PDA

View Full Version : A Knight I may be...(open to a Master or high-ranking Knight)

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:19:52 PM
Zeke stood in the Temple, looking out the huge windows at the Coruscant skyline his smile serious for once. Now that the initial rush of excitement his promotion had brought had faded, he found that he wasn't quite sure what to do with himself. His fight with Hobgoblin on Arcan was also a major wake-up call for the young Knight, and he sought guidance from one of the more experienced members.

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:49:03 PM
Is something on your mind, young Zeke?

:: Anbira spoke from his seat, eyes closed in his meditations, yet aware of the Jedi Knight's presence in the Force ::

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:51:15 PM
Zeke sighed and turned over his shoulder to look at the old master.

"Yeah...I guess so. I just got knighted...and I have no clue what to do now..."

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:55:15 PM
:: Anbira smiled ::

Clarity of purpose isn't guaranteed with the title, unfortunately. There are many callings in the Force, and each can ask of your time and energy.

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:59:38 PM
"Well, yeah, but I mean...There's alot I could choose to do right now. I could take one of the masterless Padawans under my wing and train him or her, or I could continue to hone my own skills, or I could just continue my usual routine of protect the innocent... but after that encounter with Hob, I'm having to re-evaluate my ability to perform option 3..."

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:06:34 PM
You are a knight, and with this title, comes the responsibility of choice. It is your prerogative to choose your own path. If you wish to continue to improve your skills, I implore you to do so. Such will improve your ability to both teach and to defend the innocent.

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:08:36 PM
"Yes, that's true, but I feel like that would be somehow selfish."

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 16th, 2002, 12:11:06 AM
Why would it be selfish, young Zeke? It is an investment of your time, so that you may perform in other areas to a better ability.

Zeke
Oct 16th, 2002, 07:57:40 AM
"But its all about me. Hey, teach ME saber fighting, hey, teach ME to manipulate the Force, hey, teach ME..." Zeke sighed. "I just figured that since I've become a Knight, I could start returnin' the favor..."

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 16th, 2002, 11:58:14 AM
Then divide up your time, devoting some to helping others, and the remainder to furthering your own progress, because that can be turned into better teaching to others in the future.

Zeke
Oct 16th, 2002, 12:02:28 PM
"Okay..."

Zeke was feeling a little better, but there was one other problem.

"Who to teach then?"

He turned back to the window.

"How do you decide on a Padawan, Master Hicchoru?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:15:00 PM
You must often see life through their eyes. Look for something within them that yearns for what you possess.

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:30:46 PM
"Something that yearns for what I possess..."

Zeke repeated Anbira's words, reflecting on himself.

"Well, I guess I'm an ok fighter. My Force abilities aren't too bad, but I don't know some of the more advanced techniques, like Force shields and healing. I guess a Padawan that wanted to learn combat would do well. But then, I don't want them thinking that a saber duel is the only way to solve problems."

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 20th, 2002, 11:38:47 AM
Then perhaps you wish to broaden your own training?

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2002, 11:46:57 AM
"Well, sure. I've asked Verse Dawnstrider about teaching me his two swords style, seeing how I have two sabers myself, and I've been trying to find someone who's more Force adept to at least show me how some of the other skills are done."