lysce
Oct 20th, 2002, 12:28:41 AM
Shaking her head, she kindly refused Oriadin's offer for drink.

< A pleasure to make your acquantice, James. >

Listening after the woman explained herself, Salemn remained in deep thought. Sometimes, when one had telekinesis and didn't know about, things could get "out of hand" when they got upset or depressed. It was a common occurance in the galaxy and most lived their life without knowing they were in tune with the Force.

< Has it ever happened before ? >

James Prent
Oct 20th, 2002, 01:40:51 AM
James felt like her brain was itchy when the woman 'spoke' to her. She smiled, and shrugged, hands still wrapped around the mug. "No, never. Well..." She blushed, "When I was younger, when I'd have nightmares in my sleep, sometimes when I woke up my dolls on the shelf across the room from m'bed would all be on the floor, or knocked over."

She looked between the two Jedi, and sighed. "I just want to learn what's goin' on with me."

Salemn Lysce
Oct 20th, 2002, 12:49:17 PM
< I think it's quite simple, actually. You're Force sensitive. >

Smiling a bit as if to reassure James, she looked over towards Oriadin, waiting for him to speak.

Oriadin
Oct 21st, 2002, 03:09:28 AM
Oriadin nodded in Salemn's direction.

--The force connects everything around us. Binds everything together. A Jedi learns to quieten thier mind and they can use the force as a tool to promote good. From there, we can learn different skills that ordinary people simply cannot master. One of those skills is telekinesis and allows us to move things by the power of thought alone. It seems you have this trait. At the moment you cant control it as you havent recived any training. Hell, you didnt even know what it was!--

Oriadin smiled. Hoping she understood his explination. He spoke softly and reasuringly. His eyes never left those of James. She was obviously confused by it all and Oriadin hoped he could help her to understand.

James Prent
Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:51:05 PM
James gaped at the pair of Jedi. "Force sensitive? Me? Y'think so?!" She sat down suddenly on the floor as her legs went out from underneath her, and she set her mug on the ground next to her. "I thought that...well I don't know what I thought, but...frell!"

She looked up at the smiling Jedi, and felt the sudden urge to giggle, which she repressed. "Well, what do I do now?"

Oriadin
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:18:17 AM
Oriadin smiled, he could sense James's urge to giggle.

--First I think its important that you get something warm inside you. Have something to eat and whatnot. See if you can get a place to stay in the Living Quarters.--

Oriadin started to note a few things down on a piece of paper.

--Here is how to get to it. Ive also written down Yogs. Its a bar where you should be able to meet other Jedi and get something to eat and drink. From there, you will have to find yourself a Master to train you.--

Oriadin paused for a second.

--Salmn, wasnt it you that was taking the class of Padawans?--

Salemn Lysce
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:30:54 AM
Watching James' reaction, Salemn grinned before watching Oriadin scribble down directions on a sheet of paper.

< Yes, but the Padawans began to 'drift away'. >

It was a disappointment, being that in the beginning the class had such potential.

< But, I could always take on a Padawan ... >

James Prent
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:08:32 PM
James looked from the man to the woman, and then back again. "Really? I can train to be a Jedi?" She beamed up at them, and then was overcome with a huge yawn. After she recovered, she reached for the paper in Oriadin's hand, and stood up.

"I don't know what to say, y'know? Frell... but thanks!" James rubbed her tired eyes, and blinked sleepily. "I guess I'll go see about that room first...is there anyone there at this hour?" She covered her mouth with the back of her hand as she yawned again.