PDA

View Full Version : Persistence or a stubborn streak?

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 15th, 2002, 11:02:56 PM
Fresh from another arduous run around the block, Jackson cleaned himself up in the LQ, and took his free time to resume his job hunting, donning his "Jedi" jacket as he ran out the door and into the cold once again.

He arrived at the B&G, where he had previously looked for employment the other day. The bartender wasn't able to talk with him, but that was fine. He could be incredibly patient, in a persistent, stubborn kind of way that in a series of small, slow pushes, can move even glaciers, if given enough time. Entering, he slowly ducked his way inbetween larger patrons, who weren't always mindful of where he was. He was bumped around a bit, but he remained unfettered, announcing his approach with a string of well-mannered "excuse me"s, that seemed to draw nobody's attention. He finally reached the bar, and took a vacant seat...once again looking for the bartender.

"Excuse me...I'm here about a job? I was here yesterday, but was told to come back later."

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 15th, 2002, 11:10:02 PM
Jedi jacket??? Since when did we have one of thise

It was a totally new place - the new Bar and Gill on Coruscant. Not really to his liking, but there was enough corners to sit at. Dark ones too, which suited him. In his hood and cloak, smoking, with his boots on the table.

Come to think of it, Coruscant had a much greater amount of weirdos than Arcan did. He was always wishing they had stayed.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 16th, 2002, 12:01:07 AM
Aside from a few serving droids that occasionally rolled by, Jackson didn't see the bartender. He sighed a little, rubbing the warmth back into his hands that he'd lost outside, and leaned against the barstool a little, looking at the patrons...which for the most part, ignored him entirely. All except one, who despite his hood that shadowed his face, seemed to be looking in his direction. A little nervous, Jackson pulled at the sides of his jacket...and finally worked up enough resolve to approach the man, since apparently the bartender wasn't around. Maybe he was on lunch break or something.

"Excuse me, sir? Have you seen the barkeep around here? I just came in to apply for a job, and I haven't been able to get in touch with him."

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 16th, 2002, 12:33:57 AM
Okay, this was weird

Marcus stared at the rather short being before seeming to shrug.

"No idea. Now, why would you want a job in this place for? It can get a little rough. "

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 16th, 2002, 12:56:07 AM
"Are you kidding?"

Jackson's mouth gaped a bit at the man's question...like it was the craziest, most obviously-answerable question in the galaxy.

"Its Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill! The Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill!"

He pointed to a table, where a trio of Jedi were sitting.

"Sir, who wouldn't want to work here? Its like a dream come true."

He laughed a little.

"Well, I guess I'm a little partial, but still...working in the company of Jedi? Well, I came to Coruscant to become a Jedi, and well...I'm not one yet, but I will be soon! I just have to try again."

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:21:57 AM
That was a point. Yog's was Galaxy famous, little did this young one knew he was talking to one of the Jeid whom had started the Bar, years ago.

"I could think of a lot of beings who would not want to work in a Jedi establishment - beings that would curl your hair and burn your toes just by looking at them. And you see those beings over there? They too want to work here. Supposibly the Jedi pay well. What ywould make you better suited to being here than them? And what do you mean, try again to be a Jedi? Explain"

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:40:16 AM
"Well sir...to tell you the truth, I don't have no experience in bartending. I bussed up tables once or twice, but I mostly worked on the vaporators back home. But I'm a hard worker, and I can't imagine any other place this side of the galaxy that I'd rather work, even if the pay wasn't good. As long as I can pay for a place to stay and a few other things, it suits me just fine. I'd even work here for free, if they wanted. I can always find some other way to get money. It ain't about the pay, mister...I can tell you that much."

He'd developed a shameless smile on his face that went with the sparkle in his eyes.

"Well sir...I've put my application in, to become a Jedi padawan here, but it got turned down. Its alright though, cause I'm still gonna be a Jedi. Its been my life's dream since before I could walk and talk, I think. Mom and Dad don't pay it much mind, but I promised to help cover the loss on the harvest that I'm making by comin out here...so they said its alright with him. Most nobody else pays it much mind, either...but thats okay. I know I'll be a Jedi, its just a matter of when, I guess. I've waited all my life. I don't think waitin a little longer will hurt me much. Besides, I'm goin back to ask in a week, and writing plenty of letters too. Wrote one to Xazor Dawnstrider...she's a Jedi Knight, if you didn't know."

D'Varan T'Chirik
Oct 16th, 2002, 11:47:51 AM
D'Varan was half covered in grease, unlike the mutlispecied pack who traveled with him: they were covered entirely in a multitude of mechanical fluids. Thats what happens when you take apart a pair of Novaladex J44 Even Horizon engines.

"Around for meh crew, tender."

Some kid was blabbing about Jedi stuff. Weird old religion did attract some odd folk. The N'ti'kin's head tendril's swayed as he downed a shot of Vodka.

The bartender poured another round of shots.

"To the best pit crew anywhere!" A multitude of cheers rose from the collection of creatures.

"To The Circuit Returing to Coruscant after 15 years!" This also garnered some cheers, even from a few other goers.

"TO THE TOP SPOT ON THE PODUIM!" The 12 aliens cheered loud, loud enough to drown almost everyone out.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 16th, 2002, 04:24:40 PM
Marcus waited till the cheering had died down before replying.

"Yes I know Lady Dawnstrider."

Country boy, looking to make it in the city - that what Marcus was summing this Jackson up as. And while the million mile an hour talking would wear the Master down in no short order, the outer visage, hard, embittered, harsh.... inside Marcus was remarkably soft-hearted.

Which would surprise a lot of Jedi even, except fo rthe aforementioned Dawnstrider.

"Well, I guess you can mop a few floors, that wont hurt anyone. And if the rest of the staff wonder what your doing, point 'em in my direction. You might say I have a .... silent interest in this Bar"

Severen Morkonis
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:54:19 PM
' Ah..hired a new restroom cleaner i see' A voice sounded from a few tables away, the usual grin on his already smug face. 'It gets better don't it My Jedi friend?' He continued with a smile.

He looked at Jackson with a half amused smile, as if he could say anything to the boy and he couldn't do a thing about it. 'Chop chop old fella, you got a bog room to clean...you know it really smells like Hutts have dumped away in there all day dont you?..and you got to clean the place up...well to be honest thats all your good for aint' it' He mocked ending his little speech with a silent chuckle.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 16th, 2002, 06:53:04 PM
"Dont worry about him - he's just jealous because the dump of a Hutt smells better than he does. Guys like him know nothing of personal hygenine - no knowing what type of disease you will get if you are downwind. I think I would rather be useless than a risk to public health, what do you think?"

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:39:16 PM
If any lightsabers were lit in the room, they would have dimmed in deference to Jackson's smile at the moment. He reached forward, shaking Marcus's hand energetically. Despite some setbacks, there was always room for a lucky break.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much, sir! I'll do the best job you've ever seen, and I'll make you proud, sir."

He began to walk away...but it was more like floating. His feet barely touched the ground. He looked to Sieken.

"And if you don't like the smell...just come back a week from now! It'll be the cleanest damn place this side of the galaxy, and you can put money on that!"

With a smile, he turned...walking away. He got to the door leading out, and couldn't control it anymore. His five foot, four inch frame jumped head and shoulders above the other patrons, who gave him a wide berth in liu of his antics.

<font size=3>YES!!! AAAHAHAHAHAAA!!! ALRIGHT!!</font>

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:56:08 PM
Wei saw Jackson walk out the door. and then heard his victory shout.

"It sure does feel good to make someone happy, doesn't it, Master Marcus?" Wei said before he too went out the door.