PDA

View Full Version : Question about weather on Coruscant

Zatania Duvall
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:39:52 PM
I need to know the weather(tempurature, rainfall, anything else) for the RP I am working on for that planet. Does anyone know?

Leeloo Mina
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:02:28 PM
I googled and the only thing I found was this page:

http://www.imperialorder.org/galaxy/coruscant/history.html

The complex multileveled surface makes weather in Imperial City particularly difficult to predict.

That's just about all it says about the weather..

I dont really have any good ideas on what the weather might be like... for some reason I think it's mostly clear skies.. there's no open water on the planet, right? So I guess it can't really rain much? I always think of it as being windy for whatever reason..

Sorry I'm not much help :\

Morgan Evanar
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:05:34 PM
AFAIK (as far as I know) the weather in Coruscant can be highly localized. You can have weather systems that are simply active in a four or five block area, but be completely different another four blocks away.

Sort of like summer weather in Florida but less mobile.

While there is very little open water, there is enough to form short lasting thundershowers.

Zatania Duvall
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:08:38 PM
Okay. Thanks, now I can finish my post. lol

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:09:36 PM
There is open water. I beleave the lower levels are mostly damp and cool because there is no sunlight there . I beleave it all depends on the area . The upper areas look more or less like normal sunny weather . I know there is a large lake on the surface somewhere. But its just one big city more or less. It would be drafty because of the buildings changeing wind direction and focusing it just like most large citys. Im sure the designers built Wind traps to keep this to a minimum but I feel it would be sunny a little drafty and more or less warm on the upper levels. The lower level would be cold and very wet.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:30:37 PM
I figured that they'd found a way to control the weather, and shifted it in tune with a computer program. :)

Zatania Duvall
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:35:19 PM
Meh. Well I took a mixture of some of the responses. It was only a small part of my post anyways. Someone else can post off of it.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:53:27 PM
I'd written in a previous RP that certain parts of the year were reserved and set aside for certain climate conditions, because not all creatures liked the same weather, and it was as close to a consensus as could be reached. Thus, you could literally set your watch to the weather on Coruscant, because it was also...set to a watch

ReaperFett
Oct 16th, 2002, 02:13:15 AM
Dont know if anyone mentioned this part, but Coruscant also has some mountains, which can be Skied on (Reference: Han Solo/Kyp Durron, Dark Apprentice)

Leeloo Mina
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:00:32 AM
Wee! Skiing!!

The page I linked to mentioned it.. :)

Tyreal Dalarsco
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:59:02 PM
I read that book, and to me it seamed like they were skiing on a man-made slope, but it was a few months since I last read it.