PDA

View Full Version : Um Metabolife Bad

Sanis Prent
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:19:07 PM
That does it...I am quitting it.

Metabolife, for laymen, is a supplement that boosts your body's metabolism, which can be good for folks who can't get regular exercise, due to the tedium of their work schedule. Unfortunately, I am not the active young buck I used to be, and I don't work out or run as much. Therefore, I take it in order to help lose weight and such.

Today, I worked out with Akrabbim, and forgot that I'd taken 2 of them in the morning, and hadn't had much to eat or drink either. After doing 3 sets of 10 of 150 (Which is the weakest bench work I've done since I was a freshman in high school :(), a set of ab work, and 3 sets of 25 of 450 pounds on the leg press (which isn't much better), I started to feel a bit faint, and my heart was pumping pretty hard. And it wouldn't stop. I was about to black out, and was very very dizzy, and it didn't get better for 45 minutes. I honestly thought my heart was going to blow up or something.

So...I am officially chunking this crap!

Angelica Shin
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:25:49 PM
O_o

At least you're okay...Right?

Sanis Prent
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:35:49 PM
yep...no more crazy erratic heartbeat or faint spells

Leeloo Mina
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:40:14 PM
Ack.. that's not good at all.. :(

I'm glad you're alright.

Admiral Lebron
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:40:49 PM
I'm never using crap like that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:45:44 PM
I TOLD YOU!!

:( Glad you're stopping.

Darth Peepers
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:48:46 PM
*To show that he's glad Sanis is ok, Mr. Peepers jumps onto Sanis' leg and begins humping with a ferver that says...."Glad you're better"*

BAH!......BAH!

Lord Gue
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:00:32 PM
I use the stuff and work out and havent had any troubles...
Maybe its just your body type eh? either way, thats a good sign to get off it

Sejah Haversh
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:02:12 PM
Heh, I wish I could afford to go to a gym... but at least I decided not to take Metabolife. I was going to, then I got a job in a giant freeezer of a wherehouse. Lost 45 lbs in a month.

Most of it came back, though....

Glad you're okay, Charley.

imported_Firebird1
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:37:07 PM
Yeah, I take something like that Metabolife.... It sucks about as bad as it though. It helps you lose weight, but it makes you feel like crap, I recommend that none of you take it.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:58:54 AM
told ya is was bad too...... :(

Mu Satach
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:32:30 PM
Fine print taken from their website:

Texas law requires the following statement: This product [Metabolife 356®] has ephedrine group alkaloids in the form of herbal extracts and may cause serious adverse health effects.

There was a high school football player out here whose heart literally exploded during a game because he was on a similar product.

You don't need it. I'm glad you've decided to quit.

Mistress Tatiana
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:33:43 PM
Charley, I'm glad you're okay. Just stay away from that over-the-counter stuff and stick with good ole exercise. I was just having this conversation with one of my co-workers about 30 minutes ago. If you get your exercise and eat right, you'll definatly see results. Gotta be persistant though and never give up....... wait... that sounds like from Galaxy Quest. Never give up! Never surender! :lol

Sanis Prent
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:39:15 PM
I have neither the time to exercise nor the money to "eat right". Thus, weight gain :\

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:40:24 PM
glad you are okay Chickie! :(

AND YOU ARE NOT FAT....sheesh, such a girl sometimes :rolleyes :mneh

Tyreal Dalarsco
Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:47:27 PM
Well, this thread will forever be in my Well Duh File!

James Prent
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:29:47 PM
*smacks Tyreal*

...hey that was fun. :)

Don't drink so much beer, and you won't gain so much weight. SIMPLE and it saves you money to eat right with.

Lilya Goldberry
Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:56:12 PM
:eek

Chickie not drink??? *covers ears with her hands* Lalalalalala

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:28:25 PM
Good thing I never need that stuff, naturally high metabolizm.
Now, if you excuse me, this can of liquid fat is calling my name.

MMmMMmmmm liquid fat

Dae Jinn
Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:32:53 PM
wtf...it's called lard Dyzm. And I bet when you're an old man, all the fat you ate right now is going to come back and get cho!!!! Mwhahahahahaha!!!! >D

Xazor Elessar
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:07:11 PM
:lol I have a high metabolism as well....not to mention I am in Tae-Kwon-Do and I'm a skater punk.....plus I don't eat much anywayz. I'm pretty thin...... :)

Glad that you're okay Charley, that sux you had to deal with that scary moment. At least you're okay now! ;)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:33:43 PM
I took a Tae Kwon Do class. It was not that great. Maybe it was the instructor, I don;t know. I didn;t feel like I got a good work out at all.

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:59:00 PM
Tae Kwon Do is fine and all for show and big happy kicks, but in practicality, its not that great. Anything with experience in kicks, but a base in close quarters or grappling will win against equal skill, every time. In addition, the kicks telegraph, and extend too early. Contrast to any shaolin base kung fu, and you'll notice the difference, as the kicks in shaolin and its derivatives are chambered until the point of strike. This creates a faster, stronger, and more compact kick, and more importantly is less likely to get tangled up in close quarters. Another point of dissent is that Tae Kwon Do artists "gear shift", which is to say that they drop their guard down to provide energy for their kick. By the time they do that, a Shaolin expert (or worse, Ninjitsu, Jiu-Jitsu, or Shoot Fighter) can press in, and either jam their kick up close, or strike at the moment of their lowered guard.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:06:09 PM
I need to find a solid martial art to study. Too bad I'll probably have to go to Asia to get what I want. ::is lacking in funds::

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:07:35 PM
Every kwoon I've seen that teaches Shaolin or Shen Lung Kung fu are free of charge. The only downside is that the learning curve is slow. There's also a great ninjitsu program here in Tuscaloosa, which is unfortunately too expensive for me.

Ishan Shade
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:18:18 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm MMmMMmmmm liquid fat

:lol

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:06:57 PM
I just want to know where to find these places that teach these martial arts

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:13:58 PM
After seeing Blood Sport all I have ever wanted to do is learn kickboxing or something like that... :(

:D

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:31:38 PM
We love you, LD.

Dante
Oct 25th, 2002, 11:02:34 AM
hm. ive tried tae kwon do for about a week.... it didnt work out, on account of needing the flexibility of a proffesional ballerina.... nah, i do Aikido, and have done so for about 3 years. all defensive/grappling.

tis cool.

Dae Jinn
Oct 25th, 2002, 11:05:45 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
After seeing Blood Sport all I have ever wanted to do is learn kickboxing or something like that... :(

:D

She just wants to learn it so she can bully all us to get her way!!!! :lol

imported_Blade Ice
Oct 25th, 2002, 12:42:41 PM
All I know is Submission wrestling and that does give you a hell of a work out. In ultimate fighting they considered it a fighting art I don't know if I really do.

Sanis Prent
Oct 25th, 2002, 01:25:19 PM
Don't know why they wouldn't, since thats essentially what Jiu-Jitsu is

imported_Blade Ice
Oct 25th, 2002, 02:07:08 PM
There are few minor differences.

Sanis Prent
Oct 25th, 2002, 03:09:54 PM
hence essentially.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 25th, 2002, 03:16:59 PM
I got to be honest, i really haveno idea what Charley is talking about.

so ill just jump around instead: :crack

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 25th, 2002, 03:21:11 PM
:lol

>D Yes, Dae, that is my evil plan. Actually I just wish I could defend myself if need be. I mean..I'm sure I could improvise something that would probably get me killed, but... :) I'd rather know for reals.

And thanks Wei. :p