PDA

View Full Version : Three's not quite a crowd (Jackson, Kindo)

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:36:43 PM
Zeke led Jackson through the halls of the Living Quarters, counting the rooms to his right.

"Our room is here."

He stopped before a door bearing the names "Zeke" and "Ki Adi Kindo".

"We have no bedspace, so you can take the couch until we get another bed hauled up. Need to put a third nameplate on the door too."

He opened the door and walked in, kicking off his shoes.

"Make yourself at home."

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:53:33 PM
"Thank you, Master Zeke."

Smiling, Jackson entered the quarters. They were small and modest, but still roomy compared to the hovel he was used to on Mos Espa, which was shared by 10 siblings and 2 parents. The couch would do nicely! He stepped in, setting his bag of possessions beside the small table in the corner. The walls were more or less bare in the main room, as the focal points were the couch and small holoprojector.

"Um...Zeke? Do you mind if I...put a few things on the wall?"

He smiled nervously.

"You know...to make it feel like home, I guess?"

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:56:59 PM
"Go for it. Oh, and the closet in the bedroom is half empty. You can throw your clothes in there."

Zeke went to the fridge and looked inside.

"Ya want something?"

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:17:03 PM
"No thanks, I'm not too hungry right now."

Jackson began to rummage through his bag, pulling aside a thick manilla folder, and setting it on the desk. Opening it up, he pulled out dozens of newspaper clippings and pictures, and began to stick them onto a small niche of wall space, forming a makeshift collage. Headlines show in stark black ink, set above pictures of dozens of Jedi.

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23102>JEDI VALIANTLY DEFEND EVIL INVADERS</a>

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23556>VILLAGERS PRAYERS ANSWERED</a>

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23535>HUMANITARIAN JEDI AID BAKURA</a>

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22835>VICIOUS BEASTS THWARTED</a>

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21013>JEDI RALLY TO SAVE A VILLAGE</a>

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2002, 03:22:42 PM
Zeke looked over Jackson's shoulder at the clippings.

"I was in...two of these."

He pointed at "JEDI VALIANTLY DEFEND EVIL INVADERS" with a slight grin.

"I fought the leader of the Black Hand, the Evil Hobgoblin, single-handed. It was right before my promotion. I was still a Padawan then."

He looked to "JEDI RALLY TO SAVE A VILLAGE" and grinned broader.

"That one was a wreck. An army of Padawans, not a one of us could do a thing about it. A bunch of masters showed up to mop up after us..."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:52:34 PM
Kindo entered into his quarter's, removing his jet-black leather jacket and carelessly throwing it to the floor. It was then when he noticed an unknown individual pinning papers on the apartment walls. He became very inquisitive, but intrigued nonetheless.

" Greetings friend. "

He casually stepped over near the unfamiliar man, extending his arm for a handshake.

" My name is Ki Adi Kindo, I too am a Jedi Knight here at the GJO. Whats your name? "

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 15th, 2002, 11:20:36 PM
Jackson shook the man's hand.

"Hi, I'm Jackson DeWitt."

He grinned sheepishly

"Yessir, I know who you are. You're the one who fought off two Lupines at once! I hear they can change their shape and become animals! How about that!"

Jackson's smile widened.

"You're really something else, sir. Its an honor to meet you!"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:45:19 PM
Kindo was quite bewildered by the man's excitement, for never had he been told that it was honor to meet him.

" It's great to meet you, Jackson. "

The inquiring Jedi briefly tilted his head, noticing the guy's possesions resting against their sofa. It was evident that he was moving in.

" Well, if you're moving in, let me grab you a blanket or two. "

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:59:53 PM
"Oh, thats not necessary sir...I don't wanna impose more than I already am. By the looks of things, three's gonna be a crowd in here, and I'm cold natured anyways."

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:59:40 AM
"Imposing? Nah. Go unload your clothes in the closet. Its in there," Zeke said, gesturing toward the next room. "Just don't knock over m'box."

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:57:52 AM
Jackson stowed his bag away in the closet, tucking it into a free corner.

"Thank you."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 17th, 2002, 04:07:52 PM
Ki Adi strolled out of his bedroom, in his hands a comforter and a pillow for their new roommate.

" Here you go, pal. "

He tossed the stuff onto the couch.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:39:30 PM
"Thanks, Ki Adi."

Jackson reached into his bag, pulling out a small holocube, and smiled wistfully.

"So, I bet you guys know all sorts of great Jedi history stuff, right?"

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2002, 10:55:41 PM
"Sorta," Zeke said. "It depends alot. What do you want to know?"

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:45:16 PM
"Oh, I was just askin...its always been a big hobby of mine. About the only thing I know a lick of anything about."

Zeke
Oct 18th, 2002, 12:24:49 AM
"For real? Tell us something obscure. Something that's not common knowledge."

Zeke's words didn't carry the tone of a challenge, but curiosity.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 18th, 2002, 05:32:42 PM
" Yeah, tell us something interesting. "

Kindo sat down in one of their chairs, his focus still placed on Jackson. A fascinated look remained across his face.

Jackson DeWitt
Oct 18th, 2002, 07:03:45 PM
"Well...one of my favorite things was a speech, by a Jedi Master named Au Ler Yant, about 2000 years ago. Y'see, him and his students, they were fightin some Sith Lords on this long-dead planet, and there was a big fortress that they'd all set up to rain down terror on the folks livin there. So Master Yant had to inspire his padawans, cause they were a bit outnumbered, and the enemy had the high ground."

Jackson slid the holocube into the player, with a smile on his face.

"It took two months wages at the farm to buy this off a Toydarian junker at Tosche station."

He pulled a chair from the desk, and stood on it, as he hit the play button of the holoviewer. The visage of an older man, dressed in the traditional robes of a Jedi Master, filled the air, and both the hologram and Jackson began to move as one, choreographed together as if Jackson had played out this famous scene thousands of times over.

'We're gonna swing inside, we're gonna swing outside!
Inside and outside em!
We're gonna get em on the run, boys!
And once we get em on the run, we're gonna keep em on the run!
And then we're gonna go, go, go, go....and we're not gonna stop until we win the top of the mountain!
These Sith, they say they're...good. Well I think we're better than them.
They can't lick us! So whaddya say, men?"

Zeke
Oct 18th, 2002, 08:07:28 PM
"Jackson DeWitt, Jedi Master, Creator of All Speeches Inspirational."

Zeke grinned.

"That's cool."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Oct 18th, 2002, 08:25:22 PM
Ki Adi rose to his feet, utterly captivated by Jackson's performance.

" Encore, encore. "

He was completely astonished, for never before had he ever met someone so intrigued by the Jedi. It was quite gratifying.

" You sure do know alot about us Jedi, don't you? "

Mutant Cockroach
Oct 18th, 2002, 08:35:02 PM
"Hey, Kindo, watch where you're going!"

I scurried out from under his feet, my little voice barely reaching everyone's ears. I was taking a little nap in Zeke's cardboard box when the loud talking reached my sensitive 'ears'. Immediately, my snooze was disrupted and I crawled out, going under Kindo's feet for protection.

Now that my hiding place was revealed, I spread my wings and flew up, landing on Zeke's left shoulder. Curiously I peered at Jackson.