PDA

View Full Version : Week One: Letter to Xazor Leo Dawnstrider

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:44:01 PM
In the early morning light of Coruscant, a figure dressed in grey sweats jogged across the empty walkway, approaching the Jedi Temple. He paused, wiping a sheen of sweat from his forehead, and leaning against the door as he caught his breath, exhaling steam in the chill of morning. He reached in his pocket, pulling out a letter, and slid it under the door, and started back up again, running down the walkway, to some unseen destination. He was always running. The letter lay on the floor, just inside the recruitment center, and waited for the bustle of day to bring someone that might discover it. On the envelope was the name of its intended recipient, Xazor Leo Danwstrider.

When opened, it would read:

Daer Matser Danwstrider,

You may not nkow of me, so let me inrtoduce myeslf. My name is Jackson DeWitt, and I am appliyng for adimssion into the Graeter Jedi Order. I have traevlled from Tattooine to arrive on Corucsant, and am wokring to make a living utnil I am accetped into the Jedi. I do not maen to be presupmtuous, and I cannot quetsion the widsom of wise Jedi, but I have nkown ever since I was little htat I woudl become a Jedi Nkight, like you. The reason I am rwiting you now, is htat my fisrt attepmt in gaining amdittance was rejetced, and I am looking for anyhting and everyhting I can do to ipmrove my chances at amdittance. I know that you can't rihgtfully train me, as I have to be considered for amdittance first, but I was curiuos if you mihgt know of anyone I cuold talk to, any task I cuold do, or anyhting else I mihgt be albe to use to my advatnage to perpare in the maentime. I am very determined, Matser Danwstrider, and htere is no deed too small for me to be etenrally apprecaitive. If a Midihclorain count is needed, I can provide a blood sapmle, and if there are any ohter htings you need of me, please let me nkow. I am only too eagre to do as you ask. Htank you for your time in raeding this...as I nkow you are otfen aksed to hadnle tasks of more impotrance htan hte issue of my amdittance. But your attention to htis matter maens very muhc to me, and I am at the very laest honored htat you take hte time to raed hwat I have to say.

May hte Force be Wiht You,
Jackson Guthrie DeWitt

Xazor Elessar
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:35:31 PM
The morning was crisp and cool as a lone figure made its way along a path, past several buildings. One would have expected her to turn in some place along the way...but she did not, not until she reached the end. Not many people visited this place anymore, the Jedi Recruitment Center....only those few whom were very dedicated ventured here and did not leave. Xazor continued walking until she reached the marble staircase, and she steadily climbed up to the top where she placed her hands upon the large blast doors. With a hiss, they slid open and then something on the floor caught her eye. It was a small envelope....with her name upon it! Bending over, the Knight gently took it in her hands and then moved inside as the doors shut together behind her.

What a curious thing....and to think it's for me!

She had to mentally laugh at the irony....not many people sent her letters now....if she wished to be reached, the invitation to see her was open all the time....if one could find the busy woman. She fingered the seal and opened it carefully, then pulled out the letter inside and began to read. The man who wrote it sounded a bit....desperate, to say the least. She continued reading and then stopped when he said that his request for admission had been...denied. She read it again and shook her head sighing....obviously she had not been the one to greet him that particular day. With her recent scheduling....she had become quite busy and had to put aside her full time duties here.

"His request was rejected....."

The Garou could already feel his pain from such an experience. Sighing, she finished reading the letter and then she placed it back in the envelope before tucking it inside her scarlet red robes. She pushed a few wrinkles out of them and walked further into the Recruitment Center. Her long blonde hair was done up in its usual Garou Warrior Braids with silver coins interwoven into them. She smiled to a group of Padawans that passed and then continued on....letting her deep blue eyes wander about the establishment. She did not catch sight of anyone who looked knew to her, so she turned and made her way back toward the large doors. Xazor made her way out of the Recruitment Center and began walking down another cemented path....and she suddenly picked up a scent. It was the same scent that was upon the letter....so it must have belonged to the one who sought her out!

Thank Gaia for my senses.....

She said softly in her mind and continued following after him until her keen eyes picked up a figure running away from her. She smiled, exposing her elongated canines, and soon took off after him. Though pregnant, the Knight still held a great deal of speed and soon she was but fifty feet from the man. Stopping, Xazor looked after him and folded her arms across her chest.....wondering why he was running. Exercise, perhaps...or maybe he was running from someone. She thought it to be the first, and so she called out after him, using the Force to echo her voice and enhance it....

"Young man! I say......Jackson! Stop, in the name of the Force and come back here at once!"

How formal that sounded....though it was not intended to be. The last thing she wished to be was an authority figure that he feared for fear lead to the Darkside. Sighing, she continued to smile as he stopped and turned to face her. Now she would get to know this man who had been rejected....and he could finally prove himself to her.....though she needed no proof....she already had it.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:50:44 PM
Jackson halted in his tracks, lungs straining as he began to cool down from his rigorous running. He whirled on his feet at the voice in his head, to face a figure that needed no introduction to him.

"Master Dawnstrider!"

He fought for control over his increased heartrate, trying to curb his excitement as well as his physical exertion, and return to equilibrium

Xazor Elessar
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:41:42 PM
Xazor smiled and began walking toward Jackson. He was breathing heavily now, and she did not wish to make him walk all the way to her while she was vital at the moment. Smiling as she stopped about two meters from him, Xazor bowed and then folded her hands at her belt.

"Greetings Jackson....it seems as though you already know me."

She laughed slightly, exposing her elongated canines as she did so. The Garou let her eyes meet his for a moment as his enthusiasm and spirit radiated from his soul. She could already tell that he was serious and dedicated to becomming a Jedi....so why had his request for acceptance been denied? It was a question that boggled her mind at the moment.....but hopefully he would shed some light upon his true character....

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 16th, 2002, 09:14:59 PM
He looked at her like that was an obvious statement she'd just made.

"Well of course I do, ma'am! Who hasn't heard of you? I mean, you're famous! One of the best Jedi in the whole Order these days!"

Xazor Elessar
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:09:16 PM
Xazor's eyes widened at his words and her brows furrowed slightly as she took in what he had said.

"I mean, your famous!"

She shook her head and allowed a slight laugh to escape her lips. Is that what he wants out of this, fame? The Knight sighed and looked him over once again. He had a big heart, she knew that...but perhaps he was expecting the wrong things out of this.

"Fame.....is that what you think this is all about? I had no idea that anyone had ever heard of me."

True, people came seeking her out because they had heard of her reputation, but no one had ever claimed her to be....famous. It was such an aweful word besides. The Knight narrowed her eyes at him as thoughts of the many who had comitted to the Jedi Order and then had dropped out. She began to circle around him, letting her gaze bore holes into him.

"Well!? Is that what you want?!"

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:31:27 PM
"Well...it kinda has a way of followin folks like you around. I rightly don't know what I'd do in your shoes though, ma'am...I don't think I'm cut out to be a big name."

He smiled nervously.

"But I do wanna be a Jedi! Always have."

Xazor Elessar
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:44:36 PM
"A big name? If you become a Jedi, your goal is not to gain a big name....or any kind of fame at all! Your deeds should be done out of what is in your heart....not out of lust..."

She said firmly. The Knight stopped in front of him once again and sighed, shaking her head. Perhaps he would only cause trouble if he was accepted here. Maybe the others saw something deeper than his big heart....perhaps that is blinding me. She thought to herself. Shaking her head, the Garou took a medium sized pouch of credits from her robes. It was known only to a few how wealthy she was....and these couple thousand credits was nothing to her but pocket change. She prided herself in nothing, not money, wealth.....or a name of any sorts.

"If fame and fortune are what you seek, take this money and go to The Sith Order....I'm sure someone there will make you famous."

The Garou walked over to him and shoved the sack of money into his arms, hitting his chest with a powerful thud. With that, she began walking away, shaking her head. She had to stick to policy and to those who were dedicated....this guy.....pfft......he cared not and she was sure he would drop out within the first day of training.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:28:39 PM
"Ma'am...thats not what I meant!"

Jackson ran after her with the sack of credits, returning it to her.

"I wouldn't know what to do with fame and fortune anymore than I'd know how to pilot a star destroyer, ma'am. It ain't for me, and that's not what I'm after. I'm from simple folk, ma'am...and we ain't never had nothin at all, and thats always suited me fine. But I have always wanted to make a difference, and I've always known that to do so, I had to be a Jedi. Thats why I'm here...not to be a big name. I realize that every person's gotta do a bit of good in their own way, and I could never be a champion like that."

Xazor Elessar
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:36:02 PM
Xazor shook her head, unconvinced. She was starting to think that the others were right about this one. Sighing, she pushed her bag of credits back into his arms and walked away.

"You just.......you just are not Jedi material......I'm sorry......"

She said softly, as the distance between them grew. Sure, he had a great big heart.....but he just wasn't what they sought in a Jedi. Sighing, the Knight continued on, not looking back as she went.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 19th, 2002, 06:41:58 PM
"But ma'am...isn't there anything more I can do? I don't understand. If there's anything...and I mean anything...I can do it. There ain't anything more that I'd work harder at."

Xazor Elessar
Oct 21st, 2002, 05:21:27 PM
Xazor shook her head and turned back to look at him.

"Unfortunatly...there is nothing that you can do....unless you are quick in the area of persuasion....I'm sorry...."

With that, she began to walk faster to avoid his questions...feeling badly for the way that she had treated him. If he would have just been a bit...different...she would have said yes in a heartbeat...but not this time...not him....

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 28th, 2002, 03:41:07 PM
Jackson watched her walk away, sighing deeply. It was another setback, but he wouldn't let it get in his way. He took a moment to rest, and continued running, away from Xazor and the temple.