PDA

View Full Version : I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings... (open)

Alasia
Oct 16th, 2002, 09:43:07 PM
Don't Judge me
You could be me in another life
In another set of circumstances
Don't judge me
One more night I'll just have to take my chances
And tomorrow we'll see

And no it's just not in my plan
For someone to care who I am
**~~**

The galaxy had come a long way in preventing slavery, a long way indeed, but it still existed. It not only existed, it was a thriving market.

Alaisa shivered in the cool air occasionaly feeling drops of moisture-- Preomises of impending rainfall. The young woman was one of the unluckier slaves, if there could be lucky ones. She was painfully skinny, all her ribs showed and it was hard for her to stand. The rags provided by Grewwo, her huttese owner, were filthy and revealing, a ploy to attract potential buyers aswell as for the enjoyment of Grewwa. Alaisa lifeted one foot, bare, off the cold street easing the icy needles that were numbing her skin. Her hands were held together by energy bindings, her neck encompassed by a durasteel collar. Attatched to teh collar was a rope, held at one end by Jann-ai, one of Grewwa's faithful henchman given the important job of getting a good price for her. Alaisea didn't like Jann-ai. He was much harsher than the other men.

They were on Coruscant, the lowest levels. As much as she was used to being passed from owener to owner, Alaisa was nervous. Before it had been colleagues of Grewwa that had offered to buy her. Now she had no idea what kind of character would become the latest master.

"You like her? I give you good price, or mebbe you make offer I like heh? She make good gift for wifem friend son... You take a look..."

Jann-ai jerked the rope sharply and Alaisa stumbled forward, lime eyes looking down. Shw could feel the mans gaze on her/ Her honey colored skin and bone white hair contrasted interestingly and the lime color of her large eyes were oddly unnerving.

"No. I don't want this one."

He walked away. Alaisa sighed, relief flooding her. She hadn't liked him-- He reminded her of those "hit-and-run" guys. Had he taken her she would most likely have ended up in a gutter by morning.

"You like her? I give you good deal. You mebbe like to make offer instead? She make good guft, work for you mebbe. Hard worker this one. Take a look, come..."

Guy Tao
Oct 17th, 2002, 04:33:05 PM
The man stopped and looked at the slave trader with hidden disgust, a black bird sitting on his one shoulder. He had one hand on his chin, as though he was thinking.......

"Hard worker you say?"

he 'hmm'ed as her rubbed his chin and looked at the unique girl. He noticed that she was most likey underfed, and probably may have been beaten, and his disgust at that showed in his eyes.

"Is she afraid of birds?"

He spoke plainly, as though he has done this many times before.

Alasia
Oct 19th, 2002, 03:21:01 PM
Jann-ai widened his eyes in an mock expression of offense and pointed at Alasia.

"Her?"

He repeated it several times, as if he didn't believe that Guy would even suggest such a thing.

"Her? She no afraid of no thing. Very brave, strong too. You mebbe like closer look yes?"

The man jerked the rope and Alasia tumbled forward, not hitting the ground only because Jann-ai looped a finger around the 'leash' close to her collar. Leaning forward, the man lowered his voice as if he were about to impart the very secret of life.

"I tell you something my friend. I seen others today, all no good. This one, good deal. Good deal, friend. You mebbe interested?"